Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

15 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Manchester City launch child sexual abuse victim payment scheme

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47532719

"City know of 40 potential claimants to their compensation fund but they are braced for more cases."

Are Man City also going to face being demoted/shut-down/banned etc?

Fucking hope so.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Could be a game changer regards to they horrible filthy bastards from the gallowgate.

Lets be honest,apart from us no one else is in the slightest bit interested. You don’t even have to be an investigative reporter to blow this thing open but the power of the Catholic Church ect.has always been underestimated by people not of that faith. The abuse is on an industrial scale and has been happening in schools,churches and workplaces for years  and years and the ordinary catholic has an acceptance of it and is brought up never to question the rights and wrongs of it. Suspected priests or teachers are quickly removed and placed elsewhere yet victims families still attend the same chapels and continue to send their kids to school even if there is a risk of abuse continuing. 4 or 5 coaches at the one location and still I have never seen the phrase paedophile ring used, ask yourself why?

5 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Where's Norman Cook when you need him .

Saying that he disappeared off the radar when doing an investigation into peadophillia. 

can't remember what the exact name was. think it was central tv he worked with .he was doing a huge story on institutional peadophillia about 20yr ago .The company he worked with was the subject of a merger with another large ITV company. The merger was pushed through about a year quicker than expected .The Cook report was shelved and all the footage for his doc disappeared. 

The man credited with the takeover going through all of a sudden appeared on the political scene and became prime minister .Went into make a right arse of the country authorised 2 referendums that are still causing the UK more grief than you could ever dream of 

What's Fat Boy Slim got to do with it 😂😂😂, Think you mean Roger Cook mate

3 hours ago, Dickie said:

Lets be honest,apart from us no one else is in the slightest bit interested. You don’t even have to be an investigative reporter to blow this thing open but the power of the Catholic Church ect.has always been underestimated by people not of that faith. The abuse is on an industrial scale and has been happening in schools,churches and workplaces for years  and years and the ordinary catholic has an acceptance of it and is brought up never to question the rights and wrongs of it. Suspected priests or teachers are quickly removed and placed elsewhere yet victims families still attend the same chapels and continue to send their kids to school even if there is a risk of abuse continuing. 4 or 5 coaches at the one location and still I have never seen the phrase paedophile ring used, ask yourself why?

Paul Stewart former Man City,Tottenham and England player who was one of Bennels victims was told from Man City that "they would always act with ('INTEGRITY' remember that word from lawaell) and to be fair,they have done just that" and he added that it would help if all the other clubs involved in child abuse scandals should do the right and proper thing and apologise and any financial redress would HELP victims to get,at least some closure.
Wee word in your ear Paul.
Don't hold your breath on the club that are trying to dump the boys club by claiming  'separate entity' to even apologise directly.
You will need to appear in front of the cameras every hour on the hour,and it might shame them into what is going to happen for the right and proper reasons by Man City who seem to be genuinely sorry about what happened.  

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Re Man City:10 million won't be nearly enough for all the victims when the 1st one wins in a civil court and others follow suit, or if a class action is successful.

40 victims 250k each case .

That's quite high for sex abuse compo 

does set a precedent. the tarriers have well over a hundred cases. 

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 22:05, magic8ball said:

40 victims 250k each case .

That's quite high for sex abuse compo 

does set a precedent. the tarriers have well over a hundred cases. 

Be good if all.. including our own club done likewise. .. I recall that they hid behind the fact that when pursued by a lawyer they said that it was a previous administration  that should be dealing with it.  Now as I recall we are the same club so forget all the nonsense admit etc .. Rangers should have made a stand and it would have FORCED that mob to deal with their pursuants and would have left them broke .. but Rangers never.  They batted aside the boys claim ... 

Think city have done really well here. 

22 minutes ago, desire1689 said:

Be good if all.. including our own club done likewise. .. I recall that they hid behind the fact that when pursued by a lawyer they said that it was a previous administration  that should be dealing with it.  Now as I recall we are the same club so forget all the nonsense admit etc .. Rangers should have made a stand and it would have FORCED that mob to deal with their pursuants and would have left them broke .. but Rangers never.  They batted aside the boys claim ... 

Think city have done really well here. 

I know .we should have taken it on the chin.

King could have been cute with it .settle for a large amount .set a precedent that would wipe the tarriers out when the were forced to pay the going rate 

23 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I know .we should have taken it on the chin.

King could have been cute with it .settle for a large amount .set a precedent that would wipe the tarriers out when the were forced to pay the going rate 

I know the boy that was involved. He is still a season ticket holder but his heart is torn by supporting the club and.bein turned away by the club.  The "man" now receives counselling to this day.  I was "unfortunate" to have him confide in me with regards to the attack that took place within the confines of ibrox as I am.a supporter too and was disgusted by the way in which our club hierarchy dealt with it. It no our fault. . It was another bunch of administrative people that were responsible.  

