***The official Rangers vs Kilmarnock match thread***

Gaz52

That was a good performance today and hope it can help the team to get some confidence back.

It should also be mentioned that Killie were the poorest team I have seen at Ibrox this season, but you can only beat what is in front of you, so well done today. (tu)

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

That was a good performance today and hope it can help the team to get some confidence back.

It should also be mentioned that Killie were the poorest team I have seen at Ibrox this season, but you can only beat what is in front of you, so well done today. (tu)

No way are they worse than Partick.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I did not manage to get to that game so cannot comment, but happy to take your word for it.

I am happy today and if we continue this good display into the next game then I will start to feel we might have turned a corner after a very poor start to the season. 

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

Thoroughly good performance all round before the substitutions, quite a few man of the match contenders.  MOH was blistering at times, needs to pick out men better in the box but he's streets ahead of McKay at this time. Tavernier even linked up well with MOH, first time this season that's happened.  Garner I really liked as well, great in the air and held the ball up well when he needed to bring in support - if he didn't see any support he fell over and got the fouls and took his goal well. Kenny was great, really intelligent player now. Tavernier also looking like a good defender, you couldn't  always say that.  .  Windass looked class act and Crooks did reasonable well when he came on.  We should have scored lots more and think we would have if we hadn't made the substitutions.

MOH, Windass and Garner, will definitely get a run in this team now.

Brilliant mate - thank you. 

After Wednesday i wasn't that confident about us taking three points today but what a difference, playing at a good tempo and actually playing through the middle as well as wide, O'Halloran is like a new signing , great pace and not afraid to cut inside , his final ball could be better at times but more game time will help with that. on a down side i dont know whats happened to Tav as a goal threat, seems to have forgotton how to hit the target but i thought today was one of his better defencive performances. maybe helped that Killie didn't come to Ibrox and sit in , they had a go but could have went away with losing heavier. But a much better day at Ibrox. 

3 hours ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Now why can't we play like that

every week? :pipe: 

10 shots on target to 1. Well done much more like it Rangers.

Because MW refused to play MOH and in midweek when he played so well and only in as a last resort because McKay had been so poor.

I hope all the taig accusing MOH haters are now choking in in their vomit.

Maybe when McKay gets back to form, they can both be in the front three and create even more havoc with opposition defences.

Team played a lot faster more direct today:-)

miller, MOG and windass were the 3 standouts for me. With miller dropping in to pick up the ball he has the vision that some of ours don't have to pick out a great pass! MOH and windass both willing to run at players and go by them. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Agree with all that - or was it that we made them look really poor?

I thought a good number of ours seemed half as fast again as they have over recent weeks - as if they've all been pulling sledges, which have now been taken away!

Also that there was a smattering of Tav & MOH trying to work together, which seems like a good thing!

1 hour ago, ready1873 said:

On a side note; anyone else think Boyd looked fucked even after his run onto the pitch from the bench? Looked as big as ever and could barely accelerate. I know he was never the most mobile.

I thought the bottom of his shirt barely reached the top of his shirts, as he ran on!

Being someone who's seen a pie or two more than he should have, I know what causes that!

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I think they were - if Partick had had anything at all up front, they'd have caused us some problems.

Thought they were quite tidy at the back & in midfield.

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Agree with all that - or was it that we made them look really poor?

I thought a good number of ours seemed half as fast again as they have over recent weeks - as if they've all been pulling sledges, which have now been taken away!

Also that there was a smattering of Tav & MOH trying to work together, which seems like a good thing!

I hope it was making them look poor, but I also feel we have been here before and so holding back a little until after the next game.

Your point about Tav & MOH is interesting because  it crossed my mind today that maybe someone has been working on that relationship behind the scenes. It certainly looked different today and let's hope that can also continue. (tu)

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I hope it was making them look poor, but I also feel we have been here before and so holding back a little until after the next game.

Your point about Tav & MOH is interesting because  it crossed my mind today that maybe someone has been working on that relationship behind the scenes. It certainly looked different today and let's hope that can also continue. (tu)

Seemed there had been quite a lot going on behind the scenes - looked like different people out there.

As you say, stringing a few together is what we need now.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Seemed there had been quite a lot going on behind the scenes - looked like different people out there.

As you say, stringing a few together is what we need now.

I would agree, they all certainly looked up for the game today.

If it continues into the next game the mood on R M will also be better. :D

Well done. Move on, next game.

It'll take a lot more than a win at home to Kilmarnock to compensate for paying £50 to see us lose 5-1 at Parkhead, never mind the League Cup semi-final and Pittodrie.

Garner was a £1.8M ankle-wrestler last week, but a strong performance against a club who have narrowly avoided relegation for what feels like the past ten years and his name should be the first on the team sheet.

We played very well today, but it's too little, too late for me.

Hang on, I'll skip into work on Monday, gloating to the tarriers who have done a number on me all season because we pumped Kilmarnock.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

It'll take a lot more than a win at home to Kilmarnock to compensate for paying £50 to see us lose 5-1 at Parkhead, never mind the League Cup semi-final and Pittodrie.

Garner was an £1.8M ankle-wrestler last week, but a strong performance against a club who have narrowly avoided relegation for what feels like the past ten years and his name should be the first on the team sheet.

Hang on, I'll skip into work on Monday, gloating to the tarriers who have done a number on me all season because we pumped Kilmarnock.

Bizarre, slightly backwards view in my opinion.

Why do you feel obliged to gloat to tarriers? It was an improved performance, hopefully the sign of more to come. You come across a bit bleak.

6 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Why do you feel obliged to gloat to tarriers? It was an improved performance, hopefully the sign of more to come. You come across a bit bleak.

It was sarcasm, evidently which flew over your head.

Of course I won't be skipping into work; I was using it to emphasise how bog standard a home win against Kilmarnock is.

I am bleak. I'm very bleak, to be honest. As I mentioned, I paid £50 to watch us suffer the biggest Old Firm defeat in over fifteen years, we lost late at Aberdeen, dropped points at home to Hamilton, Ross County & St Johnstone and as a result, we're 12 points behind Celtic and we haven't even reached November. Add to that, they booked their place in the League Cup final with a late winner at Hampden and our marquee signing has been suspended for the past seven weeks.

I'm sorry, but taking three points off Killie at Ibrox won't render me non-bleak.

8 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Garner was a £1.8M ankle-wrestler last week, but a strong performance against a club who have narrowly avoided relegation for what feels like the past ten years and his name should be the first on the team sheet.

Don't think anyone is getting carried away , it was a welcome performance . As for the tims in yer work , fuck them . 

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

It was sarcasm, evidently which flew over your head.

Of course I won't be skipping into work; I was using it to emphasise how bog standard a home win against Kilmarnock is.

I am bleak. I'm very bleak, to be honest. As I mentioned, I paid £50 to watch us suffer the biggest Old Firm defeat in over fifteen years, we lost late at Aberdeen, dropped points at home to Hamilton, Ross County & St Johnstone and as a result, we're 12 points behind Celtic and we haven't even reached November. Add to that, they booked their place in the League Cup final with a late winner at Hampden and our marquee signing has been suspended for the past seven weeks.

I'm sorry, but taking three points off Killie won't render me non-bleak.

Yes. I also paid £50 to watch that shite. Kilmarnock were poor, you're right, but there was more to it, we were quicker and more direct today. I feel it could potentially be a turn in the season.

8 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

"Bleak", is that another word for arse?

Just now, ready1873 said:

Yes. I also paid £50 to watch that shite. Kilmarnock were poor, you're right, but there was more to it, we were quicker and more direct today. I feel it could potentially be a turn in the season.

I hope it does, but I'm certainly not satisfied. I sat there wondering why it has taken until the end of October for this sort of performance. As I said, too little, too late.

Maybe I should adjust my expectations, but we've been fucking appalling this season and that Killie side are chronic, so I'm not excited.