O'Halloran

Gaz52

26 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Never thought he would make the grade at Rangers, still don't . It's about effort and he is clearly not showing enough at training to warrant more game time, hence he is a sub who should come on and make an impact. He doesn't sadly.

BTW, what does making the grade at Rangers look like these days, because if past eras are to go by, not one of this bunch would get a job cleaning fucking boots!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly, neither do the starting eleven!

He's not doing enough at training is pish. Warburton is the problem, playing the same underperforming players week in week out and not that I blame them, because continually hearing do plan A better would depress any cunt. They'd be taking him away in a straight jacket and he'll still be fucking spouting it! The guy's cracking up!

Never knew you had all the answers and watched the training sessions, I stand corrected ?

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

BTW, what does making the grade at Rangers look like these days, because if past eras are to go by, not one of this bunch would get a job cleaning fucking boots!

That I agree on but that's a budget problem and everyone knows who's door that lies behind sadly

Just now, K.A.I said:

Are people still clamming for this guy to start? he's an imposter too to be honest.

I haven't seen enough of him to actually say if he is any good or not. He really needs a run of starting games to be able to judge. From the little I've seen he has something, but whether it turns out to be enough is another matter.

His confidence must be shot not getting a start in circumstances where he is watching absolute dross from the side lines and a manager shouting drivel in plan A better FFS!. If it was me, I wouldn't be happy and be giving it, fuck them and take the money! IMHO he has been treated very badly and at the end of the day, where we now are, has absolutely fuck all to do with him and IMHO MW has lost it together with the dressing room, not that anyone would notice!

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I haven't seen enough of him to actually say if he is any good or not. He really needs a run of starting games to be able to judge. From the little I've seen he has something, but whether it turns out to be enough is another matter.

His confidence must be shot not getting a start in circumstances where he is watching absolute dross from the side lines and a manager shouting drivel in plan A better FFS!. If it was me, I wouldn't be happy and be giving it, fuck them and take the money! IMHO he has been treated very badly and at the end of the day, where we now are, has absolutely fuck all to do with him and IMHO MW has lost it together with the dressing room, not that anyone would notice!

He's not been treated badly at all - IMO any time he plays he doesn't cement his place at all. He played well against East Stirling I think it was in the cup in July. That's it.

I think McKay needs dropped right enough but O'Halloran isn't the answer either IMO.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Are people still clamming for this guy to start? he's an imposter too to be honest.

Who cost us half a million and who hasn't had a start in the league this season, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of thinking he's brilliant because he's not playing like people do regularly with players not getting a game. But we have the squad that we have and can't change it till January the earliest, I think it would be worth giving him a try and see how it goes, he's maybe just not good enough but that again raises questions about our manager's recruitment it's clear that 500k is quite a bit of money for us to spend these days

Just now, simplythebest said:

Who cost us half a million and who hasn't had a start in the league this season, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of thinking he's brilliant because he's not playing like people do regularly with players not getting a game. But we have the squad that we have and can't change it till January the earliest, I think it would be worth giving him a try and see how it goes, he's maybe just not good enough but that again raises questions about our manager's recruitment it's clear that 500k is quite a bit of money for us to spend these days

You have to show something in the game time you do get - and he's not. Why the clamour to play him if he can't come on fresh for the last 20 minutes and do something, anything .... ?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You have to show something in the game time you do get - and he's not. Why the clamour to play him if he can't come on fresh for the last 20 minutes and do something, anything .... ?

