Chequebook oot King

GOAT

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

People keep asking for £30m forcwhat I see. 

And havent both come out and said they expect more players on with MW saying he was looking at a CB and a forward? 

Yes,that's the figure that King himself came out with in the first place.

True,but will they be of any real quality or will it be another gamble like Hill e.g?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smile said:

That's not something I've ever said  as even with a decent manager he needs the tools to do the job, Patience was for last season as well, this season Warburton has to win it or he will be out on his arse.

I honestly think he chose the wrong team yesterday plus that defence which was murder last season  should have been sorted.

Money does have to be spent but we only seem to be buying midfielders that problem should also be addressed.

Really win the league at first attempt or MW is out on his Arse? That really is a long term patient approach!

ok let's say he wins it this year but we come second next year - do we sack him then? 

Is that what we now want - win every thing every year or your sacked? We 'expect' to win - that I agree with but sacking a manager who is moving us forward for Not winning the league at the first attempt is ludicrous ( imho) 

58 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think BP9 gets a bad rep on here i very rarely agree with him but like everyone he entitled to his opinion.

At least he comes out honestly and states what they are whether they are popular opinions or receive mass agreement or not.

Damn and I just argued with you in another post - Damm! :cheers: 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Is that what we now want - win every thing every year or your sacked? We 'expect' to win - that I agree with but sacking a manager who is moving us forward for Not winning the league at the first attempt is ludicrous ( imho) 

We don't "expect",we demand the league is won every year.

hqdefault.jpg

Welcome to the NFL,rookie.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Really win the league at first attempt or MW is out on his Arse? That really is a long term patient approach!

ok let's say he wins it this year but we come second next year - do we sack him then? 

I don't think it's right he gets the sack if he fails to win the league at the first attempt. What angers people is, as you or the Dude alluded to above a bit, is playing favourites regardless of form i.e Halliday and Miller and Tav ... predictable subs on the 60th minute mark (the choice of subs was correct yesterday, but they should have been done at half-time and I think we would have won it), short-corners, no plan B, 3 inter-changable forwards that seem to be everywhere in and around the box rather than in constant positions to just put their foot through it etc.

All that is fine if we get off to a flier. On our day we are a very very good team, but when it doesn't work we are so frustrating it's unreal. A lot of the problems can easily be avoided.

Warburton is a fantastic manager with a great footballing ethos, I still like him even when I'm raging at games like yesterday but he's far from perfect. We are not the great team everyone thinks we are. We can be, however, with a few small changes and King giving him some proper money to spend in the 2 major key areas. I see some horrible paralells with Paul Le Guen. Good manager, good footballing ethos, good health and training methods but under-estimated what's actually needed in a couple of key areas.

It's my personal view but I don't mind a Rangers manager not winning the top flight league once, but should be fail twice in a row then I think mistakes have not been learned from and time to nip it in the bud and look elsewhere - but we are a long way from that and I think we will win the league with Warburton in charge. Maybe not this year, which is still unacceptable.

40 minutes ago, GOAT said:

This isn't the third division, the second division or the 1st division anymore.  This is the top flight, this is now the be all and end all of in life as a Rangers supporter to win the league, get into CL football.  Spending pennies in the diddy leagues should have been more than enough to win those leagues and come up with a decent manager in charge.  We now need investment to challenge the tarriers.

see if you want to go and suck mccoists cock, do it away from here eh?

So you want us to live out with our means - rely on King as a sugar Daddy and go back to chequered book signings - aye good one - and are still obsessed with hating Ally! Same old same old. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We don't "expect",we demand the league is won every year.

hqdefault.jpg

Welcome to the NFL,rookie.

So my question is would you sack MW if we don't win the league this year? Smile said he should be out on his Arse - I disagree! You? 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you want us to live out with our means - rely on King as a sugar Daddy and go back to chequered book signings - aye good one - and are still obsessed with hating Ally! Same old same old. 

He's not saying that at all. Is spending a couple of million on a decent center half for example really outwith our means considering we've 42 thousand season ticket holders, free of any major debt and King's investment promises?

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fuck yes.Let's go down the same road as the scum did with Hay,McNeil,Brady, etc. Great thinking by the BD managerial think tank.Fucking joke of a place,Rangers supporters my arse.

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

So my question is would you sack MW if we don't win the league this year? Smile said he should be out on his Arse - I disagree! You? 

Depends on the circumstances,if we lose a league title by a couple of points then it's a sore one to take but you always remain optimistic that we can get the job done the following campaign if we rectify the mistakes that were made.

If however they stroll to another title comfortably then that's totally unacceptable in my eyes and the clock will be ticking for the manager.

