The media eventually got to Warburton

Rambo1872

11 hours ago, M0NTY said:

On the bus on the way home we had the phone in on did anyone else hear it? They replayed the post match interview, after asking Warburton questions about Barton about 4 times he said anymore questions and he would be going, surprise surprise they asked again straight away and he fucked off out the room. 

After commenting and rightly so about the negative media in scotland they are after him and today they got what they wanted. Apparent that bad mouthing the media brings with it them turning on you. 

Why cant we just ban these cunts from Ibrox we dont need them there?

If they are fuckin him off he doesn't have to do these interviews , plenty managers before have blanked the pricks. Said it a few weeks ago , i can see him walking because he can't handle it when the going gets tough.

They are definitely out to get him at the minute. I know it's easy said but he needs to take a step back and regain his composure. They are trying to wind him up and atm he needs to stop taking the bait. 

He should do the interviews and give the absolute minimum information. The press will cut him up for it but so what. We start focusing on our self's and winning games that will shut them up 

Also the fans need to calm the fuck down. It's only 6 games in to our first season back in the top league. 

The Scottish sports media are total scum but I kind of sympathise with them here in that they would get slaughtered if they didn't ask questions on the headline grabbing story of the week.  

I've a mate that's a political journalist and he explained to me that it's a kind of game.  You ask enough acceptable questions and test the water with controversial aspects.  When you feel you've got all you're going to get, you ask to the point controversial questions and if the presser gets cut short you can say to people its my job to ask these questions.  

There are guys in Scotland that should be banned from our press conferences mind you which is a different matter!

13 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I hate to say it but I feel that the pressure is mounting on Warburton on a series of fronts;

Media seem to have turned on him and are targetting for a reaction.

The dressing room off the back of the Barton push can't be fully settled and that's not ideal.

Results are mounting against him and for all the chat of possession, movement, chances etc he will be judged by results above all else.

Lose to Aberdeen next week and it wouldn't surprise me to see him walk. 

Thats the only way this could end we cant afford to sack him he would have to walk out on us.

Watch a beggars Manager interview with the same media and it's a different line every single time .

They want to be friends with the maggots manager at every turn ,even with Ronnie D 

Watch any of MW and it's like wolves trying to noise him up and get a reaction most of the time 

Warburton usually seems assured and tolerant with the media and if he stays at Ibrox it seems to me that its his nature to continue to tolerate them and try to answer their questions as best he can.    He's a clever soul too.    Perhaps his decision to take himself elsewhere after repeated questions which he made clear he wasn't going to discuss further was as much tactical as it was a demonstration of being fed up with them.

They - the media hounds - may think they can continue to press his buttons and push a bit harder and more often to see if they can provoke a reaction.   But the initiative is always with Warburton.   Having told them no more and they refuse to accept it he can make the point again, and again, and take the same action until they get the message that he means it.    He can also just blank the question and invite another question and keep doing it until the journos get bored - they do seem to have short interest spans and if nothing new is happening they switch subjects.    He could elect to turn it into a bit of a game himself.  First out of line question and he's off.    The journo that puts it might get it in the neck from his fellow journos as the interview's a bogey if the main man has taken it out on the first journo to step out of line.  

What I'm really saying is having unfortunately got into this mire with Barton which the media have also jumped gleefully into then maybe a bit more hard edged discipline in these press conferences for a while might be useful - journos act unreasonably and step out of line / be disrespectful and the meeting is over immediately.      Doing a Barton and banishing the odd journo or 10 from time to time might be no bad thing either.    

Could have some divertingly lively press conferences coming up with Barton due back on Monday.  

I think our manager did the right thing and should take that stance with the media every single time. The media have no respect for our manager, If it's not done already I would have L5 in the background advising him on what questions to take and from whom. Then make notes about journalist who harass him and build a dossier to take to the NUJ.

MW is a professional football manager. The Scottish Press are paranoid amateurs.

One half of the equation focuses on improving every day whilst working under enormous pressure, the other embarrasses intelligent society every day whilst under no pressure. 

Welcome to Scotland. 

I heard the interview yesterday and was 100% behind Warburton''s actions but now with the benefit of hindsight surely it should have been the ignorant journalist who should have been removed or if to avoid a scene ignored and press pass removed. If someone misbehaves at YOUR house party then you don't go to your maws, you give them their coat ,take their drink and hopefully don't have to boot their arse on the way out. 

He was quite right to leave and overall this is a non-story. He told them what would happen and he stuck to his word.

But none of this would matter if we were winning games or at least turning in good performances. He needs to put the media side-show out his mind and concentrate totally on fixing the current problems with the team. I think he's too savvy to let this get under his skin but he needs to turn this team around fast else this season is going to be a write off.

Having said that though, would second place and maybe the Scottish Cup be good enough, even if we finished say 20 points behind them? Especially if some decent (hopefully young) defenders became available in December or on a pre-contract so we can at least see where we are going as a team?

Haven't seen the interview but if it is as being reported in this thread, it looks like another poor show from our PR dept.  Have seen similar instances by top clubs in England where there club's PR /press officer has clearly stated beforehand that particular subjects are not gong to be answered.  When they have been raised, the press officer intervenes and dismisses the question preventing the manager having to be put on spot.  Seems Rangers still have a lot to learn.

Having said the above, I'm sure MW will be quite capable of dealing with the media hacks unless the impatient 'must have success immediately' factions of our support start backing their bloodlust.

I don't see it as the media getting to Mark Warburton. If someone pushes you, you push back. He simply said he would not answer further questions about JB and when the next question followed the previous line he ended the Interview.

Give the man a break, he still has to deal with JB and in the full glare of the Scottish media circus. 

Don't agree with him walking out.  He has the intelligence to deal with them.  Something else perhaps -- lack of results?  Now knowing he's under pressure?  This is the biggest job he'll ever have  Perhaps last year was too easy.  We'll see how he gets on the next few weeks.  Certainly before xmas something has to change. Better results.. or he's gone.  Quite simple.  Well... everything is when your sat behind a keyboard I guess...

22 hours ago, M0NTY said:

On the bus on the way home we had the phone in on did anyone else hear it? They replayed the post match interview, after asking Warburton questions about Barton about 4 times he said anymore questions and he would be going, surprise surprise they asked again straight away and he fucked off out the room. 

After commenting and rightly so about the negative media in scotland they are after him and today they got what they wanted. Apparent that bad mouthing the media brings with it them turning on you. 

Why cant we just ban these cunts from Ibrox we dont need them there?

He's took the bait now they will be trying to reel him in . Stay strong MW this is only the beginning. Sons just told me mutton's slagged MW on BT sport today as well. WANKER.

Not surprised to be honest!   He's done well up to this point. I reckon he is less tolerable at the moment and the media is not the single contributory factor. 

The pressure of managing in Glasgow is stating to take its toll. Although there seems to be plenty fans jumping on the 'Rookie manager, out his depth' brigede. 

He will continue to receive support from me and I hope he turns it around. 

It's how we respond to failure not success that makes a person and legacy.