You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/could-8203-bristol-city-star-jonathan-kodjia-be-replaced-by-rangers-striker-martyn-waghorn/story-29666575-detail/story.html

Martyn Waghorn lined up as potential new Bristol City signing following Jonathan Kodjia's exit

By The Bristol Post  |  Posted: August 30, 2016

Bristol City star Jonathan Kodjia could be replaced by Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn following Jonathan Kodjia's sale to Aston Villa.

Kodjia, a 26-year-old Ivory Coast international, was signed by Villa on Tuesday afternoon and pens a four-year deal.

The Daily Mail, the Scotman etc etc are also all running with the story.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/could-8203-bristol-city-star-jonathan-kodjia-be-replaced-by-rangers-striker-martyn-waghorn/story-29666575-detail/story.html

Martyn Waghorn lined up as potential new Bristol City signing following Jonathan Kodjia's exit

The Daily Mail, the Scotman etc etc are also all running with the story.

All on the back of that fake twitter account and it's 'exclusive' yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

All on the back of that fake twitter account and it's 'exclusive' yesterday.

Let's get real here, it might be true, it might not be, but it's hardly unsurprising that other clubs are interested and some need to wake up to the fact that we are not exactly flush with cash that would enable us to turn down any serious offers and will never be under this board and it's got fuck all to do with the mad plastic or any other loon ball blogger. We are where we are and we are not immune to other clubs having an interest in some of our better players.

It's like the Cartoon channel in here at times, all dummies and prams. I mean, who the fuck would even go and read the mad plastic's blog in the first place ffs?!

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Let's get real here, it might be true, it might not be, but it's hardly unsurprising that other clubs are interested and some need to wake up to the fact that we are not exactly flush with cash that would enable us to turn down any serious offers and will never be under this board and it's got fuck all to do with the mad plastic or any other loon ball blogger. We are where we are and we are not immune to other clubs having an interest in some of our better players.

It's like the Cartoon channel in here at times, all dummies and prams. I mean, who the fuck would even go and read the mad plastic's blog in the first place ffs?!

I'm in complete agreement with everything you say. The board would probably let him go for 2 million and think it was good business against what he cost.

...but people and the media jumping on that fake twitter account, when a look on Waghorns account showed him to be in another fucking country at the time of his supposed medical need to give themselves a shake.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Let's get real here, it might be true, it might not be, but it's hardly unsurprising that other clubs are inteevernested and some need to wake up to the fact that we are not exactly flush with cash that would enable us to turn down any serious offers and will never be under this board and it's got fuck all to do with the mad plastic or any other loon ball blogger. We are where we are and we are not immune to other clubs having an interest in some of our better players.

So we buy a player at 250k and some team are willing to offer 1.25m, I would say that was a great bit of business by the board. Every player IN every club In the world are for sale Its not just us, looks like Man City who have loads od cash would even sell for the right price. Your right about anyone reading anything about phil3names.

5 minutes ago, piperpete said:

So we buy a player at 250k and some team are willing to offer 1.25m, I would say that was a great bit of business by the board. Every player IN every club In the world are for sale Its not just us, looks like Man City who have loads od cash would even sell for the right price. Your right about anyone reading anything about phil3names.

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

I don't know if you are being serious, but going on that logic we got Prso for free and sell him for next to nothing - do we say that's a good deal because me made a profit? it's about a players worth to you, on form in the here and now. Waghorn is worth more than 1.25 million. I'd say 5 is a fair value for him.

We can't use the prices down south to defend the lack of spending which I've seen people do on here and then punt (IMO) our best player for less than 5 million. That's taking the negative from both sides of the coin - can't buy a replacement because they're too dear but sell the player on the cheap too. It's something Rangers would do right enough and it can't happen anymore.

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't know if you are being serious, but going on that logic we got Prso for free awsd sell him for next to nothing - do we say that's a good deal because me made a profit? it's about a players worth to you, on form in the here and now. Waghorn is worth more than 1.25 million. I'd say 5 is a fair value for him.

We can't use the prices down south to defend the lack of spending which I've seen people do on here and then punt (IMO) our best player for less than 5 million. That's taking the negative from both sides of the coin - can't buy a replacement because they're too dear but sell the player on the cheap too. It's something Rangers would do right enough and it can't happen anymore.

Im not disagreeing with your post, I was just using the figures that were quoted nothing else, of course Waghorn IS worth more than 1.25 but these were not my figures. I like you wouldnt sell for under 5m . When you see what clubs are paying for very average players elswhere a few of ours ar worth over 5m.

Im not disagreeing with your post, I was just using the figures that were quoted nothing else, of course Waghorn IS worth more than 1.25 but these were not my figures. I like you wouldnt sell for under 5m . When you see what clubs are paying for very average players elswhere a few of ours ar worth over 5m.

12 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I have been supportive of King but if we don't get a decent centre half in before the window closes we have a problem with him because we will struggle to pick up enough points with what we have 

If Sanderos IS decent In your eyes you dont have a problem with King.

If Sanderos IS decent In your eyes you dont have a problem with King.

If he's so decent why did it take so long to sign him? Obviously all the other targets fell by the way side leaving him as the only show in town.

I will support him but there is a big lack of ambition from king 

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

If he's so decent why did it take so long to sign him? Obviously all the other targets fell by inhe way side leaving him as the only show in town.

The guy wants a final pay off and quite rightly waited until the last day as he was on a win win. The fact we never had someone IN before the first game was my worry.

Looks like we will need to wait until the jan window until he puts his hands in his pockets (dont bet on it) unless he has something up his sleeve with under 6 hours until the window is closed.Got to be honest we are playing for 2nd place which i think is shocking in my eyes king has duped a hell of alot of fans  

16 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

If he's so decent why did it take so long to sign him? Obviously all the other targets fell by the way side leaving him as the only show in town.

This was never about us, it was always about him.

Where are his erse rimmers now?

49 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Now the window is shut I feel a lot more confident than I did. Also I think it shows the tarriers don't have as much money as their mhanky fans would like us to believe.

Nonsense, you can't feel confident, despite strengthening in every area, I've lost track of the number of new faces, big wages, 7 figure fees etc, King has to called a cunt.

Confident, behave yourself :belm:

6 hours ago, B1872 said:

Now the window is shut I feel a lot more confident than I did. Also I think it shows the tarriers don't have as much money as their mhanky fans would like us to believe.

Only septic could get a 30 million quid windfall and still take in more than they spent ... the biscuit tin is bigger but still a biscuit tin  :7326: