Excuse my ignorance but Billy Gilmour?

Gaz52

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's (Robby) been benched a bit recently after having been away with the Scotland squads. Tbh, I've not been particularly impressed with him so far this season. There's definitely top keeper there if he applies himself (and all the other cliches) but he's made a few big mistakes. 

His brother has been shunted about a little in the defence but is a fairly consistent pick (as well as captain). Talks well and comes across as a bit of a leader.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one (or both go on loan in January)

Cheers for the update mate

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's (Robby) been benched a bit recently after having been away with the Scotland squads. Tbh, I've not been particularly impressed with him so far this season. There's definitely top keeper there if he applies himself (and all the other cliches) but he's made a few big mistakes. 

His brother has been shunted about a little in the defence but is a fairly consistent pick (as well as captain). Talks well and comes across as a bit of a leader.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one (or both go on loan in January)

Aye that's something I always noticed about the defender brother - he's a good talker, leader, organiser. 

I like seeing those qualities in someone so young. I've seen him have some right good games in defence too but like all kids at that level it's about finding his consistency and comfort zones.  

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Aye that's something I always noticed about the defender brother - he's a good talker, leader, organiser. 

I like seeing those qualities in someone so young. I've seen him have some right good games in defence too but like all kids at that level it's about finding his consistency and comfort zones.  

He's played quite a bit at right back this year and has looked fairly comfortable there too. He had a wee stint at Ayr last season which has helped his development kick on. I remember folk had suggested we had taken Bates on loan with a view to signing him but I've seen nothing from him which would make me think he's got a better chance than McCrorie.

Just now, The Dude said:

He's played quite a bit at right back this year and has looked fairly comfortable there too. He had a wee stint at Ayr last season which has helped his development kick on. I remember folk had suggested we had taken Bates on loan with a view to signing him but I've seen nothing from him which would make me think he's got a better chance than McCrorie.

Bates is a strange signing.

At first I was all for it because I thought it was maybe us taking one of Raith's better players on loan in return to try and give our U20's a winning edge since some of our better players were going out on loan but it's not really worked out that way. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Bates is a strange signing.

At first I was all for it because I thought it was maybe us taking one of Raith's better players on loan in return to try and give our U20's a winning edge since some of our better players were going out on loan but it's not really worked out that way. 

I think it was just a case of getting numbers in for the 20s whilst giving one of our boys an opportunity to go play regularly. If he turned out great we'd look to buy him if not so be it. We've not really lost anything from it. 

Raith will look at it as getting a player they need while letting Bates go away for a bit. If we sign him they get paid, if they don't he comes back to Raith after 6 months improved after working with better coaches, better players and better facilities. Win/win for Raith.

*cough* we're building bridges all the time *cough* 

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Always nice to hear but I always treat these wonder kid stories with a massive pinch of salt.

Heard it so many times through the years and they've all amounted to nothing - Fleck, Hardie, Stevie Lennon, Boyack ...

We just don't seem to bring any decent kids through. The last real class act was Barry Ferguson first time round, although the likes of Hutton, McGregor and Adam did us a turn with varying success. 

Combination of them being over-hyped at that age and/or not having the right tools (coaches) to bring them on properly. We've been a conveyor belt of youth team coaches through the years - Dawson, Cleland, Stephen Wright, Chalmers, Tommy McLean, John Brown, Durrant, Billy Kirkwood, Sinclair, Wilson, Gordan Durie and now Craig Mulholland & Graham Murty. 

Closest I think we've came to a decent coach to bring anyone through was wee Tommy McLean (think he was the last person to get us winning the league at that level and we sacked him for swearing and shouting too much if I remember correctly) and Tommy Wilson (who I thought was a good appointment off the work he did getting Scotland Under 20/21's to either the semi-finals of the Euro's/World Cup around ten years ago. 

Could throw Ross McCormack and Charlie Adam in there as well. Both had good careers. 

Just realised you mentioned Adam.

Wish the papers would fuck off with this wonder kid pish!!!....leave the laddie alone to develop and enjoy his football, we've got the daily Rhebel saying he's away to Man Utd now!!!....I hope he does turn out to be a star, but the pressure the mhedia put on these young laddies is too much!!!

Scotland drew 2-2 with Wales today, having been 2-0 up at half time.  Wales upped their game in the second half and Scotland didn't take their chances.

Billy wasn't as prominent as he was on Sunday, but he still played well and was unlucky with one effort that hit the post at 1-0 up.

Zac Butterworth did well to get a cross in for the first goal, but he was subbed by a £10M player 15 minutes into the second half.

The superstar, to be, looked neat and tidy on the ball while out on the wing, but he ended up as the main striker for the last 10 minutes.  I don't think he touched the ball after that. He was ineffective in that role as he wasn't quick enough against defenders who only took one stride to his three or four.

39 minutes ago, Capital Blu said:

Scotland drew 2-2 with Wales today, having been 2-0 up at half time.  Wales upped their game in the second half and Scotland didn't take their chances.

Billy wasn't as prominent as he was on Sunday, but he still played well and was unlucky with one effort that hit the post at 1-0 up.

Zac Butterworth did well to get a cross in for the first goal, but he was subbed by a £10M player 15 minutes into the second half.

The superstar, to be, looked neat and tidy on the ball while out on the wing, but he ended up as the main striker for the last 10 minutes.  I don't think he touched the ball after that. He was ineffective in that role as he wasn't quick enough against defenders who only took one stride to his three or four.

Who is the 10m superstar? 

I don't know how many "wonderkids" the EPL sides hoover up from around the world, probably 100's each season on top of the ones already at the club, there are 16 squad places up for grabs on match day,have a look at the team line ups over the last few seasons and how many of the players came through the ranks? you can count them on your hands.(Chelsea have something like 35 players out on loan)

If you are a gambler its like having a 250/1 horse coming in, so if an offer comes in from one of the EPL sides the family will have a decision to make!  ££'s and a good chance of getting lost to the game or giving it a blast at the worlds most successful club.

1 minute ago, M0NTY said:

A guy i know was telling me about this boy the other day, is mates with the wee guys dad. Supposedly his brother is pretty good as well. BUT he is indeed a celtic fan.

Think he is from Ardrossan

Is it his dad that's the Celtic fan or BG?

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's 19 at the start of next year and if you've any potential you shouldn't still be in the U20s at that age. 

Any youngsters that have any future should be in the first team squad by 18. Our youth policy seriously needs looked at.

The 13 yo Royston Pele came to prominence about a month ago and is being punted as a £10m prospect. 

The young Rangers player comes to light at the weekend as a great prospect also.

Today our great friend the daily record has a full article detailing how Rangers can lose lose this gem for peanuts.

Somebody at Ibrox have a word with this disgusting outfit.