Today's attendance

Gaz52

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Forrester should have been on from the start.dodoo put in a couple of great crosses, moh should never have started because he's shite,McKay although I'm not a big fan did well when he came on.garner should have been off before Miller (Miller was raging) as garner was anonymous

I don't think the Dundee defence would agree with you.

I know it's a 2 way street, the fans bounce off the players performance and vice versa however there was definitely a reaction from the players when the fans started singing Derrys walls late in the 2nd half.  Pity we hadn't got behind them sooner.

23 hours ago, blueretro said:

I think we're counting all season ticket holders as being at the game. No way did we have over 48000 in the ground today. I thought a few might have given it a miss because of the M74 closure. 

Why wouldn't we count the season ticket holders.. They have paid for their seat regardless whether they are at Ibrox or not.

There are two attendances available.. One is the seats sold and the other is the actual attendance in the stadium,But seats sold is always the one given.

Dundee also brought quite an impressive away support and one of the biggest for a while at Ibrox.

Second highest attendance in Britain over the weekend.

22 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Why wouldn't we count the season ticket holders.. They have paid for their seat regardless whether they are at Ibrox or not.

There are two attendances available.. One is the seats sold and the other is the actual attendance in the stadium,But seats sold is always the one given.

Dundee also brought quite an impressive away support and one of the biggest for a while at Ibrox.

Second highest attendance in Britain over the weekend.

I didn't say we shouldn't count them. I was only pointing out that we never had over 48000 in the ground.

Wasn't there today but it looked nothing like 48k on the telly, still I'd rather half the attendance and twice the performance,  it's a credit to our support to get crowds like we do to watch the pish football we play

2 hours ago, blueretro said:

I didn't say we shouldn't count them. I was only pointing out that we never had over 48000 in the ground.

You said this " I think we're counting all season ticket holders as being at the game." That's why i responded to your post.

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

Wasn't there today but it looked nothing like 48k on the telly, still I'd rather half the attendance and twice the performance,  it's a credit to our support to get crowds like we do to watch the pish football we play

Good choice mate, would have been freezing your wee fanny, and you would have been bored as fuck doing fuck all.

On 19/11/2016 at 8:53 PM, Gaz52 said:

Ibrox; - 48,773

The rest of the SPL combined including last night's game - 22,142 

So that's 22,142 out of a possible 50,122 (if all stadiums were at capacity) 

I know we don't win any points for this but it's worth pointing out to prove how good our support is, even during this 'sticky' period on the pitch, the Rangers support turns out in great numbers and blows the rest of thr SPL away - minus you know who

Well done to each and everyone of you who do your best to go to games, watch or listen to them. It's you guys that are the envy of many other football clubs, loyalty isn't something you can buy but even if you could, you'd still struggle to top the loyalty of the Rangers support. :21: 

I think looking at those figures, league re-construction needs to happen ASAP as interest in Scottish football outwith Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen & Hearts is embarrassingly low. 

Totally off topic. But do cities like dundee and stirling need 2 football teams?

It really is a remarkable attendance but nothing unusual. I just hope the board don't take us for granted ... if they had pushed the boat out and got a decent centre half and centre forward our season would have been transformed and the day may come when the supporters demand that those upstairs begin to play their part