English Football

Clemdog

51 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

a sale can still go through as far as I'm aware

I thought it was like freezing an asset, that being Chelsea and nothing moving in either direction. Could be wrong, no sure I want to get right in about it the now, Rangers playing tonight the main focus.

44 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I just find it a bit strange that he is ok as a club owner one day and the next he isn't - because of something he has no control over. 

Over simplification I know.

If we applied the same principals elsewhere we would sanction any billionaire who supported or donated to parties who approved the invasion/bombing of let’s say Iraq.  Inventing a very spurious reason to proceed with an already decided upon invasion shouldn’t be a get out.

Or how about sanctioning Saudi oil oligarchs for bombing Yemen.

Why limit it invasions we don’t like or don’t suit us?

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I thought it was like freezing an asset, that being Chelsea and nothing moving in either direction. Could be wrong, no sure I want to get right in about it the now, Rangers playing tonight the main focus.

From what i read he couldn’t sell if making any money from it but did he not pre-empt this by stating that any money made from sale would be going to people affected in Ukraine?

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

From what i read he couldn’t sell if making any money from it but did he not pre-empt this by stating that any money made from sale would be going to people affected in Ukraine?

Yeah. 'Roman Abramovich confirms he is selling Chelsea – donating net proceeds to victims of war in Ukraine. Roman Abramovich has put Chelsea up for sale, while astonishingly confirming that he will not ask for his £1.5 billion loan to the club to be repaid and will donate all net proceeds to the victims of the war in Ukraine.'

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Yeah. 'Roman Abramovich confirms he is selling Chelsea – donating net proceeds to victims of war in Ukraine. Roman Abramovich has put Chelsea up for sale, while astonishingly confirming that he will not ask for his £1.5 billion loan to the club to be repaid and will donate all net proceeds to the victims of the war in Ukraine.'

To my reading now any takeover must be basically rubber stamped by the treasury.

Biggest issue is keeping all sponsors on board in meantime.

either Roman sells and loses out on billions or he lets them run out of money and they go into administration. Don't see why he would sell if he's nothing to gain from it. More likely he will hold onto them out of spite or in hopes of full control again.

well, there is a review in May. don't give a shit about Chelsea but if we see an EPL team go into admin that's crazy.

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

In my opinion it would be the fairer thing to do as it's the majority. 

I know that you'll argue the opposite because that's what you do, so probably best left there.

Is it the majority? Who knows. Certainly not seen any big protests from Chelsea fans demanding he sell up. Still great fun watching such a shitty club potentially go down the tubes.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Still great fun watching such a shitty club potentially go down the tubes.

:fishing:just to check are you talking about the current European and Club World champions ran by the best club director in European football apparently, just to check its that shitty club.:lol: Bit of perspective, I don't think as a Rangers fan myself, I'd be in much of a position to laugh at any club 'going down the tubes.' to be honest whether that be Bury, Derby or anyone for the matter. 

Just now, CR3 said:

:fishing:just to check are you talking about the current European and Club World champions ran by the best club director in European football apparently, just to check its that shitty club.:lol: Bit of perspective, I don't think as a Rangers fan myself, I'd be in a much of a position to laugh at any club 'going down the tubes.' to be honest whether that be Bury, Derby or anyone for the matter. 

Also the same club who covered for nonces abusing kids. Fuck chelsea and their fans

21 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Stupid question but is there any chance of Chelsea going bust because of this?

Probably not anytime soon but it will cost them millions. They only have 28000 season ticket holders out of the 41000 capacity and can’t sell more tickets so that’s a lot of money lost every game.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Stupid question but is there any chance of Chelsea going bust because of this?

Whoever buys them will surely be operating a more business mind structure than the one that's in place now. Can't have a £1bn+ loan floating about with many potential owners.

Lots of them on reddit and Twitter claiming how unfair this is and how its not the clubs and the players fault

Same folk who were perfectly happy going along with it when it brought them success now desperately trying to detach from it now its harming them.

Just a diddy Club with gloryhunting fans, most of whom will jump ship when they're back to being an average club.

14 minutes ago, Willis said:

Apparently they're not allowed to spend more than 20k for away game travel. Kinda fucks them in the CL by the looks of it.

How much is a megabus to Lille?

It always used to say Europe from €1 euro when we saw them coming through the port but when you tried to book the cheap fares were never available 

18 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

It always used to say Europe from €1 euro when we saw them coming through the port but when you tried to book the cheap fares were never available 

I did an overnight megabus from Leeds to Glasgow after a gig once. We never knew that Eminem was playing in London that night too, bus was a fucking riot man, never again 😅