End the 4-3-3 immediately

NorthUistBear

I would like to play the 4231 as I think it fits the players wee have.

For

Tav Wilson Phil  Wallace

Rossiter Barton

Waghorn forester mckay

Garner

Could play MOH wide right with waghorn through the middle but rossiter Barton would be a good combo as Rossiter has the legs and can chase 

If we had 3 decent cb's then playing wing backs would suit both Tav and probably Wallace. I agree though that Tav and MOH could possibly form a formidable partnership down the right.

We hardly have one decent C/B never mind three. Also Wallace isn't good enough in the oppositions box and the majority of tavs balls into the box haven't been that good either this season and certainly last season, We have enough midfielders, attackers and wide men with better attacking skills and finishing to do the job just like every other team in the SPL usually use, why are we fixated on attacking wing backs!.

The main reason we are all debating just about every aspect of the team is because it isn't working and the only reason it somewhat worked last season, we were playing crap teams with poor players, Warburton needs to wise up or ship out.

33 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

I agree weve always been a 4-4-2 team

tav is the right winger weve been needing for years, move him defo.

Bale started at RB did he not ?

Can see tav being a game winner everytime from a RM/RW position,we know he can cross,got a cracking shot and can go past players no worries 

and with hodson being wasted on the bench it makes total f*cking sense.

finger out mr warbuton and play the right players from the start 

2 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

If we had 3 decent cb's then playing wing backs would suit both Tav and probably Wallace. I agree though that Tav and MOH could possibly form a formidable partnership down the right.

We hardly have one decent C/B never mind three. Also Wallace isn't good enough in the oppositions box and the majority of tavs balls into the box haven't been that good either this season and certainly last season, We have enough midfielders, attackers and wide men with better attacking skills and finishing to do the job just like every other team in the SPL usually use, why are we fixated on attacking wing backs!.

The main reason we are all debating just about every aspect of the team is because it isn't working and the only reason it somewhat worked last season, we were playing crap teams with poor players, Warburton needs to wise up or ship out.

Can't agree more with this mate

I don't think for a minute it's the formation that was the problem,it was the players no having any balls and getting fucked right into these cunts! From the get go we showed them far too much respect.We made them look better than they are,which showed in the goal we scored how poor they are at the back.So to re-cap never mind what formation it's the fucking men wearing The Rangers strip that's the problem no where abouts they've been told to play!

9 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

I would like to play the 4231 as I think it fits the players wee have.

For

Tav Wilson Phil  Wallace

Rossiter Barton

Waghorn forester mckay

Garner

Could play MOH wide right with waghorn through the middle but rossiter Barton would be a good combo as Rossiter has the legs and can chase 

Would you get the best from Tavernier and Wallace in that system?  That system would mean that if those two went forward we would have four central players at the back; it doesn't suit us at all. Kranjcar shouldn't have been played today, but because Rossiter was out we had a dilemma about being too attacking, therefore the midfield needed numbers. I would have liked the mid three to be Rossiter, Barton, and Forrester/Windass.

I would prefer a 3-4-3 which is basically what we used to play with the centre-half playimg just in front of the full-backs and inside forwards playing just in front of the wing-halfs. To be successful though, you need two wingers who have the ability to hit the bye-line and either cross in fo a centre in the Jim Forrest, Kris Boyd, Ally McCoist mould or cut back to inside men making runs to the edge of the box and who are not afraid to shoot.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

4-3-3 is our formation troops why change. Get better players that's down to me king to finance it going forward.

Because we don't have the players for it. We play a high line but have no pace at the back, there is no movement in the final third which makes it easy for teams to defend, and since the start of this season we have an immobile midfield three who seem to be running in treacle and the game just passes them by. 

49 minutes ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Can see tav being a game winner everytime from a RM/RW position,we know he can cross,got a cracking shot and can go past players no worries 

spot on!

i think tav is wasted at rb!

Nothing wrong with the system but it will not work with lazy players,unfit players or players who lack pace and movement.

Our team of hungry rejects and youth last season bought into the pressing and high tempo passing game for the first half of the season until they imagined they were Barcelona class and started to swagger and stroll.

This season our new players with a couple of exceptions are not suited to the pace of our league and the pace and movement necessary, the problem of bringing in has beens and unfit players.

1 hour ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Said this last season

Just now, hammer93 said:

I'm no expert but we clearly played a 4-4-1-1

It looked something like that. McKay played much deeper, and there was absolutely nowhere to go for an outball at times. Garner played a lone role up front. I wanted O'Halloran to start today; did the manager acknowledge that pass from O'Halloran for Garner to score that goal against Linfield last week? It doesn't matter who the opposition was for that pass, it was top class, Garner and O Halloran will play well together, if given the chance. It's time for the manager to make brave decisions, there are some players who are clearly not good enough, and he has got to acknowledge that and act on it this season and next. Some of our players are more than good enough, but this team is carrying passengers this season and Warburton has got to address this, especially to the board. What was good enough last season doesn't matter now, we are in the top league now, and this is Rangers. We need this sorted.

2 hours ago, NorthUistBear said:

We have to drop tye 4-3-3 with immediate effect. It worked last season but this is a completely different kettle of fish! It's about time warburton tried something different. 4-4-2 with Hodson at RB and Tav at RM would be a start. Tav is not a defender full stop. 

Tav is the only one that can defend! 

well if he doesn't sort it he won't be here that's a fact. no way will we except defeat  in that fashion many more times he will need to learn that and fast. I hope to fuck I am wrong but I don't think he will but it's up to them all not just the management some of those players should hang their heads in shame with that pitiful performance today. I wonder how many of them feel tonight the way we all feel ? 

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I've got to say I think garner would suit being in a front two, his movement with Miller for his goal showed why it's good to have 2 strikers.

that means 4-4-2 if you still want width or a 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2 or 4-4-2 diamond.

A workmate is a Forest fan & a friend a Preston fan.

Both said Garner worked best as part of a pair.