Years ahead? Nah.

gsa

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

That's the worrying part. If Warburton were to leave today, who would replace him? 

We'd end up with McLeish probably, maybe someone like Davies or McInnes. Hardly an inspiring list of candidates...

That's exactly what I keep saying.

I don't think there is much difference between Warburton and a McInnes, Neilson, Wright or a Davies.

There is absolutely no point forcing Warburton out the door if we are just going to take a short term step sideways and appoint somebody who probably isn't going to get much more out of this squad over the course of the season because the players simply aren't very good.

celtic raised the bar when they spent the money and got a Premier League quality manager and realistically we are probably going to need to match that level of appointment just as much as we need to invest money in the squad to match them on the park.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, gsa said:

Where did this "years ahead" thing come from and why do people moronically repeat it? How can a football team be "years ahead"? What does it even mean? 

How many years would we have said Chelsea, Man U, City, Arsenal, etc were ahead of Leicester? Funnily enough sport doesn't work in year long cycles. It happens dynamically and things can change extremely quickly.  If we signed 3 quality players in January (i accept we won't but theoretically) would that mean we had clawed back X amount of years?

It's embarrassing listening to so called "Rangers men" fawn all over Celtic like they're some elite outfit. 

We've been playing lower league football for 4 years. It wa always going to take some time. Get behind the manager and players and man the fuck up. So many of us seem determined to act like hysterical tims.

We got beat by a single goal from a so called Champions League team. One goal. 

Inagine we get our act together, which make no mistake, we will...

Leicester won one title. It's consistently challenging we need.

The issue is if we were challenging by January they would go out and spend money. We don't have the money to do that.

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Remember that mcleish's teams still consisted of de boer , mols , numan , lovenkrands , Ricksen, McCann ,Fergusson , Arteta, Amorouso , prso and novo  . I am in no way disputing what big eck done for us as what he acheived in his circumstances where fantastic however he did have some genuinely class players at his disposal in his squads 

Yes we did have some quality players at the club but their heads were down , confidence was low , and for whatever reason , for about 18 months , c....c looked to getting further and further away . It didnt help the supporters hopes that also about that time that we were selling our best midfield players  in  Van Bronckhurst , Albertz , Reyna and Tugay , and replaced them with Nerlinger in a space of about 12 months. 

What I'm trying to get across , probably not doing too good a job :lol: , is how quick a turn around can occur , because back then I would never have thought it possible so quickly , given the circumstances of us having to cut back and them spending big time . 

We are making them years ahead of us. We all know they have more money to spend on players but look what warburton done with barely anything when he first came to us. The only problem is he ain't improved us from last season. Many was it we brought in this season? Many started on Sunday? Barton and kranjcar were supposed to be our big name signings but it's turned into a disaster. I still have faith in warburton but any signings he makes now have to be spot on or we might end up a few years behind the scum. 

Lets get right behind the team. Learn from our mistakes. Try get the Scottish cup and try close the gap in the league so come the new year game we might just give them a run for there money.

NO SURRENDER

33 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yes we did have some quality players at the club but their heads were down , confidence was low , and for whatever reason , for about 18 months , c....c looked to getting further and further away . It didnt help the supporters hopes that also about that time that we were selling our best midfield players  in  Van Bronckhurst , Albertz , Reyna and Tugay , and replaced them with Nerlinger in a space of about 12 months. 

What I'm trying to get across , probably not doing too good a job :lol: , is how quick a turn around can occur , because back then I would never have thought it possible so quickly , given the circumstances of us having to cut back and them spending big time . 

I completely get your point mate ? It's just back then we already had the basis of a very good squad who just needed their confidence boosted up and some belief back into them . Now we need some decent investment aswell as sorting out the confidence issue

16 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Listen the league's the most important thing and I did say it was a big ask, what we meant to do? Just surrender and say aw fuck were no good enough and take it up the arse, 

Naw, your meant to see what's clearly in front of you, saying we could still win this League is beyond being biased, it's attitudes like that which keep the Board thinking we can continue to get by doing as little as possible, only when the fans let those running the club know in no uncertain terms what they are giving us simply isn't good enough and will not be tolerated any longer will things start to change.

Blowing smoke up their arses and lying to yourself and everyone else about possibilities does no-one any good at all

17 hours ago, gsa said:

Where did this "years ahead" thing come from and why do people moronically repeat it? How can a football team be "years ahead"? What does it even mean? 

How many years would we have said Chelsea, Man U, City, Arsenal, etc were ahead of Leicester? Funnily enough sport doesn't work in year long cycles. It happens dynamically and things can change extremely quickly.  If we signed 3 quality players in January (i accept we won't but theoretically) would that mean we had clawed back X amount of years?

It's embarrassing listening to so called "Rangers men" fawn all over Celtic like they're some elite outfit. 

We've been playing lower league football for 4 years. It wa always going to take some time. Get behind the manager and players and man the fuck up. So many of us seem determined to act like hysterical tims.

We got beat by a single goal from a so called Champions League team. One goal. 

Inagine we get our act together, which make no mistake, we will...

Perfect post mate (tu)

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Naw, your meant to see what's clearly in front of you, saying we could still win this League is beyond being biased, it's attitudes like that which keep the Board thinking we can continue to get by doing as little as possible, only when the fans let those running the club know in no uncertain terms what they are giving us simply isn't good enough and will not be tolerated any longer will things start to change.

Blowing smoke up their arses and lying to yourself and everyone else about possibilities does no-one any good at all

Am no lying to my self, we've no had the best start but you can only pish with the cock your given, your point about the board I agree with, I'm hoping we can get better and I believe we will get better if we don't then I'll jump on the bandwagon tae, we need to start winning games.

They have been significantly better run than us and have been for the best part of a decade, financially we won't be able to bring in what they're bringing in atm for a number of years assuming we get in Europe and eventually the CL in say 2 years. On the park they are better too, of their starting XI, 9 or more likely 10 would start for us, they also have a better manager it pains me to say. The phrase "Years ahead" is used simply to state that it will most likely be multiple years before we are winning domestically and in Europe to a rate that matches our standards and betters theirs while also bringing in enough money to be self sufficient and prosper.

I don't buy in to this crap at all. Their defence is bang average, their midfield is shite but they have goals across their front line so they can nick games when they're not playing well or score 3 or 4 when given half a dozen chances in a game. We don't create enough chances and certainly don't take them (cue Holt's golden chance on Sunday). 

If we can change how we play that creates (and takes) more chances than we have then it won't look as big a gap. if only we'd spent the £75-100k p/w wages for Sendoros, Hill, Barton and Kranjcar more wisely??  Let alone Dodoo and Garner