Over to you Sir Walter

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Thats nonsense, im just realistic about where we are.

That is the board we have...i asked you who youd rather have...no answer...no alternative...no realism about our situation

The management team...I asked you how we could afford to change them and provide money for a new management team and squad...no answer...no alternative...no realism.

I never at any point said I was happy, quite the contrary in fact.

I gave you what i'm trying to take as positives, doesn't mean im pleased with the start to the season, that's quite ridiculous.

You do know i don't appoint the board or the manager, we chased away Sarver as  that was seen as a distraction by the Fans chief. You seem to be blaming me for this board incompetence when i didn't want this board or this inexperienced manager in the first place.

I do not even claim to offer alternatives as this would not be up to me.

I do like that you can remain positive i wish i could as well.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Big Al II said:

(tu) now that we agree on at the moment i dont recall seeing any other player offer so little. Cant hold the ball up, cant beat a man, doesnt stand up long enough to pass it to anyone.

The funny thing is i watched his Youtube Video(i know MADNESS) and thought he looked exactly what we need.

Just now, Smile said:

You do know i don't appoint the board or the manager, we chased away Sarver as  that was seen as a distraction by the Fans chief. You seem to be blaming me for this board incompetence when i didn't want this board or this inexperienced manager in the first place.

I do like that you can remain positive i wish i could as well.

No im not, im asking under the current circumstances realistically what you think we can do? Im not blaming you for anything.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair, though, Le Guen and Murray both said there was more money there for Le Guen but he decided not to use it. Hence the way he under-estimated Scottish football and what was needed.

Smith didn't need 30 million to steady the ship. He stedied it the half season when he came back using what Le Guen left him.

First full season after that with a couple of additions like Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch we made the European final.

The 30 million came season after and we won 3 titles on the trot with it.

Smith was a chequebook manager IMO but he also proved he could get his hands dirty with whatever shite he was left with and get something from them too.

His three in a row squad was pretty expensive in Scottish football terms but the finances also meant he was unable to freshen the squad up for long periods and for a title challenging team our squad numbers were very low which put us in trouble with injuries and suspensions  

Walter deserved a lot of credit for handling that even though he clearly had his faults 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's a weird one as a player he spends more time on the ground.

I don't know what he is all about tbh?

The wrestling pish annoys the utter fuck out of me, be a striker , peel off your man into space and create something or get a goal.

Look what happened when thumb done it on sunday.

So far he has been horrific to watch.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

His three in a row squad was pretty expensive in Scottish football terms but the finances also meant he was unable to freshen the squad up for long periods and for a title challenging team our squad numbers were very low which put us in trouble with injuries and suspensions  

Walter deserved a lot of credit for handling that even though he clearly had his faults 

I know - which only reaffirms to me the importance of developing the right core of a winning team and spending wisely.

If that's done right you can do it that way and just add a little to it each year to supplement the successful spine/core that's already there.

Like many fans I love Walter, but bringing him back would be a wrong move. I'd even be surprised if he would want to come back anyway. He's had his time, and there many good  good times in that period. We need to move on and show a lot more patience to the current manager.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair, though, Le Guen and Murray both said there was more money there for Le Guen but he decided not to use it. Hence the way he under-estimated Scottish football and what was needed.

I think that Le Guens problem was that having a team which was undefeated in Europe, he hoped that using the same team / tactics etc would prove successful domestically...which was never going to work in this league. As it is, I would have given him longer and fucked off the dressing room dissenter(s). 

Fuck it, Warburton oot, Le Guen back in :)

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I think that Le Guens problem was that having a team which was undefeated in Europe, he hoped that using the same team / tactics etc would prove successful domestically...which was never going to work in this league. As it is, I would have given him longer and fucked off the dressing room dissenter(s). 

It's no coincidence that the first thing Smith did when he came back was to sign Weir, Ugo & Thomson.

PLG's team was absolutely awful in that area, especially for Scottish football, and it was a glaring weakness.

20 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

No im not, im asking under the current circumstances realistically what you think we can do? Im not blaming you for anything.

We don't have a lot of options if this board do not have the money to pay off Warburton, Plus by January i can't see them trusting him with any money they do have as he's wasted what they did give him.

Something will have to give as the Rangers support won't accept what we are seeing so far.

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Had he just admitted he needed to beef up the defence in January I'd have given him more time too. But he honestly thought it was good enough for Scotland.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It's no coincidence that the first thing Smith did when he came back was to sign Weir, Ugo & Thomson.

PLG's team was absolutely awful in that area, especially for Scottish football, and it was a glaring weakness.

Smith did the commentary on the last game PLG did and he saw the problems immediately.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Had he just admitted he needed to beef up the defence in January I'd have given him more time too. But he honestly thought it was good enough for Scotland.

He bought Svensson who had eyes problems to be our best young defender. If Buffel could hit the side of a house with a shot things may have been different.

Then there was the Bardsley fall out which looks similar to where we are now with Barton.

I wish to fuck Graeme Souness was twenty years younger, it's someone like him we need where the players  would be shit scared of him and respect him, I get the feeling MW is struggling with holding this squad together as a tight knit unit and that its falling apart at the seams.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Smith didn't need 30 million to steady the ship. He stedied it the half season when he came back using what Le Guen left him.

First full season after that with a couple of additions like Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch we made the European final.

The bulk/majority of the 30 million came season after and we won 3 titles on the trot with it.

Smith was a chequebook manager IMO but he also proved he could get his hands dirty with whatever shite he was left with and get something from them too.

IIRC , Thomson came in along with Davie Weir and big Ugo when Walter returned .

First full transfer window Walter brung in  , Whittaker , Beasley , Darcheville , Cousin , Cuellar , McCulloch and Naismith , also Broadfoot , Dailly & Carroll . So it was more than a couple of additions . Some of them were free agents , Bosmans but I think Whittaker Naismith and McCulloch alone cost £6 million plus , We probably shelled out the best part of £10 million that summer , transfer funds we can only dream of at this moment  and most likely the near future as well .

Walter was a man for his time , but that time has gone and the club and the support have to look to build a great future while still remembering and celebrating past achievements . Standing still or going back can't be an option .

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Steady the ship and make the UEFA cup final as well as winning a couple of titles on the way.

Three titles. That's what happens when you give a manager£30 million to spend. Shame our current board can't provide the same

Wasnt so long ago that bears were over the moon with the new philosophy,and almost to a man agreed that we needed to stick with it even if we were having a bad run as this new philosophy was struggling 

In the last few days iv saw and heard on various platforms that we need to get the ball forward quicker ,play long balls 

This is the stuff we hated mcoist tactics for ,

Now I'm not saying that Warburton is definitely going to turn things around ,but he needs time to get things right,he has been unlucky this year with the signings,crook windass have been injured,niko injured now and the Barton fiasco 

I bet there was hardly any bear unhappy with recruitment in the summer,apart from the want for an experienced solid centre back,which was realistically never going to happen,any half decent centre half these days is on massive wages and in the 10s of millions in transfer fee

The fact is we need to stick with what we have and back them the best we can,bringing anybody else in would change the philosophy and we are not in the position to financially back somebody to take things significantly forward 

My only real criticism of our manager is his focus on the British market,or players who have succeeded here in the past,

A wee look at what's available in some of the European leagues wouldn't go amiss,in the recent past we have brought in good defenders and value prices,cuellar and kyriakos ideal examples,what would you give to have the modern day versions of these guys playing 

As for bringing Walter back,the guy deserves to enjoy his retirement,he worked hard for it