I wouldn't sack Warburton if they win it again this year,but next season it'd be win or bust.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think it's right he gets the sack if he fails to win the league at the first attempt. What angers people is, as you or the Dude alluded to above a bit, is playing favourites regardless of form i.e Halliday and Miller and Tav ... predictable subs on the 60th minute mark (the choice of subs was correct yesterday, but they should have been done at half-time and I think we would have won it), short-corners, no plan B, 3 inter-changable forwards that seem to be everywhere in and around the box rather than in constant positions to just put their foot through it etc.

All that is fine if we get off to a flier. On our day we are a very very good team, but when it doesn't work we are so frustrating it's unreal. A lot of the problems can easily be avoided.

Warburton is a fantastic manager with a great footballing ethos, I still like him even when I'm raging at games like yesterday but he's far from perfect. We are not the great team everyone thinks we are. We can be, however, with a few small changes and King giving him some proper money to spend in the 2 major key areas. I see some horrible paralells with Paul Le Guen. Good manager, good footballing ethos, good health and training methods but under-estimated what's actually needed in a couple of key areas.

It's my personal view but I don't mind a Rangers manager not winning the top flight league once, but should be fail twice in a row then I think mistakes have not been learned from and time to nip it in the bud and look elsewhere - but we are a long way from that and I think we will win the league with Warburton in charge. Maybe not this year, which is still unacceptable.

We nearly agree - I just don't buy this whole 'favourites' thing - MW, as I expect any manager to do, picks the team he thinks will perform the best, taking into account all factors like form, previous performances, team tactics and balance, squad rotation needs etc etc - if MW wants to pick Miller , Halliday and Tav then that is his right and Good enough for me - he will survive or Suceed by those choices! 

I actually think the 60min Subs in general are a good thing and a 'fresh' tactic that he brought to the team - many critiqued WS and Ally for 'leaving' dubs to 60 min. With very few exceptions managers tend not to make subs at half time and I agree with that as it is not great for confidence of those being hooked and football is a confidence game ( being in our starting 11 means you have proven yourself)! Many critiquing the lack of short corners yesterday - many critique the use of short corners in other games. 

We agree he should not be sacked of he fails to win the league this year but we both wil expect the team to be competitive  ( which probably means at least second) and no matter what we expect progress next season. I don't think MW will get a third season if we don't win it in the first two but that might depend on progression, cup wins and 'circumstances' ( as yet unknown). 

38 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This current squad should be winning the league mate no questions about it. If King says we should be challenging then ill hold them to that. Anything other than a tight fight then serious questions should be asked

This current squad ain't good enough to win the league

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's not saying that at all. Is spending a couple of million on a decent center half for example really outwith our means considering we've 42 thousand season ticket holders, free of any major debt and King's investment promises?

They are working on deals - would be happy if we paid a fee if it was the right player - but to 'just' spend, for spend sake, should not be done. 

21 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

'More than competitive'.   That was the words of MW earlier in the week.  1-1 against Hamilton at home with a performance (predictably) lacking in sufficient goal scoring threat and (predictably) weak defensively is nowhere near a level that could even remotely be regarded as 'more than competitive'.  

MW has either kidded himself into thinking the names stood before him on the training pitch somehow collectively assemble to genuinely become a 'more than competitive' winning squad, or he is masking financial reality of there being insufficient dosh from the Board to improve on it and is therefore engaged in a media attempt to talk up the quality of the squad.   1-1 against Hamilton at home risks producing mirth at any notion of this squad producing an end of season assessment of a 'more than competitive' report card.   Why - on the basis of today - does MW think what he has is sufficient to be more than competitive?   What evidence is on show to back that assertion up?   Losing 2 points is not evidence, and neither is the % of possession or number of shots at goal.  

Goals win games.    We need a quality striker (probably more than 1) pronto if the MW and DK is serious about a claim to requiring to be more than competitive.  

Losing goals can mean losing points.  2 points lost today due to poor defending.  

The problems are not new - they were evident from about the start of 2016.    Thing is - MW does not seem to see it or if he does he places no weight of emphasis on fixing the problem.   Neither does DK.   Which may indicate that being more than competitive in DK's mind for this season may really mean a top 6 finish without his having to shell out for players to achieve something a whole lot better.  

To be clear, if we end up in a middle league position at the end of he season not only will DK come under intense scrutiny for failing to back up his fabled £30m statements - so will MW as it's his judgement that he is happy with the squad as is and would run with it for the season if needed.   Thing is - seems much of the Support think a goal scoring CF is needed and a much more reliable CB is needed.    We may be wrong and MW may be right that the current squad is good enough.   But I somehow doubt it.   1-1 at home to Hamilton, a 3-1 thumping by Burnley and the decidedly rocky displays towards the end of last season and losing a cup fnal tell me that the striker and CB problems are far from fixed. Worse than that - they do not appear to be seen as serious problems by either MW or DK. 

