New low even for the Daily Record

K.A.I

19 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Wish we had some real characters behind us like Pastor Jack in these sad anti LUP days. :uk: 

Maybe one for a full thread discussion but do you feel sometimes we should step back from the ftpee stuff as all it does is give people a stick to beat us with...and get back to root political loyalism?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From SoS:

CASE FOR THE DEFENCE 

Our club has been seen as fair game for certain people in the media, anti Rangers bloggers and fans of opposing teams for years. 

Recently we have seen stories claiming our stadium is being used while unsafe, our club is being used to launder money and an ex captain had abused kids. All left unchallenged by the club but defended by us fans. Is it time to change our dignified silence stance? 

I'm aware of the pitfalls from going in all out attack as the time and list of potential targets would be endless but to leave them unchallenged allows those against us to claim they were right as they are never challenged. 

Even this morning readers of the Daily Record were informed that an ex coach had raped a child while working at our club when the same paper had previously printed that the coach had been sacked and police informed when he had actually verbally abused a kid. Surely this can't go unchallenged by our clubs hierarchy? 

For all we know the paper and club may have already opened discussions on the matter as the story appears to have been removed from their online site but if nothing else happens then how do the rank and file know if any action has taken place? If none is forthcoming then is it any wonder a total boycott of the paper is being muted yet again. 

I believe our fans deserve a very public visible defence from our club. We have endured years of attack from others who appear to get off Scott free regardless of the accusations and lies they tell. How long can this continue? 

Some of the stories used to attack our club and it's fans actually grow from seeds planted from within our own support. I recently spent 2-3 days keeping the good name of two Ulster bears out of a newspaper after a fellow bear made outlandish claims via his now disgraced blog. The blog was jumped on by anti Rangers bloggers and ended up on the news desk of a national paper. We really do score own goals at times when we have more than enough attacks from out with.  

Surely now is the time for our club to stand up publicly and strongly against the liars who attack us. Surely now is the time to make an example of those who have the largest audiences. Surely to remain dignified in silence has proven unsuccessful for too long. 

To defend our club is not a crime it is a simple human right. News outlets should think twice before writing a negative story but when it's easier to let the story run then deal with it in hindsight then that's what they will do. Remember the cup final? 

Pick three of the worst culprits with the largest audiences and hold them to task. Outlets would think twice if they knew they would be held accountable for inaccuracies. 

There's enough true stories out there to report on and if some of them are bad news then so be it but the nonsensical ones really should be challenged. 

Bloggers and Internet sites should not be exempt from accountability as in these days of journalists being made redundant and less time spent on investigative stories, these bloggers become sources for the main stream media as many journalists scour the Internet for their next lead. I know this to be true due to the speed of my own phone ringing after posting stories online in the past. 

Treating the issue at source could be the most productive policy. 

I've laid out my case for the defence and I know I'm not alone in my view as more and more prominent fans are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH to the endless attack from others. If nothing is done to protect our club then the fans will look to other methods to protect our clubs name and standing.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

7 hours ago, B1872 said:

Best we just contact Rangers direct then!

(tu)

You are right on the money mate, 

..... the correct route should be to send e-mails to the board directly, asking them what they intend doing concerning these disgusting implications being put into print.

But I would imagine that they would advise you to first get in touch with Club 1872 ...... so not looking good that any answer would be speedily forthcoming .....:(

I hate to say this .... but if our Club are not already making plans to counteract these serious allegations, then we are in for a rough ride, as the media up here will continue to spread their agenda to implicate us by alleged association until it is taken for granted (due to silence) that we are (wrongly) as involved as these other clubs .... who actually did take part in covering up this scandal.

I believe historically, our Club, as soon as any sniff of harm to youngsters was detected and reported, we then took the appropriate actions ethically and legally, and removed the cause from our Club.

But unless the Club are keeping there powder dry, in readiness for an assault on these and any other allegations ..... it puts itself in danger of continued accusations that will be paraded continually until we are being perceived as being as guilty as the rest.