No ... As a club we should have dealt with it.  ..iI know the guy didn't want millions of pounds just a token of the shit he has had to endure in his life and an apology . 

So if we are all playing it straight down the line them our club has.muxh to do in order to apologise and they ...like cultic. ...In my opinion cannot bare to say sorry as it will cost them financially.  But some don't care .. only want to protect our club.  Is that not what happened to those micks. . And torbett and stein. What's good for the goose and all that 

53 minutes ago, desire1689 said:

I know the boy that was involved. He is still a season ticket holder but his heart is torn by supporting the club and.bein turned away by the club.  The "man" now receives counselling to this day.  I was "unfortunate" to have him confide in me with regards to the attack that took place within the confines of ibrox as I am.a supporter too and was disgusted by the way in which our club hierarchy dealt with it. It no our fault. . It was another bunch of administrative people that were responsible.  

No ... As a club we should have dealt with it.  ..iI know the guy didn't want millions of pounds just a token of the shit he has had to endure in his life and an apology . 

So if we are all playing it straight down the line them our club has.muxh to do in order to apologise and they ...like cultic. ...In my opinion cannot bare to say sorry as it will cost them financially.  But some don't care .. only want to protect our club.  Is that not what happened to those micks. . And torbett and stein. What's good for the goose and all that 

Why would he confide in you unless you are his parish priest? We are as guilty as them,go and fuck yourself. All you scum infiltrators even write the same way,so fucking obvious.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Why would he confide in you unless you are his parish priest? We are as guilty as them,go and fuck yourself. All you scum infiltrators even write the same way,so fucking obvious.

Was thinking that way myself.

He/she seems to get his/her we's and they's mixed up.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

I have been trying to get my head around that post and I am now starting to think the same way as yourself.

A new poster who just happens to have this first hand information while the tarriers have been abusing many boys for years and years, hmmm rather strange I think.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Why would he not. ? Do explain 

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have been trying to get my head around that post and I am now starting to think the same way as yourself.

A new poster who just happens to have this first hand information while the tarriers have been abusing many boys for years and years, hmmm rather strange I think.

Yes well maybe he wants his story told. Maybe if people stop denying it happened at probably every club,  boys brigade, scouts church, chapels, swimming club, athletic club ...maybe we could all move on a deal with things.  

I know the guy very well as he is a member of.my family. So am I a priest? no .. .. I am only commenting on an issue which a club ...man city have made.great in roads in dealing with their past. If you choose not to listen I can't tell u anymore. You have ur mind made up.  

However ... I can advise that he has a lawyer dealing with it

19 minutes ago, desire1689 said:

Yes well maybe he wants his story told. Maybe if people stop denying it happened at probably every club,  boys brigade, scouts church, chapels, swimming club, athletic club ...maybe we could all move on a deal with things.  

I know the guy very well as he is a member of.my family. So am I a priest? no .. .. I am only commenting on an issue which a club ...man city have made.great in roads in dealing with their past. If you choose not to listen I can't tell u anymore. You have ur mind made up.  

However ... I can advise that he has a lawyer dealing with it

You have to understand that you as a new poster who has not had time to build any gravitas with existing members, this is a serious charge to lay. 
This is a serious subject and our members feel passionately about the subject matter. It may take time to present your friend's case if your aim is to gather support and empathy from this forum.

17 minutes ago, 72barca said:

You have to understand that you as a new poster who has not had time to build any gravitas with existing members, this is a serious charge to lay. 
This is a serious subject and our members feel passionately about the subject matter. It may take time to present your friend's case if your aim is to gather support and empathy from this forum.

I fully understand that and appreciate that. I know it's not just talking about who plays left back or how bad pies or burgers are. Look I totally understand the seriousness of it all. I know.he wrestled with all of this.. do I tell people what they don't want to hear etc.  He actually spoke to Rangers HR and they did advisers go to the police with allegation but never once contacted him after that to see if.he was OK or anything. People even denied there was.any such letter from Rangers with regards to an apology or anything. To this day he has never received a written or or oral apology from the club that he supports Nd has done faithfully and loyally for so many many years. 

So with regards to me being  priest as one person accused me I can advise I am no such sort.  

Just now, magic8ball said:

it takes a long time to gain any respect on this forum .

for that I don't blame the members directly .

It's wariness caused by the many tarrier imposters that come on here it takes time to trust 

Look I agree. I M not here to spread stupid allegations. I only speak the truth for a member of my family.

Archived