waghorn

MacBoyd

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Waghorn has a chance of coming good again but it will take patience. 

At least he's shown he's some talent there compared to some of our other attacking options.

On his day he's a great finisher - but he needs a run of games without injury and a few things going right for him to regain his touch. 

Out of all our problems, Waghorn is pretty low down the list. He's been a great player for us. Unlike some.

When your top goal scorer stops scoring and downs tools it becomes a bit of a problem.

One of many at the moment but a major problem none the less.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

When your top goal scorer stops scoring and downs tools it becomes a bit of a problem.

One of many at the moment but a major problem none the less.

I don't think he's downed tools though, I think his confidence is low and he's not had much game time. 

32 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

If you buy from Wigan you get Wigan - it's that simple. 

unless it's

Zidane (Cannes)

Drogba (le Mons)

Prso (Raphaelois)

Park ji Sung (koyoto purple sanga)

I could go on but i won't  you are embarrassed enough  

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

Looked good against part timers.

Cumbersome, heavy legged and quite frankly a woeful finisher. Even last season when he was scoring it took him 3 or 4 chances to get one goal. 

Keep him on his weak foot and he's useless. He's been found out this season.

Just now, hammer93 said:

KAI do you not think he looks a bit overweight ? 

Everyone the ball came to him I feel he looks awkward and laboured !

He's always looked overweight to me, mate. Since the day we signed him. 

I think our fitness methods may be worth reviewing, though. We don't look any fitter than the other teams, we never seem to heal players properly from injury as they seem to keep breaking down with the same niggles and from what I hear our fitness coach Flannighan from Hibs wasn't the most popular there either due to injuries. 

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

Looked good against part timers.

Cumbersome, heavy legged and quite frankly a woeful finisher. Even last season when he was scoring it took him 3 or 4 chances to get one goal. 

We played 2 part time teams last season in the league.........

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's always looked overweight to me, mate. Since the day we signed him. 

I think our fitness methods may be worth reviewing, though. We don't look any fitter than the other teams, we never seem to heal players properly from injury as they seem to keep breaking down with the same niggles and from what I hear our fitness coach Flannighan from Hibs wasn't the most popular there either due to injuries. 

I can assure KAI he ain't that popular wae me with a name like flannigan!!!!

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I can assure KAI he ain't that popular wae me with a name like flannigan!!!!

lol - I know names can be deceptive but he is a big Bluenose regardless. A few Rangers fans I know are mates with him. 

When you see Waghorn coming on you can see he's a wee bit musclebound it always slows you down and restricts your movements. I thought he would have made the step up but he's struggling just now especially with this daft idea of playing him wide all the time.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

A great player?

He's been a 'great' penalty taker, that's about it. Even-though he scored goals last season there was always legitimate doubts over his ability as his al round game is lacking. One of the poorest passers of the ball at the club. There's a reason why 14 of his goals have been against part time teams and a further 13 against the likes of QOTS, Morton, ST Mirren, Livi, Raith etc. His scoring level is against clubs of that low calibre. He turned up once against the big teams last season in about 8 or 9 games, that was the 4-2 win at home to Hibs. 

Not good enough and we should cash in on Waghorn in Jan.

We've played more (so far) against those types of teams, though - hence why I'm saying so far I think he's been a great player for us.

I'm more inclined to judge him properly when he's fully fit and starting games regular.

Why's this OK for talent'less no-marks like MOH and Dodoo but not OK for Waghorn who has least given us something back? even if it was last season against weaker teams. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

lol - I know names can be deceptive but he is a big Bluenose regardless. A few Rangers fans I know are mates with him. 

To be fair my history teacher was a joseph flannigan who was the uncle of Les flannigan who drove me allover Scotland to watch the gers.