We are a top 4 side

bluchoo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think we will finish 2nd, a lot has to be answered for so far regarding our position currently, the board spent well midfield to forward this season but never backed Warburton defensively, why ?.  Why does Warburton insist on playing the same team of players who are misfiring in front of goal and drawing 0-0 with Ross Co 1-1 with Killie, 1-1 with Hamilton etc ? Warburton keeps a 1.8m pound striker on the bench, a 500k winger who assists for fun and can score too, Hungry players who we could build a team around like Windass,Crooks,O'Halloran,Dodoo should all be starting in front of players who're off the boil and look disinterested ie McKay,Waghorn, i think the formation is part of the problem also but what can we do we're not managers and have to back whatever team Warburton chooses. 

41 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

I still think we will finish 2nd, a lot has to be answered for so far regarding our position currently, the board spent well midfield to forward this season but never backed Warburton defensively, why ?.  Why does Warburton insist on playing the same team of players who are misfiring in front of goal and drawing 0-0 with Ross Co 1-1 with Killie, 1-1 with Hamilton etc ? Warburton keeps a 1.8m pound striker on the bench, a 500k winger who assists for fun and can score too, Hungry players who we could build a team around like Windass,Crooks,O'Halloran,Dodoo should all be starting in front of players who're off the boil and look disinterested ie McKay,Waghorn, i think the formation is part of the problem also but what can we do we're not managers and have to back whatever team Warburton chooses. 

How do you know the board never backed him defensively? As you say they backed him on every player he wanted to bring in, which for me raises the worry that he was actually satisfied that the defence wasn't an issue, which it's blatantly obvious it is too everycunt else. 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

How do you know the board never backed him defensively? As you say they backed him on every player he wanted to bring in, which for me raises the worry that he was actually satisfied that the defence wasn't an issue, which it's blatantly obvious it is too everycunt else. 

Because if they did we wouldn't have fuckin shite freebies, we would have some half decent defenders not desperation signings.

5 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Even 2nd isn't acceptable but would probably be considered understandable under these circumstances  

Any lower than 2nd the management, board and players can pack their bags 

So less than second and we have a total clear out management, board & players

so we start next season maybe with a new manager and a whole new team so do you recon we would finish first or second next year after that TOTAL clearout?

you should throw they drugs away they are clearly affecting your brain cell 

23 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

So less than second and we have a total clear out management, board & players

so we start next season maybe with a new manager and a whole new team so do you recon we would finish first or second next year after that TOTAL clearout?

you should throw they drugs away they are clearly affecting your brain cell 

Its what I personally think should happen under those circumstances

In what way would you find finishing below 2nd acceptable?

36 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Because if they did we wouldn't have fuckin shite freebies, we would have some half decent defenders not desperation signings.

Don't disagree about the board but there's also a point to be made about Warburton using such a large chunk of the budget he had on a forward

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Don't disagree about the board but there's also a point to be made about Warburton using such a large chunk of the budget he had on a forward

I've mentioned that in a sense about warming the bench, we shoulda been backed by a further 500k IMO to buy a hald decent pacey CB there's bound to be a few out there within that range.

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

That's my point mate, maybe Warburton is satisfied with what he has. He shouldn't be but who knows. 

As you said he's the only one every week that can't see our defence is our weakest area, if he's satisfied by that he's easily pleased but it'll cost him his job if he doesn't get it sorted, i can see a repeat of last months OF happening.....

Well it's October and far too early. We're only 1 game behind the sheep- people go on about how worried they are etc but apart from the capitulation at parkhead then I've seen nothing the opposition have that worries me we won't be 2nd.  Our mistakes and slow start have caused this and nothing else. We'll hit form then you can think of another negative thread, maybe about the catering or something as a lot of Rangers fans seem to love being negative about everything Rangers

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Well it's October and far too early. We're only 1 game behind the sheep- people go on about how worried they are etc but apart from the capitulation at parkhead then I've seen nothing the opposition have that worries me we won't be 2nd.  Our mistakes and slow start have caused this and nothing else. We'll hit form then you can think of another negative thread, maybe about the catering or something as a lot of Rangers fans seem to love being negative about everything Rangers

Been pretty shit since about Christmas bar one game against the filth and some folk have the audacity to moan eh...