I hope we are worrying for nothing mate .... and that wheels are in motion on our behalf .... and the blame for the scandalous cover ups are laid directly at the doors of the clubs, and the cowardly individuals concerned.

All clubs should be concerned for the real victims in this scandal ..... No club .... including our own, should put it's name before any crimes committed on the innocent.

This is the message that should be put out there, and the main culprits who have been covering up this scandal in the name of their club's "good  name", are now using to the full their compliant press buddies to keep down to a minimum there major role in all this.

The only headlines in the press should be .......

Celtic ...... are guilty of covering up crimes against youth ..... The Daily Record are complicit in this cover up.

:uk:

3 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

This 100%

Our club / board have never been any good at defending us or our club against these insidious attacks and knocking them on the head at the slightest hint of a defamatory comment or headline. As such the onslaught continues and will continue ad nauseum until someone who really "loves" the club stands up and is prepared to be counted.

This was the hope that we (well some of us) had invested in Rangers First and subsequently Club 1872, based on

"This community will also ensure Rangers supporters’ reputation and interests are promoted, defended and upheld in the media and across all other communication channels"

We were partakers of the same hope that this supporters representative would speak and act on our behalf to ensure that the good name of the club was never again dragged through same mire as before. It seems to me that they are more interested in buying up shares that they themselves will benefit from together with deciding who gets to sit in the directors box at he next home game.

The inactions of the few have the biggest impact on the many.

It would gie ye the fuckin' boak!!! 

Spot on.

If no statement is made from Club 1872 about this, I'll be cancelling my direct debit to them.  This is the last straw for me.

8 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Spot on.

If no statement is made from Club 1872 about this, I'll be cancelling my direct debit to them.  This is the last straw for me.

I agree mate, iv`e had enough of the silence from both the Board and Club 1872. I will wait till the end of this week to see if there is any statements made by either, if not....then i will cancel my Direct Debit to Club 1872.  

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

You are right on the money mate, 

..... the correct route should be to send e-mails to the board directly, asking them what they intend doing concerning these disgusting implications being put into print.

But I would imagine that they would advise you to first get in touch with Club 1872 ...... so not looking good that any answer would be speedily forthcoming .....:(

I hate to say this .... but if our Club are not already making plans to counteract these serious allegations, then we are in for a rough ride, as the media up here will continue to spread their agenda to implicate us by alleged association until it is taken for granted (due to silence) that we are (wrongly) as involved as these other clubs .... who actually did take part in covering up this scandal.

I believe historically, our Club, as soon as any sniff of harm to youngsters was detected and reported, we then took the appropriate actions ethically and legally, and removed the cause from our Club.

But unless the Club are keeping there powder dry, in readiness for an assault on these and any other allegations ..... it puts itself in danger of continued accusations that will be paraded continually until we are being perceived as being as guilty as the rest.

I hope we are worrying for nothing mate .... and that wheels are in motion on our behalf .... and the blame for the scandalous cover ups are laid directly at the doors of the clubs, and the cowardly individuals concerned.

All clubs should be concerned for the real victims in this scandal ..... No club .... including our own, should put it's name before any crimes committed on the innocent.

This is the message that should be put out there, and the main culprits who have been covering up this scandal in the name of their club's "good  name", are now using to the full their compliant press buddies to keep down to a minimum there major role in all this.

The only headlines in the press should be .......

Celtic ...... are guilty of covering up crimes against youth ..... The Daily Record are complicit in this cover up.

Been a lot of good posts on this thread Bobby. Have ran out of likes and used this to say I like this above.
We really hope that there wasn't a cover up, as that would be as bad as abusing kids.
One of the posters on this thread suggested that Lords involved at the state aid arena might even be complicit if not involved in the abuse.
Would any one on these pages be surprised if that was the case.
They seem to be fighting hard to make sure the finger is not pointed solely at them.   

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

From SoS:

CASE FOR THE DEFENCE 

Our club has been seen as fair game for certain people in the media, anti Rangers bloggers and fans of opposing teams for years. 

