waghorn

MacBoyd

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waghorn is just one of a long line of people who were good enough in the championship but cannae cut it at prem level.   The recent history is littered with wasted opportunities starting from when we began the journey through when we fucked up getting out of the championship to finally thinking we were the real deal when we won the sc semi against the scum.  All the time real investment hasn't taken place in the team.   I blame three lots of people for this - the board, the board and the board.

23 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

When your top goal scorer stops scoring and downs tools it becomes a bit of a problem.

One of many at the moment but a major problem none the less.

How many goals are missing since Waghorn hasn't started scoring and Tav has had to be a full back this season.

2 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Overrated by some berated by others. He needs to score again, get his nfidence back, then he can be judged properly in this league. Lost his way a bit at the moment.

Last time he scored three playing in the middle Warburton stuck him out wide next game. was against Queen of the South though.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Last time he scored three playing in the middle Warburton stuck him out wide next game. was against Queen of the South though.

I still feel he is not a number 9 or a winger either. Still undecided where he operates best

Waghorn has been poor this season.  A supposed goal scorer who doesn't now score enough goals and who doesn't now do enough to deserve regular games. Not even really going through the motions of showing a hunger and desire to get goals for Rangers' cause.  

Has he improved as a player this season?   Not in my view.  When he has had opportunities to play in league games has he made contributions in matches that show that he is clearly giving his very best?  Not in my view.    Has he shown that he is a highly competitive player who is working his socks off for Rangers?   Not in my view.

McCoist rightly came under criticism for managing the undistinguished trick of making players worse.     Warburton risks achieving the same unwelcome outcome with Waghorn .......and a few others.   This season so far it seems that Wallace, Tav, McKay, Halliday, Holt to name a few have all gone backwards in terms of the quality and consistency of their play.    The end of the season will be the time to judge more completely but right now too many are showing week after week that they are not really good enough to be part of a team that could challenge properly for this league.     Same goes for the manager who is risking taking Rangers firmly into the realms of mid table mediocrity.

On 06/11/2016 at 8:21 PM, King Jela said:

He isn't interested by the looks of it. Was never that good to begin with tbh but he isn't even trying. Get the impression he sees himself as some superstar when he's actually far fucking from it. Wouldn't bother my arse if we punted him in January. 

Agreed - I think quite a few players feel they are better than they are and not up for a fight.

I think Waghorn wanted a move in the summer but noone came in from him. He looks like he can't be arsed being here.

10 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Stick him up front, in a 4-4-2 with Kenny Miller and see if they get the ball and hit the target. (With decent wingers). 

Playing a CF on the wide right needs to stop. It's not working.  

I'm sure MW has a login for the forums so we can be sure of a 4 4 2 next time out ryju84

Sad thing is I'm only fucking half kidding.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Waghorn has been poor this season.  A supposed goal scorer who doesn't now score enough goals and who doesn't now do enough to deserve regular games. Not even really going through the motions of showing a hunger and desire to get goals for Rangers' cause.  

Has he improved as a player this season?   Not in my view.  When he has had opportunities to play in league games has he made contributions in matches that show that he is clearly giving his very best?  Not in my view.    Has he shown that he is a highly competitive player who is working his socks off for Rangers?   Not in my view.

McCoist rightly came under criticism for managing the undistinguished trick of making players worse.     Warburton risks achieving the same unwelcome outcome with Waghorn .......and a few others.   This season so far it seems that Wallace, Tav, McKay, Halliday, Holt to name a few have all gone backwards in terms of the quality and consistency of their play.    The end of the season will be the time to judge more completely but right now too many are showing week after week that they are not really good enough to be part of a team that could challenge properly for this league.     Same goes for the manager who is risking taking Rangers firmly into the realms of mid table mediocrity.

Strange how waghorn knocked back a new contract. did he think he was billy big bollocks and would piss the spfl then get his move to England? or were the terms of the contract just shite? 

Wonder how he sees it now. 

I've never been 100% sold on waghorn, but I could say that about the majority of the squad. it's tiring being this negative and wish I had a more rosey outlook but it's fucking murder at the moment 

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Tell you what, we're blessed on here with a plethora of experts on the impact of additional muscle mass on a footballer.

He's out of form. You can over analyse it until the cows come home but that's what it is.

Just need to look at the terrible agility of American Footballers

On 07/11/2016 at 11:59 PM, Creampuff said:

Tell you what, we're blessed on here with a plethora of experts on the impact of additional muscle mass on a footballer.

He's out of form. You can over analyse it until the cows come home but that's what it is.

Aye but he ate all the cows as part of a high protein diet.

2 hours ago, ally62 said:

Heard he's away to Bristol City in the next transfer window, doubling his wage....  (tu)

Wouldn't be surprised.

Read elsewhere contract talks recently ended altogether because he was asking for too much.

His performances don't even deserve a contract extension never mind a good wage rise.

At his age he's looking at his last chance of a decent contract so I don't blame him for trying to get what he can but hopefully that's elsewhere and we can get an ok fee for him.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

A certain B McKay made a good contribution in that game too.

It's all relative - after all, Morton took 5 off QotS at Palmerston!

On 11/6/2016 at 8:17 PM, MacBoyd said:

What the fuck has happened? Looks slow as fuck, can't control or pass a ball.

Was sure he would shine at spl level but he's pish and he isn't trying. Get him to fuck 

He'd be better spending some time learning to trap a ball and less working on his massive useless thighs...h's no where near our standard.