McCoist's best signing? (Lee Wallace excluded)

Gaz52

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Didnt Warburton get the praise when we signed Jordan Thompson & Tom Lang and were looking at Matt Knox?

Couldn't tell you if he did or not I wasn't posting much the forum over the last year or so, but when players are signed to go into the youth system rather than straight into the first team I doubt the first team manager often has much influence and McKay didn't come into the first team set up till about a year later when we were struggling for numbers

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I'd fucking love goian right now!! Nout debatable about that.

He was as much of a bombscare as Kiernan was.

They actually had similar Rangers careers in the sense that they both started off well but gradulally got worse the more they played.

Just now, DBBTB said:

He was as much of a bombscare as Kiernan was.

They actually had similar Rangers careers in the sense that they both started off well but gradulally got worse the more they played.

Goian was head and shoulders above the player Kiernan will ever be. His flaw was switching off but on his game he was dominant and as well as being a good defender was also a threat at the other end.

Wish we could muster a signing like him. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Didnt Warburton get the praise when we signed Jordan Thompson & Tom Lang and were looking at Matt Knox?

MW signed Jordan Thompson from Man U when he was released by them after 4 years with their Academy, similar to the Rossiter situation.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Goian was head and shoulders above the player Kiernan will ever be. His flaw was switching off but on his game he was dominant and as well as being a good defender was also a threat at the other end.

Wish we could muster a signing like him. 

I remember people made up this "facts" thing about him, like he could beat Murray and Djokovic in a 2 v 1 tennis match using a plastic spoon.

Was daft but a cheap laugh. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I'd fucking love goian right now!! Nout debatable about that.

Sorry mate but Goian was one of the poorest centre backs we've had in the years between the Holmes/Souness revolution andadmin . He was a penalty waiting to happen every time we defended a set piece . The thought of him  at the heart of our defence gives me a flashback to the nightmare pairing of Papac and Hemdani in the league cup under PLG :anguish: 

3 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Sorry mate but Goian was one of the poorest centre backs we've had in the years between the Holmes/Souness revolution andadmin . He was a penalty waiting to happen every time we defended a set piece . The thought of him  at the heart of our defence gives me a flashback to the nightmare pairing of Papac and Hemdani in the league cup under PLG :anguish: 

One opinion against another, that's why we debate. 

I liked big goian. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I remember people made up this "facts" thing about him, like he could beat Murray and Djokovic in a 2 v 1 tennis match using a plastic spoon.

I'm going find that. Was funny as fuck. 

Remember one about Chuck Norris.

11 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

There is a 12 pager on here.

Funny as fuck:

Dorin Goian can do wheelies on a unicycle

When Greame Alexander Bell invented the telephone he had 3 missed calls from Dorin Goian. ??????

I think Aluko, then Miller (but really it's Wallace)

I think people forget just how good Aluko was for us in the short time he was here, single-handedly won us some games that season. Might be because people remember only the contract situation, even though he was out of contract anyway...

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

MW signed Jordan Thompson from Man U when he was released by them after 4 years with their Academy, similar to the Rossiter situation.

McCoist signed McKay after he was released by them after several years in their "academy".

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

We're just lucky Warburton kept all his old Watford DVDs

Now that I think about we've now signed as many ex-Watford players who worked with MW (Hodson, Forrester & Kiernan) and ex-QPR teammates (Niko, Barton & Hill) as McCoist did players who had previously played for Rangers (Smith, Boyd & Miller)

naw, were just lucky warburton can organise a fucking team,