Recently we have seen stories claiming our stadium is being used while unsafe, our club is being used to launder money and an ex captain had abused kids. All left unchallenged by the club but defended by us fans. Is it time to change our dignified silence stance? 

I'm aware of the pitfalls from going in all out attack as the time and list of potential targets would be endless but to leave them unchallenged allows those against us to claim they were right as they are never challenged. 

Even this morning readers of the Daily Record were informed that an ex coach had raped a child while working at our club when the same paper had previously printed that the coach had been sacked and police informed when he had actually verbally abused a kid. Surely this can't go unchallenged by our clubs hierarchy? 

For all we know the paper and club may have already opened discussions on the matter as the story appears to have been removed from their online site but if nothing else happens then how do the rank and file know if any action has taken place? If none is forthcoming then is it any wonder a total boycott of the paper is being muted yet again. 

I believe our fans deserve a very public visible defence from our club. We have endured years of attack from others who appear to get off Scott free regardless of the accusations and lies they tell. How long can this continue? 

Some of the stories used to attack our club and it's fans actually grow from seeds planted from within our own support. I recently spent 2-3 days keeping the good name of two Ulster bears out of a newspaper after a fellow bear made outlandish claims via his now disgraced blog. The blog was jumped on by anti Rangers bloggers and ended up on the news desk of a national paper. We really do score own goals at times when we have more than enough attacks from out with.  

Surely now is the time for our club to stand up publicly and strongly against the liars who attack us. Surely now is the time to make an example of those who have the largest audiences. Surely to remain dignified in silence has proven unsuccessful for too long. 

To defend our club is not a crime it is a simple human right. News outlets should think twice before writing a negative story but when it's easier to let the story run then deal with it in hindsight then that's what they will do. Remember the cup final? 

Pick three of the worst culprits with the largest audiences and hold them to task. Outlets would think twice if they knew they would be held accountable for inaccuracies. 

There's enough true stories out there to report on and if some of them are bad news then so be it but the nonsensical ones really should be challenged. 

Bloggers and Internet sites should not be exempt from accountability as in these days of journalists being made redundant and less time spent on investigative stories, these bloggers become sources for the main stream media as many journalists scour the Internet for their next lead. I know this to be true due to the speed of my own phone ringing after posting stories online in the past. 

I've laid out my case for the defence and I know I'm not alone in my view as more and more prominent fans are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH to the endless attack from others. If nothing is done to protect our club then the fans will look to other methods to protect our clubs name and standing.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Not a bad article apart from the schoolboy howlers in spelling. However, I find it ironic that those who abused fellow fans are calling for action on abuse. SoS are even more of an irrelevance than Club 1872.

6 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Been a lot of good posts on this thread Bobby. Have ran out of likes and used this to say I like this above.
We really hope that there wasn't a cover up, as that would be as bad as abusing kids.
One of the posters on this thread suggested that Lords involved at the state aid arena might even be complicit if not involved in the abuse.
Would any one on these pages be surprised if that was the case.
They seem to be fighting hard to make sure the finger is not pointed solely at them.   

(tu)

You're right Scotty mate,

Only the scum would defend a Lord of the realm (a realm they despise) while defending their club.

But they are using their media contacts to do the fighting for them, and staying as far away from the the frontline as they can, letting others print their lies about our Club (that are without a doubt their battle instructions) while hiding like the cowardly dogs they are, hoping that when the dust settles they come out the other side with damage limitations they can live with after wrongfully trying to implicate us in their disgusting behaviour ......:power_of_anguish:

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

From SoS:

CASE FOR THE DEFENCE 

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Is this from SoS, Club1872, or CH?

24 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Not a bad article apart from the schoolboy howlers in spelling. However, I find it ironic that hoae who abused fellow fans are calling for action on abuse. SoS are even more of an irrelevance than Club 1872.

I heard that SoS deleted a load of comments today criticising the use of Mr Struth's name, commented on them, then banned them from replying.

Hardly the type of leadership we need at this moment in time from an 1872 board member. 

