New low even for the Daily Record

K.A.I

42 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I really think there has to be something more substantial than being run by taigs

They are well in the epicentre of it but the tentacles are so widespread. If they are brought down then many others of much higher authority will fall also. It will be like the Clinton carry-on and remember how many have died to protect them. The first to open their gub will end up on the slab and that is why yer man in Belfast is under lock and key.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thebooler said:

Why are the including the spoon  burners in the apology?

He was kicked out of Fester Road for committing child abuse!

Apology should only be to Rangers.

I thought that too. Edinburgh vale was mentioned but the same victim initiated that another team 3 years after his abuse whilst at vale also allowed Neely to send youth players to that house. If it's not hibs who is it?

38 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

They are well in the epicentre of it but the tentacles are so widespread. If they are brought down then many others of much higher authority will fall also. It will be like the Clinton carry-on and remember how many have died to protect them. The first to open their gub will end up on the slab and that is why yer man in Belfast is under lock and key.

They've got off with it so far by making Savile and BBC hold responsibility, let's hope they turn ceptic into a savile type whitewash. The pedo in Belfast might just be getting coerced into ensuring scum fc takes the full hit on the latest scandal. 

Not sure if I believe in the bigger, widespread scandal though, think this is merely to do with disgusting vile people allowing pedophiles free range to abuse kids at football teams to seemingly protect the vile football team  

How will they get fined , no-one thinks they are doing anything wrong . The only way to kill it off is to stop buying it and giving it internet hits, they will then make zero revenue and close.

Aint going to happen sadly , they get more publicity on this site than anywhere else.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Its a sinister turn of events when a national newspaper is deliberately printing falsehoods trying to implicate us in a child sex abuse scandal. Aye ok its run by taigs and they can take the piss when the club went into admin and such and i realise that sensationalist headlines are a red tops bread and butter - but this topic is on another level entirely.

Particularly when you see the way they have apologised. This is all premeditated and planned, knowing full well that pathetic retraction would be required. 

(tu)

Well said Cushy,

An utter joke of an apology when you look at their deliberate attempts to tar us with the same brush as that scum ..... totally premeditated .... (tu)

The sickest thing in all this saga, is that they are not in the least bit caring about the victims of this soul destroying abuse, who are still having to live with this nightmare ...... who may have wanted to come forward ...... but are probably put off doing so, mainly due to the underhanded tactics of the scum's media partners muddying the waters.

How are they ever going to get any form of justice while fucktards like this block the road .... trying to implicate their biggest rivals in something they are blatantly guilty of .... by deliberately deflecting the spotlight from the real culprits.

Hell mend any of these fuckers looking for sympathy, never mind justice, if it ever happened to any of their children ..... as that's what most of the victims were ..... regardless of religion ....  they were just children.

The people (?) who stoop to these measures, to sell a piece of crap they call a newspaper, deserve all the flack that comes their way ..... and they can take their joke of an apology and fuck right off ..... they know exactly what they are doing and it's wrong.

:uk:

16 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

No it's digs about SoS, not Rangers fans.

SoS are Rangers fans, might not be the type of Rangers fan you relate to, but fans nonetheless.

In a thread such as this is intended to be it's depressing to come onto it and find Rangers fans having a go at other Rangers fans.  It's entirely the wrong target.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

If it's a front page attack then it should be a front page apology, nothing less.

(tu)

Exactly mate .....  be even better if they just stopped writing shite about us .... then they wouldn't need to come out with these left handed insincere apologies.

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

SoS are Rangers fans, might not be the type of Rangers fan you relate to, but fans nonetheless.

In a thread such as this is intended to be it's depressing to come onto it and find Rangers fans having a go at other Rangers fans.  It's entirely the wrong target.

Anyone who tries to get people to boycott Rangers is not a Rangers fan in my eyes. Not so bad if they decide to do it themselves but to try to force others by intimidation is not the Rangers way. Did you find it depressing when SoS were having a go at Rangers fans for buying merchadise? The retail deal may have been shite but at least Rangers got some money from it. They got fuck all from Lionbrand.

4 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Even my da has had the good sense to stop buying this rhag.

Fuck knows why, but every time I read that I canny stop laughing. ?

I keep picturing in ma mind a wee 10 year auld nipper sittingat the dinner table, and his paw comes in fae work and announces " that's it. Am no buying that fukkin rag again"!  ??

24 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Anyone who tries to get people to boycott Rangers is not a Rangers fan in my eyes. Not so bad if they decide to do it themselves but to try to force others by intimidation is not the Rangers way. Did you find it depressing when SoS were having a go at Rangers fans for buying merchadise? The retail deal may have been shite but at least Rangers got some money from it. They got fuck all from Lionbrand.

