English Football

Clemdog

14 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Despite a poor start to the season City suddenly look strong contenders and they have basically done it without a number 9, and not being brilliant overall.

They look pretty ominous. Still a long way to go though obviously.

Sign a striker and they're right in with a chance.

Their defensive solidity has been massively underplayed since Dias came in. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Lampard's stubbornness in not playing Havertz is costing him.

Is Billy Gilmour cup-tied in Europe? If not, bring him here for five months. Sitting on the bench at Chelsea is doing him no good.

He’s not playing him because he’s got long covid effects and can’t get up to full fitness due to it. 

15 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

How bad are Chelsea....Man U are fucking ordinary and are joint top....speaks volumes at where the league is at these days

Just shows how good Bruno Fernandes is IMO. He’s dragged them into a title challenge almost single handedly.

31 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Have to grudgingly admit he has turned into some player down there. This range of passing is ridiculous.

I’m not seeing it yet with him mate. He can get into a Chelsea team full of stars, but can’t get into the Scotland team if he’s so good? I know he wanted to leave Rangers, but maybe he went a year or 2 too early. He might’ve been a starter for us now. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’m not seeing it yet with him mate. He can get into a Chelsea team full of stars, but can’t get into the Scotland team if he’s so good? I know he wanted to leave Rangers, but maybe he went a year or 2 too early. He might’ve been a starter for us now. 

See it everytime he plays for them. Definitely going to be world class in a couple years. As for playing for the national team he should just focus on his club career, international football is a joke. From what I seen at the time he moved for a much better life for himself and his family, who have been set up for life now. And let's be honest, Chelsea have a far better youth system than we could ever have for his age at the time. Could he have been a started for us now? Possibly but he wouldn't have developed into the player he is now under our youth system. Also playing up here against hatchet men week in week out wouldn't be great for him especially with his frame. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

See it everytime he plays for them. Definitely going to be world class in a couple years. As for playing for the national team he should just focus on his club career, international football is a joke. From what I seen at the time he moved for a much better life for himself and his family, who have been set up for life now. And let's be honest, Chelsea have a far better youth system than we could ever have for his age at the time. Could he have been a started for us now? Possibly but he wouldn't have developed into the player he is now under our youth system. Also playing up here against hatchet men week in week out wouldn't be great for him especially with his frame. 

Let’s see where he is in a year or 2. Right now jury is out for me.