Selection problem

The gaffer must be changing his mind constantly on what our starting eleven will be the morra, been a long time since our squad has been this strong and adaptable. Ye think how little sleep we get on the build up if this game MW must have a pile o scrumpled up paper next to his bed!! Great problem to have and makes a great change to look at whoever is on the bench n know that we have options there, intae these mhanky cyants!!! WATP 2-1Gers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Windass must start for me

mw said he is fit and ready for 90 mins

he will run the arses off them

If he's fit I'd start him.

Fod

Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace

Barton

Windass Halliday

MOH        Garner         McKay

Don't think they could live with our energy. Add in Miller, Forrester and Krancjar if we want to freshen things up. 

13 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Windass must start for me

mw said he is fit and ready for 90 mins

he will run the arses off them

Be one of those that looks like a master stroke if it pays off, but if he tanks, MW will look like a prat, pitching him in for a league debut at their place, having not played for a month.

High risk strategy for the manager.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If he's fit I'd start him.

Fod

Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace

Barton

Windass Halliday

MOH        Garner         McKay

Don't think they could live with our energy. Add in Miller, Forrester and Krancjar if we want to freshen things up. 

Harry Forrester has been our best player this season yet you don't even have him listed in this starting eleven.

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Harry Forrester has been our best player this season yet you don't even have him listed in this starting eleven.

Think he's a bit of a liability personally - should have been off against Dundee.

And I think he could only really fit in instead of MOH (who's pace should be really useful) or Windass who I think is a much better player.

All about opinions though! 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think he's a bit of a liability personally - should have been off against Dundee.

And I think he could only really fit in instead of MOH (who's pace should be really useful) or Windass who I think is a much better player.

All about opinions though! 

How can he only fit in instead of MOH?  He's been playing as a CAM and put some great performances in.  He could easily play ahead of Halliday who has been shite since the start of the season.

44 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

How can he only fit in instead of MOH?  He's been playing as a CAM and put some great performances in.  He could easily play ahead of Halliday who has been shite since the start of the season.

I get your point about Haliday but he really impressed me in the last one. Was very composed throughout so id definitely start him. Bit gutted about Rossiter missing out but its crystal clear you can't play him & Barton together. In hindsight if we knew how good that kid was we wouldn't have even bothered signing Barton.

5 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

I get your point about Haliday but he really impressed me in the last one. Was very composed throughout so id definitely start him. Bit gutted about Rossiter missing out but its crystal clear you can't play him & Barton together. In hindsight if we knew how good that kid was we wouldn't have even bothered signing Barton.

I don't think there was ever any doubt about Rossiter's quality considering Liverpool valued him at £8 million.

Seen more than a few dropping Forrester for this on here. Absolute madness, he's been our only competent player this season along with Tav. 

What are we basing Windass must play on? He's played what 2 and a half league cup games? Not to mention coming off an injury.