We are a top 4 side

bluchoo

5 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

If a 36 year old is our fittest striker then why on earth did we pay £1.8m for Garner who is 8 years younger, MOH for £500,000 who is 9 years younger and Dodoo at £250,000 who is 15 years younger?

Almost £2,5m on players who are not as fit as a 36 year old and people want Warns to be given more money.

I actually said one of our fittest players, not our fittest, do you disagree. On performances for us this season despite the fees I would start with Miller before the 3 you mention. That might be a sorry statement of Warburton's latest signings but how I see it I am afraid.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Last night we had a 38 year old at the back, a 36 year old up front and a 32 year old in midfield.

For a manager that's supposedly based his philosophy on youth and good football I find that ridiculous tbh..

It really does not matter if the guys I mentioned above were fit or not Warbs wont drop his favourites (Miller,Mckay,Kiernan) for anything.

No doubt you harped on about the need for experience last season.

Ironically not one of them put a foot wrong last night

7 minutes ago, Brubear said:

On that rating, 2 games ago we only had a 28% win rate so would you argue we were a bottom 3 team at that time. We have dropped too many points in first 7 games but would expect our win percentage to be much higher than 44% over the full season. I still expect us to finish 2nd, would have loved us to be champions but first 7 results has put an end to that I am afraid. The Tarries are unlikely to drop 10 more points than us from now to end of season.

Yeah, it's a small sample pool at the moment, but it gives us a rough idea of what form is required in order to be serious contenders. 

The tims had the chance to be completely out of reach and possibly un-catchable ever again when we went down the leagues. But they fannied about and the gap isn't quite as big as it should be. We're lucky in that respect. Now it's about building a team good enough to challenge. Warburton's ideas are right, he's let down a lot by the players, he still spent a fair bit of money when you think about wages etc. But Celtic spent more on one player than we did on all of our signings so what chance do we have really?

If we could win a cup and finish second then I'd be fucking delighted 

But the main thing is, whatever it takes, MW needs a big transfer kitty to build a defence and add someone who's gonna put the chances away that our forwards are fluffing just now 

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

Last night we had a 38 year old at the back, a 36 year old up front and a 32 year old in midfield.

For a manager that's supposedly based his philosophy on youth and good football I find that ridiculous tbh..

It really does not matter if the guys I mentioned above were fit or not Warbs wont drop his favourites (Miller,Mckay,Kiernan) for anything.

I am not saying I will always agree with his selection but I don't believe MW is the type of Manager that will play players based on them being 'favourites'. 

The 36 year old got a stunning winner and the 32 year old was by someway the best player on the pitch.

I agree that Mckay's place should be under threat and I hope Dodoo gets a few starts in that position.  I think MW will give youth a chance however it cannot be denied that several our young players have had knocks.  

Just now, markem said:

I am not saying I will always agree with his selection but I don't believe MW is the type of Manager that will play players based on them being 'favourites'. 

The 36 year old got a stunning winner and the 32 year old was by someway the best player on the pitch.

I agree that Mckay's place should be under threat and I hope Dodoo gets a few starts in that position.  I think MW will give youth a chance however it cannot be denied that several our young players have had knocks.  

not to mention the 38 year old had another good game

On paper I reckon our squad is capable of finishing second. But games aren't played on paper.

We are now a quarter of the way into the season and from our entire squad only a few have hit any sort of decent form.

The net result is that the team is struggling badly, and why so many points dropped. 

Decent chances missed and poor goals lost are 2 of the biggest issues. 

My worry though is that it doesn't seem that anything will spark them into form. Not a heavy defeat by the filth, not a couple of weeks with no game due to internationals.

So that leaves us hoping we can train and grind our way to form. However long into the season that may take, and all the points dropped along the way.

We need the players to hit form, and soon, as 15/27 points isn't good enough to get us 2nd place by the end of the season. 

I want him gone in January he signed 11 new players and started only two last night, we still look poor as a team, i just don't think he has the necessary experience to manage Rangers something i said when we got him in.

