Is there anyone that can't handle the match?

GOAT

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I'm usually ok although I turned my back at the Hartson penalty League Cup final 2003 and waiting for the crowd reaction.

Actually turned my back for the Hibs corner in the SCF last year - think everybody in our end knew what was coming :disappointment:

I nipped for a pish expecting extra time , got to the top of the stairs , heard the hibs  fans cheering getting their corner and turned round and just knew what to expect . Also same thing happened at the ramsden final under McCoist , went for a pish expecting penalties and just as a I got to the bottom of the stairs , looked up and seen them score . 

Am holding in ma pishes tomorrow 

My father-in-law is (was) hyper whenever any Rangers game was on the Tv or radio. Listening to the radio was the worst. He would be a nervous wreck and disappear out the house during various times. Marching around the block and up Gardner street before coming back in to see what the result was. Listen a bit more then disappear again, and repeat until the game was over.

He still follow follows, but Alzheimers is taking its grip day by day and he doesn't have the same focus any more, but still a great bear.

14 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This will be my first itme in the Rangers end at Parkhead.  I'm expecting pure hatred and venom.  Should be one helluva game.

How? Do you usually sit in the tarrier end at parkhead old firm games 

Admin keep an eye on this one

Go for a walk down the shore, usually covers the first half, then start checking the score and usually end up back watching the second half unless.

definately an age thing, the older you get the less you can handle the strain.

I dont know if this makes any sense but I will give it a bash at trying to explain .

One thing I remember is when at school even when they were were the better team than us like mcleish's last season or under le guen I always thought that we were beating them , the thought of Celtic beating rangers was something I never even considered until it actually happened . No matter how likely it was . I think I miss having that arrogance and bravado but it certainly made the defeats harder to take when they came our way. obviously a bit more grown up and mature now so I accept that bad days at the office happen and they are still as painfull  and the last 4 years have certainly made me aware of that after some of the horror shows . Like April I approached with a mixture of fear and excitement and I think ultimately it made the winning far more special , just like the 3-2 game to stop the winning the league at ibrox 

I hate their bigotry. I'd shut them and Hibs down and get rid of bigotry overnight.

The national anthem should be played before every match and if it is disrespected the game should be abandoned. If one or both sets of supporters show disrespect, their club should forfeit the match and 10 further points. Do it twice and it is 25. A third time and the club should be disssolved. And that should remain permently on record.

it's the feeling of deflation and complete hurt I feel if they score against us I can't handle.  but on the other hand when we score the elation I feel is out of this world especially if we go onto win the game. and if we lose I console myself with the thought at least I'm not one of those tarrier cunts. and there will be other games against them that we will win.

I'm the opposite, I can't take my eyes off it, need to watch every single move and kick of the ball

My Granny could never watch any Rangers game, got her too nervous, she used to go out and walk the dog or something if it was on in her house.

Funnily enough I was watching that Cristiano Ronaldo film on Netflix the other day and his Mum can't watch his games, she goes out walks and stuff :lol:

Must be a woman thing

My Mum's the biggest bigot in my house, "SEE THAT WEE FUCKING FENIAN BASTARD I'D LOVE TO STICK A BLADE RIGHT THROUGH HIM" when Scott Brown appeared on the tele once during an Old-Firm, was probably the highlight of my life. She's the loveliest and most placid woman you'll meet as well, it's mental how a football game can change personalities so drastically :lol: 

2 hours ago, weeto said:

I hate their bigotry. I'd shut them and Hibs down and get rid of bigotry overnight.

The national anthem should be played before every match and if it is disrespected the game should be abandoned. If one or both sets of supporters show disrespect, their club should forfeit the match and 10 further points. Do it twice and it is 25. A third time and the club should be disssolved. And that should remain permently on record.

What a laugh you'd be in charge of the SPFL.