Totally agree mate. If we go to the end of August without even a sniff of a decent CB/CF, then there's definitely a bit of 'spin' going on with the media. Hope I'm wrong  :(

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Naw I expect king to live up to his word, he talked a good game in his numerous interviews before he got control. 

Oh and we have record season ticket sales this season, where's the money from that if King doesn't want to live up to his word and open his wallet?

As for Ally you're the one that brought him up in your last post, you might not have mentioned him directly but you knew exactly what you were doing.  Mccoist was a terrible manager, get over it.

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

They are working on deals - would be happy if we paid a fee if it was the right player - but to 'just' spend, for spend sake, should not be done. 

I agree about spending for the sake of it but these deals have to be the right ones or people will IMO rightly be critical of King 

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We nearly agree - I just don't buy this whole 'favourites' thing - MW, as I expect any manager to do, picks the team he thinks will perform the best, taking into account all factors like form, previous performances, team tactics and balance, squad rotation needs etc etc - if MW wants to pick Miller , Halliday and Tav then that is his right and Good enough for me - he will survive or Suceed by those choices! 

I actually think the 60min Subs in general are a good thing and a 'fresh' tactic that he brought to the team - many critiqued WS and Ally for 'leaving' dubs to 60 min. With very few exceptions managers tend not to make subs at half time and I agree with that as it is not great for confidence of those being hooked and football is a confidence game ( being in our starting 11 means you have proven yourself)! Many critiquing the lack of short corners yesterday - many critique the use of short corners in other games. 

We agree he should not be sacked of he fails to win the league this year but we both wil expect the team to be competitive  ( which probably means at least second) and no matter what we expect progress next season. I don't think MW will get a third season if we don't win it in the first two but that might depend on progression, cup wins and 'circumstances' ( as yet unknown). 

Yeah I agree in general the 60 minute mark is a good time to put on subs and half an hour with fresh players is more than enough usually to make an impact but there's some people exceptions like yesterday everyone including myself in the pub said just make these changes at half time instead of 60 minutes 

It was obvious after 20 of minutes our shape and personnel was all wrong. Why we brought Niko out for the second was a horrible decision, everyone on the stadium knew the guy was a passenger. 

The 60 minute sub was predictable and far too late, it probably cost us the win. 

It was just a really frustrating game which is a shame as the crowd were terrific. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

And if we had drawn every one would be moaning that MOH was not up to the job, why was Rossiter picked ahead of Nico etc etc - I noted very little Cristisism of team selection prior to the game but everybody is a perfect hindsight manager. 

I said in the pre-season friendlie or League Cup games that we have took all the pace out the team with the added players, so i kinda spotted it early. We are all keyboard Managers that's what the forums about.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It was obvious after 20 of minutes our shape and personnel was all wrong. Why we brought Niko out for the second was a horrible decision, everyone on the stadium knew the guy was a passenger. 

The 60 minute sub was predictable and far too late, it probably cost us the win. 

It was just a really frustrating game which is a shame as the crowd were terrific. 

I get the feeling he doesn't like upsetting people. Niko looks like someone who would take the huff easy.

1 minute ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

I get the feeling he doesn't like upsetting people. Niko looks like someone who would take the huff easy.

Maybe but playing him in games were the opposition get stuck in about you is going to cost us points. 

If we are going to play him it should be as a sub to get hit fitness up to scratch first. Starting him as shown yesterday is a big risk ( and that was against a poor Hamilton side) 

44 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Naw I expect king to live up to his word, he talked a good game in his numerous interviews before he got control. 

Oh and we have record season ticket sales this season, where's the money from that if King doesn't want to live up to his word and open his wallet?

As for Ally you're the one that brought him up in your last post, you might not have mentioned him directly but you knew exactly what you were doing.  Mccoist was a terrible manager, get over it.

Yer just an obsessed hater that can't every see anything good happening so just wheel out your rhetoric and hatred- I see King having signed a decent manager - upped the quality of the squad this year and sanctioned all the behind the scenes changes for long term good. You just want a big headline singing that you'd probably slag as not Rangers standard anyway. 

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree about spending for the sake of it but these deals have to be the right ones or people will IMO rightly be critical of King 

We all want the 'right deals' but also have to accept some players take time to bed in and some never make it - one of the many things that has impressed me about MW is he seems to quickly get new players bedded in ( not quick enough for some) but so far is doing well.