***UEFA Champions League 16/17***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, A.T.G said:

I wouldn't write off Arsenal just yet, by all accounts, Arsenal are better than last year and Bayern aren't 

Still a tough game right enough

If they can get through this then they are in with a shout

Nah I will.

Arsenal are winning fuck all.

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

You never know, the rest of the premier league teams apart from Chelsea aren't doing too great

I will hold judgement

Arsenal have done the same every year for what seems a lifetime now.

They get to this stage in the CL and they fall to bits...same domestically.

It's in their DNA.

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Boring as fuck with the same teams playing each other and will only get worse! ??

When you go through European leagues & see teams who have been successful in Europe its sad to think they'll never have a sniff again. St Etienne, Villa, Gladbach, Ajax, Red Star etc 

15 hours ago, MaestroNiko said:

Champions league is pish, bring the European Cup back, would give teams a fair chance and there would be a lot of upsets

No-one in a position of authority or business wants that, clubs I'd imagine don't even want that, they'd much prefer their guaranteed 3 home games with their monumental slice of the pie.

19 hours ago, MaestroNiko said:

Champions league is pish, bring the European Cup back, would give teams a fair chance and there would be a lot of upsets

You couldn't do that now with the size of the clubs.

If you had the old European cup format you'd have say Barcelona Juventus Bayern Munich and Chelsea plus other winners from across Europe.

The problem with that is the Europa League would be better viewing than the European Cup.

Real Madrid Atletico Man Utd Man City Arsenal Dortmund Roma Inter etc. Clubs are too big and wealthy now the old format wouldn't work.

Why not rotate the format yearly between group stages and a straight knockout draw?

It needs shaken up because just about every cunt is fed up with Barca, Real, Bayern plus one other in the semis, which is what it seems like every year.

• 2 months later...