The Gap Excuse

Johnmon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a gap there and I think it is bigger than some would like to admit.

We are needing to invest a serious amount in the team if we are going to be challenging for the title the only issue with that is if we spend 5 million I can see them doing the same and the champions league money will help them stay ahead. 

To complete I think we need 2 really good center backs, we need a new left back Lee Wallace captain or not just doesnt cut it for me, In midfield we are needing a couple of players who have some dig about them and are not easy to push off the ball as it happened far too much on Sunday. McKay is not consistent enough and MOH isnt liked, Barton will be away, Niko might struggle for next year after this injury. We cant rely on Miller for much longer due to age.  

51 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Don't usually rep low posters but your post is 100% on the money about gap excuse .

Total crock of shite .

I may be confusing you with another poster, but are you not regularly bemoaning the lack of investment and complaining that's what we need to compete?  You can't complain of a lack of investment on one hand then say there isn't a gap on the other. Totally contradicts each other.  

If it's not you, apologies. :541:

If anyone but King was in charge the uproar would be deafening. But luckily silence can be bought quite cheaply, a bit like the club. 

The management of expectations is astounding. Id expect it if we were Edinburgh Celtic or the Mutton molesters but we are Rangers FFS the biggest club in the country. 

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

I may be confusing you with another poster, but are you not regularly bemoaning the lack of investment and complaining that's what we need to compete?  You can't complain of a lack of investment on one hand then say there isn't a gap on the other. Totally contradicts each other.  

If it's not you, apologies. :541:

I accept your apologies mate .With the amount of moaning I do ,its maybe understandable you would get me mixed up with someone else:D

Not on this one though . I feel investment is needed but I never moan about that so much because I know King wont .

Well not unless it's off ST sales.

I feel MW has had enough cash for players and messed up big time . It's not down to him to make the best of what he signed us .

Or pay the price

7 hours ago, Johnmon said:

Time to drop the "Gap" crap. It does not always take money to win a Championship. Ranieri and Clough in England, Ferguson at Aberdeen. They all beat higher spending teams by teamwork.

8 of the Sunday Celtic squad cost in total 1.7m. Put aside the three who cost over 3m.

Gordon Free

Tierney No Cost

Lustig Free

Toure Free

Bitton 700k

Rogic 500k

Dembele 500k

Forest No Cost

Total Cost 1.7m

About the same amount was used to buy Joe Garner. A Preston player purchased on the back of scoring 6 goals in a year. The same total scored by Dembele in 3 games against Rangers and Man City.

My point.... A good manager chooses players very wisely. He Man Manages his men and instills a winning mentality. 

So far, Mark Warburton's player choices and man management have not made the required standard. The money Gap is there for sure, but history has shown that money is not the only way to win at football.

January offers a last chance for Warbs to prove he has the ability. Low cost players can and should be sourced. Deadwood should be shipped. Let us see what you are really capable of.

You forget how much ( or little) the Helicopter Sunday squad cost....I was stunned to find how cheaply we had got many of those players. And Alex McLeish worked miracles to get that out of them.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I am stunned at how little Dembele cost..he will turn out to be another they sell on for millions.

Yip, he'll be on decent wages though so that probably counters the lack of a fee.

The sales pitch will have been something along the lines of "come here, score goals, raise your profile and when a decent offer comes in you can head back down south"

Hopefully that's the kind of thing we are doing with Rossiter, Crooks and Windass.

7 hours ago, Johnmon said:

Time to drop the "Gap" crap. It does not always take money to win a Championship. Ranieri and Clough in England, Ferguson at Aberdeen. They all beat higher spending teams by teamwork.

8 of the Sunday Celtic squad cost in total 1.7m. Put aside the three who cost over 3m.

Gordon Free

Tierney No Cost

Lustig Free

Toure Free

Bitton 700k

Rogic 500k

Dembele 500k

Forest No Cost

Total Cost 1.7m

About the same amount was used to buy Joe Garner. A Preston player purchased on the back of scoring 6 goals in a year. The same total scored by Dembele in 3 games against Rangers and Man City.

My point.... A good manager chooses players very wisely. He Man Manages his men and instills a winning mentality. 

So far, Mark Warburton's player choices and man management have not made the required standard. The money Gap is there for sure, but history has shown that money is not the only way to win at football.

January offers a last chance for Warbs to prove he has the ability. Low cost players can and should be sourced. Deadwood should be shipped. Let us see what you are really capable of.

Dembele, Brown and Toure are supposed to be on 40 grand a week. Thats the difference. We cant compete financially.