Will it ever calm down?

It's an infinitely complex issue. When first i read it my first thought was 'of course it will eventually,' but with a little more thought it's clear to me that it never will or never has went away entirely before - just recedes, soothes a little for a while. Look at the singing thing for example, I've seen countless tims, journalists or even just fans of other clubs saying that we were making progress pre-2012 but now are even more bigoted than ever. To me all this highlights is perception of our club and thus hatred of it will intensify, boil over periodically. The rest of Scottish football think that we cheated them all, we know that we were victims of a crime -  that breeds defiance on both sides, and defiance will always bring it to a boiling point. 

For me, they can say what they want about corporate identities, sevco, no old firm etc. I honestly couldn't care less. The way every possible party has gone after our supporters, dehumanised our support to the point where it is point blank denied that our staff and players were attacked - where there's photographic evidence that my search engine found in exactly 0.47 seconds with a search 'Lee Wallace cup final' - and even turned it against us because fewer than 50 (from my memory) Rangers supporters went on the pitch after seeing this with their own eyes ? That I can't and won't forgive. 

The fact of it is the hatred has always been there, under the surface at least. Scottish society has been changing ever since the late 80s in ways that were always going to be to the detriment of loyalists - and so 2012 gave them the chance they waited 120 years for and we didn't have a friend to count on. Celtic and their supporters smelled blood, and swarmed us like the rabid dogs they are , factor in the mind blowing continuation of 'dignified silence' on our end and it's no surprise within days they had the rest of the country beating to their drum. 

As for the future, I dont know. Scotland will be on Red Alert when we win 55 though, I'm just going to watch the fireworks when that day comes. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing will change. let them hate us. as long as we stick together, the club stays strong, and we keep winning titles then i don't care what they say or think about us. when you are the most successful club in your country this is the kind of stuff you need to up with from lesser clubs.

1 minute ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

So ironic,on a thread called "will it ever calm down" we have a tarrier appear and accuse us of kiddy fiddling ?? It would be funny if they weren't so fucking brainwashed.Must be great to spend all day trolling Rangers until the cheque centre opens 

?they're unbelievable. There can't be another club in world football so consumed by their rivals. They truly are "a club like no other" 

No one likes us...was written for a reason, it's not a new thing.

It was just a bit of a surprise to see the level of hatred of some 'fans', especially in online media. The views online are always a bit more extreme...in real life these people are generally shitebags and would never dream of saying the sort of stuff to peoples faces that they post online.

It will get worse before it gets better.

They threaten our way of life and our very existence. Their hatred is obvious. They are born to it and in these times with the political climate, it's life their life's work is almost achieved, but we live on and they are even more rhabid as a consequence

To get it better we will need to make a stand. No more dignified silence. No more appeasement. On the attack on every front, politically, footballing wise, mhedia wise and plod wise. The club needs to lead to make decent inroads, but we as individuals and supporter groups who could be a good weapon, if they can take their minds off trough guzzling and intimidating their own for a minute, all have a part to play.

IMHO, we are just too soft and it won't be until we lose our jobs to them and their migrant cousins that we might just awaken. It's all happening before our eyes, Some have suffered, some in denial, but the majority not directly affected. YET!

16 minutes ago, one55 said:

nothing will change. let them hate us. as long as we stick together, the club stays strong, and we keep winning titles then i don't care what they say or think about us. when you are the most successful club in your country this is the kind of stuff you need to up with from lesser clubs.

If it were only about the club! They are undermining our entire way of life, to good effect in conjunction with SNPIRA. 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The only point I disagree on Wully is about them spending giro money. It's not.

They have infiltrated and now dominate so many key institutional positions it's entirely to our detriment. They work hard at it and have played a blinder. 

Media. Councils. Government. Police. Law. Football authority. All either bheast run or bheast sympathetic. 

The influence they hold despite their lesser population percentage is no fluke. In a disgusting way it's impressive.

But then when we have our own who oppose monarchy protestantism unionism etc and hope for us to become a Republic then we to an extent deserve what we get.

Unfortunately My late mother saw this coming in the fifties but no one would  listen to her. 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The only point I disagree on Wully is about them spending giro money. It's not.

They have infiltrated and now dominate so many key institutional positions it's entirely to our detriment. They work hard at it and have played a blinder. 

Media. Councils. Government. Police. Law. Football authority. All either bheast run or bheast sympathetic. 

The influence they hold despite their lesser population percentage is no fluke. In a disgusting way it's impressive.

But then when we have our own who oppose monarchy protestantism unionism etc and hope for us to become a Republic then we to an extent deserve what we get.

Post of the month Sporting.

It's also called nepotism and in government buildings ,it's illegal and corrupt

2 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I don't hate other teams. I see them at best as inconsequential other than when we are playing them.

So why do I here the pish coming from others in the pub, on the bus, etc.? No reason for it, unless they simply have a hate-filled existence?

tumblr_lf4nd3MYAL1qdjspy.gif

5 hours ago, Stranraer No7 said:

No one likes us we don't care......

This chest thumping wee saying doesn't count when there's ongoing campaigns to kill you, undermine everything you do and engage in illegal activity against you 

that's more than football rivalry it's irrational, obsessional hatred 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

It will get worse before it gets better.

They threaten our way of life and our very existence. Their hatred is obvious. They are born to it and in these times with the political climate, it's life their life's work is almost achieved, but we live on and they are even more rhabid as a consequence

To get it better we will need to make a stand. No more dignified silence. No more appeasement. On the attack on every front, politically, footballing wise, mhedia wise and plod wise. The club needs to lead to make decent inroads, but we as individuals and supporter groups who could be a good weapon, if they can take their minds off trough guzzling and intimidating their own for a minute, all have a part to play.

IMHO, we are just too soft and it won't be until we lose our jobs to them and their migrant cousins that we might just awaken. It's all happening before our eyes, Some have suffered, some in denial, but the majority not directly affected. YET!

On a side note, have the board ever come out with a further comment on the cup final punishments? 

It won't calm down because they don't want it to calm down.

They are at their happiest feeling victimised about something, anything that gives them some imagined reason for pointing the finger at us whether it be perceived signing policies, songs, our strips - it's in their DNA to feel sorry for themselves and blame someone or something bigger, better and more successful for their own inadequancies. 

What has changed in the past four years is that the other clubs are now hanging on to their coat tails with all the Sevco pish, the only problem we really had before was with the sheep and their delusion that they were our "rivals".  The difference  being with them it's just jealousy pure and simple whereas with the tarriers it runs a lot deeper.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If it were only about the club! They are undermining our entire way of life, to good effect in conjunction with SNPIRA. 

Totally agree on this, they are creeping into management positions in all sorts of industries, including my own. The number of them in these positions is totally out of proportion to their percentage of the population.  This is a very worrying trend.

6 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

It'll calm down, it'll probably take a couple of Seasons but what we have to remember while we've heard the same old crap time after time and have moved on from it as we moved up through the leagues all these fans of the diddies hadn't had their kick yet...same with the Premiership, apart from a handful of Cup games these fans haven't had their kick yet, give it this Season and likely next and it'll die a death

Sadly, it will not. The wolves have smelled weakness and have seen that very little has been done to those intent on harming  us.

Those in positions of power in Scottish football have shown that they will accept less equitable conditions applied to our club, and this has emboldened even those of minor status if Scottish football to believe that abuse of our club and support will be dealt with extremely leniently by Scottish footbal authorities, Police Scotland and the Scottish press. Our status in Scotland has been seriously diminished in recent years for various reasons, some of which I list above.