Clint Hill

Guest Lloyd72

3 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Like Joey Barton and a few others, he did make a few stray passes in the first half. Other than that I thought both centre halves were ok today. In fact the back 4 were ok I thought and Tav was very good defensively which was good to see.

I think we should give Clint Hill time to prove himself and also to try build a partnership with the other defenders (There definitely needs to be better communication but that is common with players who haven't played together much). It's far too early to start calling him Warburton's worst signing. Give the guy a chance.

He's had plenty time, a lot more than the 20 minutes we  normally give players, HF was written off last season after just one substitute appearance, it's the RM WAY?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again some folk can't see the woods for the trees!

I didn't think he played that well today but you need to ask yourself why someone who you can clearly see and hear directing people to get into positions to play the ball short, can't make a pass.

The number of times Hill and Keirnan had the ball and had no one to pass to was ridiculous for the way we play. At one point he stood pointing at the gap where a CDM should be and still no one moved, so he played it to wes who again looked for the pass into midfield that never materialised. Barton, Halliday and Kranjcar were to blame for that!

As a team we done 4-5 things wrong or that we normally wouldn't do, which meant we were ineffective but I hope this is a wake up call to some of them.

The starting 11today was the wrong choice from the start!

5 hours ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Must admit even found it a strange one when heard we'd signed him, then the optomist in me said look at davie weir gave us his best playing days in what shouldve been his twilight years of playing however Clint Hill is more like Jimmy Hill than Sir Davie ?

I know he is seen as a figure of fun but Jimmy Hill really did shitloads for the modern game. We need a robust CH capable of organising and an out and out striker. We Have all said this prior to this season starting.

6 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

The worst was when Miller was screaming for it to be played in behind, so loud you could hear it in the stands and he just stood there looking around with ball at his feet and ended up just passing it to Halliday who was right in front of him, if it had been Wilson he would have at least tried to play Miller in.

Posted this in the other thread. Dallying on the ball until there were no options. He was pish. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Polo said:

Posted this in the other thread. Dallying on the ball until there were no options. He was pish. 

The guy irritated me doing that all game, thought Halliday done the same a few times. I couldn't believe how many missed opportunities we had from not making the correct passes and playing it right back to the half way line or to Wes.

9 hours ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Must admit even found it a strange one when heard we'd signed him, then the optomist in me said look at davie weir gave us his best playing days in what shouldve been his twilight years of playing however Clint Hill is more like Jimmy Hill than Sir Davie ?

Brilliant pun :-) 

10 hours ago, will2203 said:

You,re having a laugh....utter fucking pish, even makes Tavernier look like  a decent right back! That said Tavernier again at fault for Accies goal.

How do you work that out? Krancjar and Wallace were responsible for not putting in any sort of challenge. Seems the captain can do no wrong for some. I'm sure he would be his own harshest critic. 

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

How do you work that out? Krancjar and Wallace were responsible for not putting in any sort of challenge. Seems the captain can do no wrong for some. I'm sure he would be his own harshest critic. 

Wallace always gets off lightly , at times hes crap , looks great bombing forward but his defending is terrible. Reminds me of Hutton.

8 hours ago, badjon said:

I know he is seen as a figure of fun but Jimmy Hill really did shitloads for the modern game. We need a robust CH capable of organising and an out and out striker. We Have all said this prior to this season starting.

Mate you've got the wrong Forum, this is about Clint Hill, not Jimmy Hill.  (try the Fulham Forum circa 1950's) ??

Thought our problem in the 1st half (as it was in the cup final) was that we were static  - no movement to create space and take the pass, Countless times Hill did not have a outlet.  Not sure that he did much wrong defensively and would go as far as saying he had a good second half.

What I loved in the early part of MW tenure was the work put in to create space, players buzzing about everywhere and dragging opponents out of position, we haven't seen that for some time.  That midfield as a trio should not start the next game.