It's only my opinion though. 

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

Spot on.

I think they are seriously underestimating how damaging to them their completely inadequate response to this situation is going to be.  

What more do they need than such constant, blatant and damaging lies to take a stance. I have no idea what their purpose is. It's certainly not what I took for granted, when I was contributing. 

25 minutes ago, sonofbear said:

"celtic ...... are guilty of covering up crimes against youth ..... The Daily Record are complicit in this cover up."

This (tu) All day long !!

It makes ye wonder if this peadophile ring stretches as far as the press and media in our country.

18 minutes ago, sonofbear said:

"celtic ...... are guilty of covering up crimes against youth ..... The Daily Record are complicit in this cover up."

This (tu) All day long !!

(tu)

Apologies for the Capital C mate ..... I even hate writing the scum's name .... but it was to emphasise their fully intentional role in the cover up of the biggest scandal in Scottish if not British football ..... of which they were/are by a far, far distance the main participants ...... :power_of_anguish:.

38 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Not a bad article apart from the schoolboy howlers in spelling. However, I find it ironic that hoae who abused fellow fans are calling for action on abuse. SoS are even more of an irrelevance than Club 1872.

Find it a bit weak, quite wishy washy tbh. Far from hard hitting.

But it is more than the club or 1872 have released so at least it's something.

13 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Is this from SoS, Club1872, or CH?

It is strange that CH obviously wrote that piece for sos, but is one of the main people (by number of votes) in C1872 and as far as I can see not a peep from them.  

I wonder why he did not walk into Ibrox and tell some cunt that this has to be dealt with rather than writing a useless blog. 

1 hour ago, BluegeneBop said:

I agree mate, iv`e had enough of the silence from both the Board and Club 1872. I will wait till the end of this week to see if there is any statements made by either, if not....then i will cancel my Direct Debit to Club 1872.  

Agree totally here.Its pointless having a fans group that does not represent the best interests of the fans they claim to serve or indeed the club itself.

My main gripe is they are very reactive instead of pro active.It takes articles by other organisations and individuals such as the VB"s to practically shame them from their inertia.Sometimes even that isn't enough!

Small wonder the majority of fans I speak to have nothing good to say about them.Lack of trust would be a complete understatement.

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is strange that CH obviously wrote that piece for sos, but is one of the main people (by number of votes) in C1872 and as far as I can see not a peep from them.  

I wonder why he did not walk into Ibrox and tell some cunt that this has to be dealt with rather than writing a useless blog. 

Words are cheap. By their deeds shall ye know them.

19 minutes ago, markem said:

I think they are seriously underestimating how damaging to them their completely inadequate response to this situation is going to be.  

What more do they need than such constant, blatant and damaging lies to take a stance. I have no idea what their purpose is. It's certainly not what I took for granted, when I was contributing. 

It's difficult to explain what it is they actually do/have done. You look at their Twitter page, for example, and expect to see regular statements and communication with the fans, but they seem to just retweet whatever the offical club account posts.

22 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

From SoS:

I've laid out my case for the defence and I know I'm not alone in my view as more and more 1 -  prominent fans are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH to the endless attack from others. 2 -  If nothing is done to protect our club then the fans will look to other methods to protect our clubs name and standing.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I gave a like to SOS's blog,  as most of the content was much the same as all of our own input ...... but after reading it again I look at two points that caught my attention. 

1 - To me that means fans who are important ... and as far as I am concerned we are all important ..... not just the prominent ones who sit in the directors' box.

If more and more are concerned I hope a plan is being put into place by them to counteract recent and future malignant attacks on our Club .... after all they are in the position to make that difference being  prominent and all .... not to mention a direct line to the DR (when it suits)  ...... :P 

2 - It is all well and good to say that non-prominent (I take it) fans will look to other methods to correct the balance ..... but in what manner does the author (CH, I again presume) think these actions will be .... if the prominent fans, already in a prime position to make the difference can't do it ..... what does he expect the non-prominents to do that will make the difference ?