Kranjcar's season over

The Dude

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Ffs! If it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck this year.

It's got to change sometime. The taigs seem to be getting all the luck.?

Yup, can't believe how unlucky we've been. Sloppy at the back still and wasteful up front. Then injuries like this. After the shit we've took these last few years you would have thought we'd get a bit of luck. Got to change soon right enough.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Unfortunately think that may be him finished. can't see him coming back from this. took months to get him fit before this. 

Was my first thought as I read the title, he was a class act just getting up to speed as well.

Gutted.

I've been hard on him, but he came across as a well-spoken, decent guy in the media, I'm shattered for him.

At his age and given the nature of the injury, I'll be very surprised to see him Rangers jersey again.

I don't want to fill a disappointing topic with more negativity, but what promised so much has been a disaster, regarding his arrival.

Should have signed this guy on a pay as you play contract or something similar.

Any player can pick up a bad injury but it's more likely to happen if your over 30 and not played much recently like Kranjcar.

Must be over £1m a year in wages just flushed down the drain between him and Barton sitting doing nothing.

5 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I am a doctor. It relates to evolution. Historically, we broke legs much more than we damaged ligaments, so we evolved to heal them quicker. Most people don't realise that if you break your own fingers, for example, they will actually work better when they heal.

Thats 'handy'   cos im a lazy bastard at the moment, at least I now have hope for the future. 

Not good news but tbh I think him and Barton slowed us down.No doubts about his ability but always doubtful about his fitness and time to get fit and interest in actually being at the club. As far as his salary goes I'm pretty  sure the club will have some kind of insurance policy to cover every players salaries under these cicumstances.

4 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yup, can't believe how unlucky we've been. Sloppy at the back still and wasteful up front. Then injuries like this. After the shit we've took these last few years you would have thought we'd get a bit of luck. Got to change soon right enough.

Personally I would not put it down to bad luck more like bad management from MW.

Signing Kranjcar was always going to be a massive risk given he was unfit and injured at the time.

Barton was also a disaster waiting to happen and something we really did not need at the club. Warbs has handled that whole situation dreadfully and by not letting him train no one is going  to take a player that's been sitting around doing nothing for 3 months off our hands especially at 20k a week.

26 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Could you imagine if we had? 

Hopefully the board take note, give MW a proper transfer budget and stop signing over the hill coffin dodgers.

I know, definitely a bullet dodged there. I hope so too. Spending on a good centre half is surely priority 

54 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Could you imagine if we had? 

Hopefully the board take note, give MW a proper transfer budget and stop signing over the hill coffin dodgers.

So far it's only Hill who's not over the hill...

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

Another note to the board. If you do feel the necessity to sign over the hill coffin dodgers, make sure it's on a pay as you play deal...

I would hardly say Barton was an over the hill coffin dodger,plenty on here thought he was a great signing,others weren't so sure but to say he is over the hill, and Kranjcar was only 31 when we bought him.Younger than Souness was when they signed him and don't remember anyone saying he was over the hill,or Wilkins for that matter. Not worked out which happens and has happened with other players at Rangers in the past and no doubt will happen again.

40 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Personally I would not put it down to bad luck more like bad management from MW.

Signing Kranjcar was always going to be a massive risk given he was unfit and injured at the time.

Barton was also a disaster waiting to happen and something we really did not need at the club. Warbs has handled that whole situation dreadfully and by not letting him train no one is going  to take a player that's been sitting around doing nothing for 3 months off our hands especially at 20k a week.

Pretty harsh to put a player getting injured down to bad management. Was Souness a bad manager for signing Kuznetsoz, Walter for signing Negri (won't mention Prodan), etc.  

Kranjcar looked like he might be coming good after his initial problems getting match fit.  It's just unlucky that he got injured.  However, on the positiv side, it will give one of our other younger players a chance to prove himself.