**** Official 2016 Ryder Cup Thread ****

Just now, the brown brogue said:

Outwith McIlroy, Pieters and Stenson I'm not too sure where Europe's points will come from tomorrow. America huge favourites but you never know.

I think the great thing about Golf, and The Ryder Cup in particular, is every day is different. All 24 players, on their day, are capable of producing world class golf. Right now there is no pressure on Europe, especially the rookies. The only person who may be feeling it is Westwood, possibly Kaymer. However, USA are now massive favourites. That brings a lot of pressure, and they won't have their buddies to bail them out. It doesn't look great but I really don't believe it's over. Yet anyway. It will be very tough but it can be done............

2 hours ago, The Mailman said:

Lee Westwood shouldn't have been picked, old pals act from Clarke. A decision that could cost the Ryder Cup IMO .

nah, harsh to blame it on westwood alone, we lost 4-0 and 3-1 in two of the pairing sessions, thats a shocking return given who else we had in they sessions

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

nah, harsh to blame it on westwood alone, we lost 4-0 and 3-1 in two of the pairing sessions, thats a shocking return given who else we had in they sessions

Maybe a bit harsh but for me he had to deliver given that he probly shouldn't have been picked. He had a few terrible shots 1st day and then that putt last night . 

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Think Rory and Pieters are joint top on 3 points. You'd expect one or both to win today so unlikely it will be anyone other than them.......

Stuck £10 on rory at the start of the tournament got 13/2. For every game he wins i also get £5 free bet so happy days.

Matche's 6,7and 8 are were it will be won or lost. They seem to include the weaker players from each side based on their form in this event so far.Mickelson and Garcia have both swung from brilliant to poor, the other four have been pretty average with any resulting points being the result of good partners or opponents mistakes.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I'm still at a loss as to what happened on the 17th.....willet has a chip and run to win the hole and Westwood is 6ft from the pin, any doubles game I've played in would try and see the 6ft putt in to secure the half, what we got was a half hearted attempt from willet which hung Westwood out to dry, on the eighteenth though their are no excuses for the putt that Westwood missed, it came down to bottle and big lees unfortunately crashed, in hindsight we should of won that match 1up and should of had a great chance of retaining the cup but I now reckon it's gone sadly.