Coming on as a sub when chasing a game (like we've been doing all season) isn't the easiest of circumstances and off the top of my head I can't think of any of our subs this season making much of an impact

As I say I don't see him as some sort of saviour waiting in the wings just that it would be worth giving him a shot McKay who he's likely replace isn't pulling up many trees, we need better in general but we can't get that till the next transfer window at least

Just now, simplythebest said:

Coming on as a sub when chasing a game (like we've been doing all season) isn't the easiest of circumstances and off the top of my head I can't think of any of our subs this season making much of an impact

As I say I don't see him as some sort of saviour waiting in the wings just that it would be worth giving him a shot McKay who he's likely replace isn't pulling up many trees, we need better in general but we can't get that till the next transfer window at least

If you are a decent player you should still make some sort of impact or impression - he hasn't. End of. I never thought he was any good when we signed him and he's done nothing to make me change my mind now.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you are a decent player you should still make some sort of impact or impression - he hasn't. End of. I never thought he was any good when we signed him and he's done nothing to make me change my mind now.

Fair play but our manager must have done to chase him for weeks and pay that money, if he believes he's made a mistake then we need to get rid asap to cut our losses and he'll need to be told in no uncertain terms he can't waste money like that. I know not every signing a manager makes will work out but our failures seem to be the most expensive at the moment going by Garner so far as well although still early days there

His main quality is his pace and he needs to run on to the ball to be of most benefit.  Unfortunately, teams tend to sit back against us meaning he is getting the ball with his back to goal or with little space to run into.

Think he could be a good option against them in the semi-final.  Hit a few early balls over the top for him to run on to could pay dividends.  If nothing else, their defence will have to sit a bit deeper to cover his pace.  Will make it more difficult for them to pressurise us without leave large gaps between their midfield and defence which Holt and Windass can hopefully  exploit.

Don't see the point in singling out a player whose only recent start was in a game we won 5-0 and he played a part in a some of the goals.

It's clear he should have started league games recently and hasn't. Warburton has his favorites that he doesn't want to drop. It was a mistake to drop Hill after Peterhead and a mistake to drop MOH after QOTS.

There are players who seem to be always getting a game based on their performances last season. I do rate McKay but on his current form he should have been dropped weeks ago. And he isn't the only one.

4 hours ago, Blackandra said:

There's a reason he never made it at Bolton and the St Johnston fans were happy to get rid. 

tbf he was there best player and in the running for player of the season in the premiership and after reading the st johnstone forums they were gutted to see him go

23 hours ago, Jmcdonald1990 said:

Give him some game time.  Think he'll do all right. 

Yes I agree until he gets a run of games I frankly can't see how anyone can judge the guy. If you look at St Johnstone they played on the break as they did against us and hey presto MOH looked a player. We don't play that way so the boy has no space to run into. So given a novice like me can see that why did we sign a guy who isn't suited to our managers chosen style of play? 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's not been treated badly at all - IMO any time he plays he doesn't cement his place at all. He played well against East Stirling I think it was in the cup in July. That's it.

I think McKay needs dropped right enough but O'Halloran isn't the answer either IMO.

I'm not saying MOH is the answer, but he needs a run of games and he can't be any worse that what's out there. McKay's like playing with two men down. Why I don't know, but I would suspect it's in part to do with the MW system.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

TBH, who the fuck would want to come on and play that system. The players look as they have absolutely no belief in it, more because they just can't play to it and it's badly showing.  It's more like every player on the park wants fucking off it. Particularly McKay.

On 9/27/2016 at 2:00 PM, OhW said:

...then he might actually look like he enjoys being part of the Club.

Like Kyle Lafferty or all the other Rangers men that stabbed us in the back?  He's not happy because he sees the same faces getting picked ahead of him when they aren't performing.

23 hours ago, Ger77 said:

He's simply not good enough.

He's not had a fair chance he played in a counter attacking team where he had grass to run into with us he's not got that. So back to Warburton why sign him? That said I'd give him a run and if I were MOH I'd be unhappy when he watches some of the players ahead of him. 

there are times when we counter attack and then stop to wait for opposition to get back in position. Ohalloran is perfect for counter attacking. He is currently a one trick pony but at the right time is lethal. I don't think he should always play 90 minutes but he definitely needs game time. How else is he going to pass his pitch geography, get his team chemistry right, or excel in the perfect geometric shape. This is the problem. We are in "good shape" but the algebra is an unsolved problem way above two significant figures.