4 hours ago, Smile said:

I want him gone in January he signed 11 new players and started only two last night, we still look poor as a team, i just don't think he has the necessary experience to manage Rangers something i said when we got him in.

He's a likeable guy but not a good manager.

:blink:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroaster.

32 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Been pretty shit since about Christmas bar one game against the filth and some folk have the audacity to moan eh...

Shit compared to what though?  What is this comparison against? Rangers over the years performance wise have hardly set the heather alight have they?  We have a team and a manager 18 months in the rebuilding and the managers previous job was 2 years at Brentford that's it. 

6 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Shit compared to what though?  What is this comparison against? Rangers over the years performance wise have hardly set the heather alight have they?  We have a team and a manager 18 months in the rebuilding and the managers previous job was 2 years at Brentford that's it. 

Shit compared to the multitude of teams we've dropped points against.

Shit compared to the winning confident style we adopted early in the MW reign.

Shit compared to teams that play decent fitba.

I don't give a toss about his previous, only his here and now. And he, and his players, are underperforming and rightly getting criticism. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Shit compared to the multitude of teams we've dropped points against.

Shit compared to the winning confident style we adopted early in the MW reign.

Shit compared to teams that play decent fitba.

I don't give a toss about his previous, only his here and now. And he, and his players, are underperforming and rightly getting criticism. 

I'm sure Man City fans can say the same about drawing with Celtic the other week there.  I'm pretty sure teams that should win also drop points against teams they should beat. Every team in every league has a purple patch in a season where for around 8-9 games they are untouchable and then just float through the season grinding out wins. 

The fans are looking for something that no other team has even the ones that spend millions and millions.

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I'm sure Man City fans can say the same about drawing with Celtic the other week there.  I'm pretty sure teams that should win also drop points against teams they should beat. Every team in every league has a purple patch in a season where for around 8-9 games they are untouchable and then just float through the season grinding out wins. 

The fans are looking for something that no other team has even the ones that spend millions and millions.

I'm looking for individuals to play well consistently, for the team to play well collectively, and for us to beat teams we should be beating.

Imo none of the 3 are happening, and haven't for months and months. 

If you think they are, or that these expectations are too high then that's your choice.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Its what I personally think should happen under those circumstances

In what way would you find finishing below 2nd acceptable?

It's acceptable because of where we've come from and where we are quite simple really,stop kidding yourself on that we should waltz into this league and come second 

have you missed the last 4 years

17 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

It's acceptable because of where we've come from and where we are quite simple really,stop kidding yourself on that we should waltz into this league and come second 

have you missed the last 4 years

Haven't missed them nope, I'm well aware where we've been but we're playing in Scottish football the step is hardly incredible. Our wage bill, attendances and stature are miles above the other teams in this league apart from the scum, that includes Aberdeen and Hearts 

If 2nd is expecting too much then exactly how low do you think it's acceptable for us to finish? 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Haven't missed them nope, I'm well aware where we've been but we're playing in Scottish football the step is hardly incredible. Our wage bill, attendances and stature are miles above the other teams in this league apart from the scum, that includes Aberdeen and Hearts 

If 2nd is expecting too much than exactly how low do you think it's acceptable for us to finish? 

Oh ffs, when was the last time attendance  wages and stature won a game of football?

if the rumours are true we're hemoraging money like an anemic with his jaw ripped,so forget about money, our manager doesn't have a plan B and our only hope for a goal is KM, our defence is suspect at best and we're playing catch up already

wake up smell the coffee and enjoy what we have achieved in 4 years and give us time to get sorted out before we start looking to pressure people about where we should finish in the league

9 hours ago, bluchoo said:

Heard the panel on BT say this last night. Got me thinking if we are a top 4 side with the transfer fees and wages we are paying is this enough the keep Warburton in a job?

Not a stealth Warburton out thread...but say we finish 4th will everyone be happy with him for next season?

If we lose heavily next weekend ,then I would probably have made my mind up about MW 

It's more from the heart than the head ,that I'm hoping he can turn his poor run of results in the important matches around