In this thread I couldn't care two hoots.  My point is, save it for the right thread, there's plenty. 

4 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Fuck knows why, but every time I read that I canny stop laughing. ?

I keep picturing in ma mind a wee 10 year auld nipper sittingat the dinner table, and his paw comes in fae work and announces " that's it. Am no buying that fukkin rag again"!  ??

Haha hardly im 47 and my das 72

4 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

And also, throughout this entire thing, Club 1872 have just shown themselves to be completely useless and not fit for purpose in defending Rangers. 

On face value I agree but maybe someone outwith Club 1872 was doing something. I doubt the Record would have apologised unless they were forced to.

6 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Thing is they have made their money, headlines sell papers, whether true or not, it's the headline or story that's remembered, not the retraction, the editors are supposed to be able to spot inaccuracies or misleading statements in stories, obviously they didn't give a shit in this case they sold more toilet paper.

www.ipso.co.uk

This is the link that was posted on another site by a former Journalist and as the apology printed in the rhebel does not meet the standards required it is recommended that we inundate the IPSO with complaints to get a front page apology.

Perhaps someone with a journalists eye could create the worded complaint and we all use it to respond to IPSO?

Copied and pasted from other site:

The IPSO will take this very seriously.

The Record tried to bury this immediately, but it is too late, the damage has been done.

The IPSO will select one complaint to represent every other person who has also complained.

The IPSO will decide if their code of ethics has been breached [100% certainty), and mediate a solution between complainant and newspaper.

The Daily Record is a sitting duck here, they have f*cked up big time. They have printed utter lies, and for a national newspaper they have sunk to a new low which is despicable.

14 hours ago, thebooler said:

Why are the including the spoon  burners in the apology?

He was kicked out of Fester Road for committing child abuse!

Apology should only be to Rangers.

I would suggest it's because the spoon burners are the only club that complained. 

Our board dont have the balls to raise a complaint. 

Club 1872 is extremely concerned by reports of child abuse within Scottish football, and we wish to extend our sympathies to all those affected. We hope that the police, Scottish clubs and football authorities will work together to bring justice and support for victims who have come forward, and we encourage anyone who has yet to speak out to contact Police Scotland.

Earlier this week, the Daily Record newspaper printed an article that spuriously and erroneously linked Rangers Football Club with child abuse allegations. This gave rise to considerable anger and concern amongst our support. An apology had to be issued the following day. Given that the same newspaper was reprimanded by IPSO just months ago for printing fabricated stories about Rangers supporters at the Scottish Cup Final, this latest episode causes us serious concern.

If censure from IPSO itself is viewed as no more than an occupational hazard resulting in little or no change in reporting standards, then it is abundantly clear that other avenues will need to be explored in order to ensure that this newspaper and others report appropriately, factually and accurately on our Club.

Club 1872 is committed to defending Rangers Football Club and Rangers supporters against any inaccurate or unfair reports.

2 days to come up with that. Powderpuff pish

26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Club 1872 is extremely concerned by reports of child abuse within Scottish football, and we wish to extend our sympathies to all those affected. We hope that the police, Scottish clubs and football authorities will work together to bring justice and support for victims who have come forward, and we encourage anyone who has yet to speak out to contact Police Scotland.

Earlier this week, the Daily Record newspaper printed an article that spuriously and erroneously linked Rangers Football Club with child abuse allegations. This gave rise to considerable anger and concern amongst our support. An apology had to be issued the following day. Given that the same newspaper was reprimanded by IPSO just months ago for printing fabricated stories about Rangers supporters at the Scottish Cup Final, this latest episode causes us serious concern.

If censure from IPSO itself is viewed as no more than an occupational hazard resulting in little or no change in reporting standards, then it is abundantly clear that other avenues will need to be explored in order to ensure that this newspaper and others report appropriately, factually and accurately on our Club.

Club 1872 is committed to defending Rangers Football Club and Rangers supporters against any inaccurate or unfair reports.

2 days to come up with that. Powderpuff pish

Better late than never I suppose .... but as you say it is not very hard hitting ..... basically just a response .... :(

42 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I noticed the regarding spoke about the bheast mccafertty , Celtic and Neely and for once we weren't mentioned so something is working but the damage has been done by the cunts

(tu)

Exactly mate,

Something has to be done immediately there is any recurrence of future shady reporting trying to involve The Rangers in others' crimes.

Anyone in power at The Club must be aware that this is always happening .... and all these cunts come out with is a hidden excuse of an apology .... we must hit them harder and demand a very visible apology at the very least ..... or take the author and his editor to court and sue the bastards.

The minute after it hits the streets, action must be taken to nullify any threat to blacken our reputation .... how long does it take to identify this deliberate muckraking for what it is.