Realistically who would you have as Rangers manager?

Jamie0202

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do something radical like advertise the position, then create a shortlist of the top candidates, interview them all and tell them their budget for improving the side. Then whoever is left go through another round of interviews to find the best candidate and appoint him. Ground breaking I know.

No point speculating who I would have as manager but Rangers should still be a big enough draw to attract high calibre applicants.

13 minutes ago, OhW said:

Would you do this while Warburton is still our manager? Unthinkable.

I don't actually think there would be much point in advertising the post. We are a huge club. Every manager in the industry will know when the job becomes available. 

No I would get rid of him as soon as possible and start the process on the 1st Jan using the winter break to complete the process. Failing that it would be the summer.

Give Warbuton the rest of the season . I think he might actually walk before than .he looks a man that is under extreme pressure he's not experienced a club of this magnitude.

I don't want any Rangers manager too fail even mccosit I stood behind but I think we're not improving if we could see an improvement but not the results it would give us a bit of optimism but we're getting worse it's pish poor the performances last night  probably the worse this year  and clearly showed that he didn't have a answer for a system that wasn't  working 

When I see the calibre of mangers out of work someone like NIgel Pearson that built the foundations for Leicester premiership success we surely must have a plan b ourselves 

16 minutes ago, loyal said:

Give Warbuton the rest of the season . I think he might actually walk before than .he looks a man that is under extreme pressure he's not experienced a club of this magnitude.

I don't want any Rangers manager too fail even mccosit I stood behind but I think we're not improving if we could see an improvement but not the results it would give us a bit of optimism but we're getting worse it's pish poor the performances last night  probably the worse this year  and clearly showed that he didn't have a answer for a system that wasn't  working 

When I see the calibre of mangers out of work someone like NIgel Pearson that built the foundations for Leicester premiership success we surely must have a plan b ourselves 

give him the whole season even if we get pumped for the remainder of december, which looks highly fucking likely? will you still say this if we are languishing mid table in february? 

i've said it before, the line has to be drawn somewhere. he looks burst and devoid of ideas. I dont even think he's being stubborn with 4-3-3. It is simply the only formation he knows. a fucking one trick pony. he's really getting on my tits with his pish now. 

cannot understand this position of standing by and seeing what happens. if we persist with warburton IMO we will be finishing mid table. we are utterly shite.

14 minutes ago, KWBear said:

give him the whole season even if we get pumped for the remainder of december, which looks highly fucking likely? will you still say this if we are languishing mid table in february? 

i've said it before, the line has to be drawn somewhere. he looks burst and devoid of ideas. I dont even think he's being stubborn with 4-3-3. It is simply the only formation he knows. a fucking one trick pony. he's really getting on my tits with his pish now. 

cannot understand this position of standing by and seeing what happens. if we persist with warburton IMO we will be finishing mid table. we are utterly shite.

This season fucked anyway if you get rid of him now and somebody else comes in and their is no improvement many will be saying we didn't give him enough time .

I generally think he's out of his depth but look what's  happened with Chelsea conte reverting to a 3-4-3 at least by giving him the rest of the season to turn things around at least we can be absolutely sure.

I'm getting behind him too the end of the season  but than again I'm a fucking idiot ?

Just now, loyal said:

This season fucked anyway if you get rid of him now and somebody else comes in and their is no improvement many will be saying we didn't give him enough time .

I generally think he's out of his depth but look what's  happened with Chelsea conte reverting to a 3-4-3 at least by giving him the rest of the season to turn things around at least we can be absolutely sure.

I'm getting behind him too the end of the season  but than again I'm a fucking idiot ?

get someone else in who can at least salvage it and see us through to second place. Fucking depressing, but it is the reality. He wont get us second place, not in a million years, i would absolutely hang my hat on that statement and happy to be reminded of it later down the line. 

We are aimless, rudderless, devoid of creativity, fight, spirit, desire, and teamwork. It is a disorganised shambles, and warburton's record in away games vs near competitors / direct rivals is fucking shocking. 

I reckon we will get a draw against the sheep. the taigs will thump us. 

4 3 3. fucking 4 3 3. it is literally the only formation the geezer knows. He has fucking botched a transfer window, doesnt know his best team lineup, appears to have no clue what the strengths and weaknesses of each player are, and constantly hits us with repetitive pish along the "we will learn and get better" lines. 

Its abysmal. i want him to pack his bags and fuck off now.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, loyal said:

Exactly, write it off sack warburton and give someone else the job who is competent, let him analyse these players till the end of the season and figure out who he wants to keep and who to sell, give him a head start for next season.

As we're skint our optiond are seriously limited. As I see it we can pay MW to stay, or pay him to go.

But either way he's going to have to be paid. If we pay him to go, we pay him once, if we pay him to stay, we pay him TWICE, once in money and again in points dropped.

Paying him to go seems the logical thing to do. However then what. We're already paying NK for nothing, I assume JB is taking or has taken money from us, so to pay MW as well, probably leaves no money to bring in a replacement. So we'd be looking at DW taking over, or a player manager.

We don't have a player who can provide leadership on the pitch, so I would doubt any of them could step up to being player manager.

So it looks like MW and DW or DW on his own.

Fuck me that's depressing

My opinion is we need a manager who is basically a scout too who can bring in a handpicked team.

Can't think of any decent British options so I'd be looking in Germany or the Netherlands first with Spain or France as options also. We need to be playing the superior continental style of football. I think Warburton THINKS he already is but it is basically the Ajax formation with lightweight players that often cannot fill in as required in the shape. There is a lack of strength and flexibility with most of the players and a lack of speed and ability at centre back. Plus we have that weak defence and are playing with full on wing backs which is ludicrous.