English Football

Clemdog

Commentator is funny too 'even the best can make a mistake'. He makes mistakes every game and has done so for years.

You could argue has he ever been great? Even if he has he's not been great for years! 

It's the old classic do well once for a short period and it stays with you forever.

People think that making great save after great save is the sign of a great keeper. It isn't, it is making a great save after having fuck all to do for 80 minutes. That is where Goram and Schmeichel came into their own.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Come on there was 3 years at least that DDG regularly made world class saves and without him United would have been mid table.

Last two years hes produced far too many errors, but still games he saves them like Palace on Thursday. 

Ederson and Allison make errors, not just 1 or 2 either but dont get criticism. Both would be more suspect playing for United.

I think most keepers and defenders are just a bit shit tbh these days. It's actually quite scary how bad some at the top teams are. Even when DDG makes world class saves he just always seems to have mistakes in him (like most keepers in fairness). He's capable of world class saves, and games but overall at Man U, his start was a bombscare (which is fine, he was young, huge club etc), he then done well, and now he's a bit shit again. 

Even Ederson. He is probably the best but people are just a little blinded by how good he is with the ball at his feet. I don't think he's unbelievable or anything.  In fairness the defenders are far worse than the keepers so they are probably more prone to errors as the defenders are so bad.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Tbf De Gea probably still in the top 20 keepers in the world. He seems to struggle for concentration. 

Probably would have been better for everyone if he’d gone to Madrid back when it was first touted.

Man Utd were getting Keylor Navas as part of that deal as well 

I see Joe Hart trending. Did Joe Hart even make the amount of errors DDG has made over the last few years?

Most people will just dismiss the comparison as complete lunacy but how many mistakes do you have to make over a few year period before you lose the tag of being a great player/keeper. It's all very well having ability but he clearly lacks concentration and continues to make mistakes at important times. He's a massive liability. Probs best for him and Man U if he moved on.

Like I said a few weeks ago, Man Utd are still a few signings away from being ready to even think about a title challenge but even with them I still think the single biggest issue they have is in the dugout. Solskjaer is not a good manager and he never will be. It’s the obvious suggestion but imagine what Pochettino could do with some of these players?  Working with and developing “younger players” was his single biggest strength at Spurs.