English Football

Clemdog

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

18pts dropped for Liverpool before the halfway stage.....last season if memory serves me right they had only dropped 2points up until the halfway stage

Yeah its no that easy to accumulate 198 points in two seasons back to back. Always going to have a dip. 

Maybe Klopp is a fraud...?? 

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Fkn Southampton manager on his knees and in tears because he got 3 points. Fkn pathetic excuse of a man and that’s the sort of shit we get against us as everything is about stopping us. ps I’m not a Liverpool fan but that is everything that is wrong with football.

Bit over the top but its not about only stopping Liverpool. Southampton are now only four points off the top. It's a massive result for them.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Bit over the top but its not about only stopping Liverpool. Southampton are now only four points off the top. It's a massive result for them.

Plus the guy was absolutely ridiculed and expected to lose his job for months after Leicester pumped then 9-0.

He’s done well to come back from that, but I think he’s going to be a quality manager tbh. Destined for bigger things than Southampton IMO.

22 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Big Ralph seems like a sound guy. Some turnaround from that Leicester game.

Southampton have a knack of producing or signing good players too. That wee Diallo looked good.

Fair play to the Southampton board for keeping faith with the guy as well , would have been easy to ditch him after the Leicester result .

I hope Ross Wilson has kept his contact book from his time there .

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Plus the guy was absolutely ridiculed and expected to lose his job for months after Leicester pumped then 9-0.

He’s done well to come back from that, but I think he’s going to be a quality manager tbh. Destined for bigger things than Southampton IMO.

Yep. Got Ingolstadt promoted and survived in the Bundesliga. Got Leipzig promoted and finished 2nd first season up. Think he's a quality Manager. 

been saying it for a while , liverpool and man city have peaked with their teams and need a rebuild in the next year or two max.

i think also liverpool are tiring. they have played alot of football the past 3 years and its been mostly the same team every week. and their strikers aint exactly young anymore.

will only take 1 team going on a decent run to win the league down there.

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

been saying it for a while , liverpool and man city have peaked with their teams and need a rebuild in the next year or two max.

i think also liverpool are tiring. they have played alot of football the past 3 years and its been mostly the same team every week. and their strikers aint exactly young anymore.

will only take 1 team going on a decent run to win the league down there.

Spot on.  Key injuries and the exhaustion of playing flat out week in week out are taking their toll.  For the neutral it is certainly an interesting season and it will go to the wire with half a dozen teams having a shout up to April.