Steven Davis on Twitter

EMRFC

9 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ok, so on an ideal world every player TUPE over.

Answer this, during that time who was paying the players wages? As under tupe your contract, salary etc goes over. 

We would have been crippled financially. I wouldn't rule out fact players knew this and helped them chose to leave, but why think of that when can all be scabs.

Also, say every player came over and were sold, do you honestly think we would have kept that money? Never in a million years would they have seen us build up a bulk of money to help going forward whilst creditors were sitting out of pocket. 

People dont see it because of hatred but top earning players leaving actually helped to keep the club alive to an extent.

I would agree with this if all players who didn't want to stay hadn't TUPE'd over, but as I mentioned previously, the likes of Bocanegra and Goian made it clear they didn't want to play in the lower leagues, but still transferred their contracts over so we could at least have received a fee for them. 

I understand your point about the wages, but for the likes of Whittaker and Naismith, we surely would've received at least a minimal fee for them within a matter of days after the NewCo being set up.  We may not have even have had to have paid another wage instalment for them.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct me if I'm wrong, but werent  we due to get 900k for Davis, just the SFA withheld it?

Personally I'd walk to Southampton and carry him back myself. Most underrated player in the Premier League, I would say in Europe but I don't watch enough European leagues. He'd be the best player in Scotland, he already was the first time we signed him - this time there's not one player in this country who could lace his boots. 

I agree, as club captain his silence waa deafening in our darkest hour. Evidently he was a different character to McCulloch or even McCoist, and in all honesty he was never a leader in the first place. For Naismith and Whittaker the door is slammed shut forever, and if I'm forgetting certain things that are later pointed out I'll hold my hand up - but I'd welcome Davis back with open arms. 

49 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Goat, put yourself in Davis's shoes.

Captain of his country and clearly far better than the level we were being punted too. Would you have stayed?

He got a fee for the club, that we seen nothing of, but that wasn't his problem. Even if every player had been sold we wouldn't have got a penny.

None of us will ever know what went on behind closed doors so we can hardly pass judgement on it. 

He has been proven right for his career to leave, been outstanding for club and country since so for him he done the right thing. 

Also, if he had stayed, 1- we couldn't afford him, 2- we would have been selfish asking him to stay at that level, 3- if sold we wouldn't have benefited as corrupt powers would have taken it.

Guy couldn't win either way, so is now seen as a scab, which personally I think is wrong. 

I can't believe people are defending these rhats.

Oh and for the record, no one expecting him or the rest to still be with us in the third division, but what they so called Rangers men should have done is stay on and then let us dictate the fee we received for them during that transfer window.  They abandoned us, pure and simple.  Imagine even defending that.

38 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Did we not get a transfer fee from Southampton for him? Unlike McGregor and co who walked away for fuck all.

So to me he is not in the same bracket as McGregor and co who shafted us, it's the same with wee Aluko, he paid to come to us so I did not blame him leaving.  But Lafferty, Whittaker , Naismith , McGregir etc ever turn out for us again I walk away from Rangers as they are dead in my eyes and many many other fans eyes. 

No we didn't get a transfer fee for him.  After he fucked off Southampton signed him and then out of honour and respect for the club gave us some money.  Far below his valuation but they still gave us something when they didn't have too.

34 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ok, so on an ideal world every player TUPE over.

Answer this, during that time who was paying the players wages? As under tupe your contract, salary etc goes over. 

We would have been crippled financially. I wouldn't rule out fact players knew this and helped them chose to leave, but why think of that when can all be scabs.

Also, say every player came over and were sold, do you honestly think we would have kept that money? Never in a million years would they have seen us build up a bulk of money to help going forward whilst creditors were sitting out of pocket. 

People dont see it because of hatred but top earning players leaving actually helped to keep the club alive to an extent.

Your creditors comment is nonsense, there's an new company running the football club, we owed absolutely nothing to anyone.  

We also made £21 million in a share issue that summer aswell, so aye of course we could have made money and had it sitting in the bank.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No we didn't get a transfer fee for him.  After he fucked off Southampton signed him and then out of honour and respect for the club gave us some money.  Far below his valuation but they still gave us something when they didn't have too.

Plus the fact Davis portrayed himself as a Rangers fan and at the time was the club captain.

What an example he set eh? Just another £ chasing empty shirt.

Wouldn't give a shit if he moved to them tbh, he's a rat bastard in my eyes anyway.

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I can't believe people are defending these rhats.

Oh and for the record, no one expecting him or the rest to still be with us in the third division, but what they so called Rangers men should have done is stay on and then let us dictate the fee we received for them during that transfer window.  They abandoned us, pure and simple.  Imagine even defending that.

So you think if they tupe over and we sold them we would have kept all the transfer fees? 

I doubt we would have seen much of any by time all the vultures had there share.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So you think if they tupe over and we sold them we would have kept all the transfer fees? 

I doubt we would have seen much of any by time all the vultures had there share.

The fees would have went to the club no matter how that was spent.  It might have went to Ally's bonus, or Charles bonus, or any of the other clowns in the board rooms bonus, I can't answer that.  But bottom line it would still have went into the clubs bank balance.

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Your creditors comment is nonsense, there's an new company running the football club, we owed absolutely nothing to anyone.  

We also made £21 million in a share issue that summer aswell, so aye of course we could have made money and had it sitting in the bank.

I feel that is not true goat. 

Under whyte, green. easdales and the input of Ashley n his associates money has dissapeared out our club unaccounted for.

This hypothetical pot would have been the same.

15 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I think it was £2 million 

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Also the creditors bit isnt nonsense, rangers agreed to settle debts as part of getting licence to play in 3rd division so would have went here. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Also the creditors bit isnt nonsense, rangers agreed to settle debts as part of getting licence to play in 3rd division so would have went here. 

Aye footballing debts.  

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The fees would have went to the club no matter how that was spent.  It might have went to Ally's bonus, or Charles bonus, or any of the other clowns in the board rooms bonus, I can't answer that.  But bottom line it would still have went into the clubs bank balance.

The sfa took the fee and think the admin would have sorted it out, only £3.5 million more to find and that's those robbing cunts fee paid .

£5.5 million was a disgrace and it should have been looked into as they never did anywhere near £5.5 million worth of work.   

We were an easy target and they just ripped the piss out of it, and not one mention from any MSP about it. 

Just now, GOAT said:

Aye footballing debts.  

Yeah so money would have went to this and then the scabs would have taken more out the club. 

And as I've said. We couldn't afford to pay these guys to stay. Wallace is the only player of quality, value and future who stayed from the team.

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah so money would have went to this and then the scabs would have taken more out the club. 

And as I've said. We couldn't afford to pay these guys to stay. Wallace is the only player of quality, value and future who stayed from the team.

Hindsights a wonderful thing.

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Hindsights a wonderful thing.

Correct so how can players then all be scabs for not transferring into the unknown?

Hindsight now may have seen some make different choices, as you say though it's a wonderful thing in many circumstances.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

That's what I'm thinking every time I read your shite.  The so called Rangers fan fucked off and left us in the lurch along with the other arseholes in the summer of 2012.  Fuck him.

So as a 26/27 year old footballer you'd rather play in the Scottish 3rd division than the EPL??... Do me a favour