He's a likeable guy but not a good manager.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Sorry too say the scum are well ahead of us at present, of course we knew this back in 2012, they've had 4 seasons to consolidate their squad, we hoped our years in the lower leagues would allow us to rebuild and challenge them but thanks to certain people it didn't happen.

Forget the scum second place is a must anything else is failure.

The thing is, they didn't really consolidate in those four years, they went back the way. If clueless Ronnie had still been in charge then I don't think they'd have been that far in front of us, but unfortunately they appear to have made some reasonable signings that has seen them qualify for the CL and also move on a couple of levels from where they were.

i wouldn't be happy with him if we finished 2nd place. we'll be lucky to finish in top 4 to be honest. hope we all enjoyed our time at 3rd place while it lasted. that's us back to 5th. warburton needs to get his shit together if he wants to stay in this job. he should be punted at the end of the season. no way will we finish in 1st place so might as well just sack in january. he's not good enough to be the rangers manager. fucking honking. weir can bolt too.

3 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

Well Aberdeen were closer to them at this stage last season than we are now and with a lot less budget.

The excuses for Warbs not being able to beat Killie, Ross co and Hamiliton are ridiculous. We are miles behind them not cause they have zillions to spend but because we can't beat god awful teams who have 20-30% of the budget we have have.

When you build a defence that gets out run for pace by a fat over the hill Kris Boyd then it says it all really.

A for MOH for me he's looked better than Mckay who frankly is a winger who looks terrified to take on a man and does a safe pass back inside every time.

Mckay is a No 10 imo, but what do I know ? I also thought MOH was a good signing and how wrong was I on that one,he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

The tims had the chance to be completely out of reach and possibly un-catchable ever again when we went down the leagues. But they fannied about and the gap isn't quite as big as it should be. We're lucky in that respect. Now it's about building a team good enough to challenge. Warburton's ideas are right, he's let down a lot by the players, he still spent a fair bit of money when you think about wages etc. But Celtic spent more on one player than we did on all of our signings so what chance do we have really?

If we could win a cup and finish second then I'd be fucking delighted 

But the main thing is, whatever it takes, MW needs a big transfer kitty to build a defence and add someone who's gonna put the chances away that our forwards are fluffing just now 

We're lucky they spunked a fuck ton of cash chasing us during Walters second term. That has crippled them financially and if we hadn't been gone then the big 5 million quid hole in their books the last two Mays would be a much bigger hole.

4 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Tin hat on ......

I dont think playing like last night we even look a top 4 team.  I thought we looked pretty flat again last night and the fitness of our players is troubling me.  Im no looking for warburton to get hunted but i think we need a raise in performance levels. Too many non producers in the team

I didn't see it either  ( but was on the lash need to do a re-run ) but it was still slow, hap hazard and no creativity.

Anything less than 2nd must result in the sack for Mr Warburton, should less than 2nd be attained I'd find any other outcome bizarre.

I said a few weeks ago that should we continue the form we've shown in the opening of the season that I'd be willing to show him the door and that's because there is no justification for poor form with what we have at our disposal compared to everyone else.

Now we've managed to get a good win last night (all things considered) and hopefully that continues and we can bin debate on the manager etc. etc. (no one actually wants to us huff and puff out our arse and sack our manager in the latest installment of Rangers as a comedy series) BUT the warning signs have long been there and they continued last night to the point whereby we could easily have lost, there's nothing inaccurate or unfair in that statement.

I will say this in advance though, (somewhat in our managers defense) there is nothing to be achieved in building us up to get a result against them in the next game as it's simply too soon following our demolition by them to genuinely expect us to do anything more than a damage limitation job. At least if we 'keep it real' then anything better than that is a bonus as opposed to sitting with vast quantities of egg on our faces.

5 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

I honestly believe if we had the right manager we would be pushing for the title.

I know we won last night but if truth be told if that mob had anything decent up front we would have dropped points.

We have young hungry players like MOH ,Dodoo , Crooks , Windass  and  Rossiter who could be the core of our team for years to come but they never get much of a chance as Warbs has his older favourites.

If we had anything decent upfront we would have won by more.....