Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

That lot should be investigating straight away , no having to be asked ffs 

:541:

The only way any investigation will happen is if we make it happen. This cover up should no longer be allowed. 

Just now, A.T.G said:

I see there's a snippet with the police investigating any links to Celtic and Crewe, apparently McCafferty used to send boys to Bennel

If that's not a paedophile ring then I don't know what the fuck is!

Just now, B1872 said:

The only way any investigation will happen is if we make it happen. This cover up should no longer be allowed. 

True mate although what I was saying is ,that their morale compass should have pointed them to inquire about this ,no have to wait for a petition 

Just now, Smile said:

From Reevel Alderson on Good Morning Scotland, because of the cost and it's not as bad as in England.

How the jesus fuck can the SFA, knowing that there are active child abusers throughout their managed product, even begin to dream about saying that. FIFA should shut down the whole of Scottish fucking football.

This must go to a higher authority for an independent investigation.

Take this to the nth degree and say that there are 50% of Scottish clubs at this time abusing their young staff. Going by the above logic the costs would be significantly higher and ergo they are telling us that the worse it could become would increase the chances of there not being an  investigation?

6 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

How the jesus fuck can the SFA, knowing that there are active child abusers throughout their managed product, even begin to dream about saying that. FIFA should shut down the whole of Scottish fucking football.

This must go to a higher authority for an independent investigation.

They are not fit for purpose and are run by one club to benefit one club.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

The Sfa is taking no further action on this as it cost too much.

""Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

if they do ignore it they are contravening there own guidelines. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

apparently there will be a story in the next few days linking the scum and Crewe

Honestly makes me want to vomit. A nationwide paedophile ring in football and people will still try to deflect it to protect themselves from their club's destroyed reputation.

PERVERT kitman Jim McCafferty has been linked to the man at the centre of the sex scandal that has rocked English football.

Police are probing the relationship between McCafferty, 70, and former Crewe Alexandra coach Barry Bennell.

Bennell has been accused of abusing five youth footballers at the Cheshire club in the 1980s.

McCafferty confessed in yesterday’s Daily Record to abusing 12 boys in a reign of terror over two decades.

Now, we can reveal that the beast arranged for boys to be sent to Crewe for trials – and to stay in the remote home of Bennell.

McCafferty also arranged brief stops at the club during squad trips to England.

Two weeks ago, Scots detectives interviewed a former Celtic youth player about his trip to Bennell’s house in 
1987. The man, now 46, first met McCafferty while playing for a boys team in Lanarkshire in 1980.

He also alleged the self-confessed abuser – who worked as a kitman for Celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk – concocted sick games for lads during an away trip to Austria.

The player – who has asked us to protect his identity – said: “One day, Jim contacted me and said, ‘Do you fancy going to Crewe for a trial?’

“I was saying, ‘Crewe? Where the hell is Crewe?’ Jim said, ‘Oh no, they have quite a good team. The youth set-up is good. Do you fancy going down there?’

“I thought, ‘Why not?’ So I went down by the train and met up with this guy.

“Bennell was the guy who picked me up. I can always remember him and his big dog. I spent three nights in Bennell’s house with a couple of other boys. His house was like a big kid’s palace.

Nothing happened but we were probably too old for him at that point.

“He had an isolated house. I remember we went through English village after English village.

“It was less a home, more of a pad. He had Space Invaders machines in the house and big TVs with videos.

“But the house was stinking. I can remember rooming with a boy from Wales in bunkbeds and the dog s**t 
in the lad’s bed.

“Afterwards, McCafferty never once asked me how I got on. We just parted ways and I never heard from him again.

“At that point, McCafferty was only dealing with junior teams and boys’ clubs. I thought at the time, ‘How the hell does he know a club as obscure as Crewe?’”

The man told the Record that he was subjected to “weird” games by McCafferty while with a boys team aged just 10. Despite no prior involvement with the squad, McCafferty, then 34, turned up to lead them on a trip to Innsbruck, Austria, in 1980.

Our source said: “Jim McCafferty was a larger-than-life character and, to be honest, we felt he really made the holiday for us at that point. But it wasn’t until years later, when we look back and we realise, what went wrong.

“He initiated a game he called ‘pull yer tush’. It was basically grabbing your groin and testicles and pulling them down.

“We thought this was a great game and the boys were going about Innsbruck pulling each others’ ‘tushes’.It isn’t until you’re an adult that you realise that this was not normal behaviour. Would I deem it as abuse?

“Not at the time, because I wasn’t in a room one to one with him. It was like a game. But looking back, he did it when we were away from other adults. It just wasn’t right.”

The former youth player continued: “Over the years, you bump into people and McCafferty’s name comes up. 
You hear this, that and the next thing and you think, ‘For God’s sake.’

“You read the papers and see that he’s been sacked from here, sacked from there. I knew there was no smoke without fire. Then two weeks ago, I saw the Crewe guy’s face come up on the TV and his mad perm. I thought, ‘Christ, that’s the guy I stayed with.’

“Then I started thinking about who sent me down here. Jim McCafferty.

“I said to the police, ‘I don’t know if I’m adding two and two together and getting five.’ I spoke to police the Friday before last. I saw Bennell on the TV the night before and I thought, ‘No, my conscience is bothering me too much’.

“I was thinking there could be a link. How many boys did he send down to Crewe? How did he know about Crewe?”

The original McCafferty whistleblower, whose story we published in yesterday’s Record, also revealed McCafferty had taken his own team on a trip to Crewe in 1983.

He explained that the stop was made during a visit to Manchester City. He added: “It was an odd place to go, unless you know someone. It was like he pulled an English club out the hat.”

Bennell, 62, worked for Crewe in the 1980s and 1990s and had associations with Manchester City and Stoke City.

He has been charged with eight sex offences against a boy aged under 14.

Archived