• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

£1.50 for my 1981 ticket for the same fixture. Sheesh!

Was just going to say something similar, when I started going to away games back in the mid 80's it was £ 2..50 a pop for the piggery and £1 on the supporters bus :lol:  think that  would have been a child ticket though with adults £4.   Fucking mental the prices now.  

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was just going to say something similar, when I started going to away games back in the mid 80's it was £ 2..50 a pop for the piggery and £1 on the supporters bus :lol:  think that  would have been a child ticket though with adults £4.   Fucking mental the prices now.  

I asked an online inflation calculator what £1.50 in 1981 is today and it came out at £5.18!

Somebody is getting royally ripped off.

1 hour ago, M0NTY said:

Wonder if it was us in their position would the board be giving us a trio of matches for £99 or ripping us off £50 a ticket? I think i know what i would put my money on. 

Actually the last time we were in the champions league the 3 game package was around £80-£90 iirc. 

I think you shouldn't bother putting your money on anything :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TheQueensEleven said:

I can't remember paying £49 for a league game up here.

It's been 5 years since the last Old Firm games in the league.  They were priced about £44 then, and they're £49 now.  Isn't that extra fiver just inflation?

I mind the first time me and my brother got a CL package, I was around 11-12 I think, my parents got us them, was like Christmas. Man Utd, Stuttgart and Panathinaikos. The Stuttgart game were Nerlinger and Lovenkrands scored was unreal, I'd never been in an atmosphere like it :praise: 

1 hour ago, cumnockbear said:

It's Rangers what do you expect ? it was always going to happen.

They were £40 in 2011, that's an increase of 3x the rate of inflation roughly. I wasn't going to many games at all back at that time for work reasons which is probably why I don't remember paying anything silly for league games because before that I'd have been going in as a child.

Just now, TheQueensEleven said:

They were £40 in 2011, that's an increase of 3x the rate of inflation roughly. I wasn't going to many games at all back at that time for work reasons which is probably why I don't remember paying anything silly for league games because before that I'd have been going in as a child.

£42 in 2012, if you go to the piggery as a child you still pay full adult price they don't do child tickets.