New low even for the Daily Record

K.A.I

45 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is strange that CH obviously wrote that piece for sos, but is one of the main people (by number of votes) in C1872 and as far as I can see not a peep from them.  

I wonder why he did not walk into Ibrox and tell some cunt that this has to be dealt with rather than writing a useless blog. 

He's not the guy who tells people he's the guy who gets told. A  figure of fun for the board to manipulate.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I gave a like to SOS's blog,  as most of the content was much the same as all of our own input ...... but after reading it again I look at two points that caught my attention. 

1 - To me that means fans who are important ... and as far as I am concerned we are all important ..... not just the prominent ones who sit in the directors' box.

If more and more are concerned I hope a plan is being put into place by them to counteract recent and future malignant attacks on our Club .... after all they are in the position to make that difference being  prominent and all .... not to mention a direct line to the DR (when it suits)  ...... :P 

2 - It is a all well and good to say that non-prominent (I take it) fans will look to other methods to correct the balance ..... but in what manner does the author (CH, I again presume)

think these actions will be .... if the prominent fans, already in a prime position to make the difference can't do it ..... what does he expect the non-prominents to do that will make the difference ?

:uk:

Good points BH, I must admit I just skimmed over it knowing who the author (probably) was and missed the difference in fan ranking :) I wonder what the author means by these different grades of fans and where he/her feel they are in the ladder of prominence ? :)

58 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is strange that CH obviously wrote that piece for sos, but is one of the main people (by number of votes) in C1872 and as far as I can see not a peep from them.  

I wonder why he did not walk into Ibrox and tell some cunt that this has to be dealt with rather than writing a useless blog. 

That's what I was hoping would be confirmed. How do 1872 feel about one of their board members releasing statements under the banner of another fan group?

Who even are the other fan group? Ie do SoS also have a board, and if so, who's on it?

And they say 1872 has no conflicts of interest.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's not the guy who tells people he's the guy who gets told. A  figure of fun for the board to manipulate.

I would normally agree with that S, but he was trying to have a go at the board I thought, and I cannot see why he would be told to do that, by the board ? Unfortunately I cannot believe a word he says. 

54 minutes ago, BF2 said:

It's difficult to explain what it is they actually do/have done. You look at their Twitter page, for example, and expect to see regular statements and communication with the fans, but they seem to just retweet whatever the offical club account posts.

They were the clubs idea, and they are operated by the club. 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I would normally agree with that S, but he was trying to have a go at the board I thought, and I cannot see why he would be told to do that, by the board ? Unfortunately I cannot believe a word he says. 

To make it look like he's against the board, without involving club1872. 

2 minutes ago, thebooler said:

That's what I was hoping would be confirmed. How do 1872 feel about one of their board members releasing statements under the banner of another fan group?

Who even are the other fan group? Ie do SoS also have a board, and if so, who's on it?

And they say 1872 has no conflicts of interest.

I wish I could answer these questions B, but I have no idea what C1872 would think. 

I assume sos is CH.  :unsure:

27 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Good points BH, I must admit I just skimmed over it knowing who the author (probably) was and missed the difference in fan ranking :) I wonder what the author means by these different grades of fans and where he/her feel they are in the ladder of prominence ? :)

(tu)

I'm sure CH sees himself as a Rangers everyman Bud ... capable (?) of being a bridge (that word again) between the board and the support and loved by all ...."Day dream believer" ... :P

2 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Agree totally here.Its pointless having a fans group that does not represent the best interests of the fans they claim to serve or indeed the club itself.

My main gripe is they are very reactive instead of pro active.It takes articles by other organisations and individuals such as the VB"s to practically shame them from their inertia.Sometimes even that isn't enough!

Small wonder the majority of fans I speak to have nothing good to say about them.Lack of trust would be a complete understatement.

The whole set up by King on this fans group thing was indeed a clever one .

It's one crock of shite for me . They do fuck all ,other than feel important ,probably get priority over tickets and hospitality .

And of course .the man King knew this would happen all along ,just like the assembly under DMs watch .

It's all just utter bullshit .

Wrong men running our club

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I wish I could answer these questions B, but I have no idea what C1872 would think. 

I assume sos is CH.  :unsure:

Possibly. I'm sure 1872 will preparing a statement as we speak absolving themselves of any involvement in the SoS statement.................

...............released by one of their board members. ?

8 hours ago, OhW said:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to create a "Don't Buy The Record" leaflet-type thing to distribute at games? Outlining the most blatant examples of their slander. I think a lot of our older, non-internet-savvy fans don't know the true face of this rag. I'm sure there are people who could do a better job than me, but if not I can create something and people could print copies of it if they want? Just a suggestion.  

Great suggestion .

The Sun are effectively banned from Liverpool over their claims about Hillsborough . 

I'd suggest that unsubstantiated claims regarding child sex abuse are as bad as claims made against Livepool fans .

The Jane Hamilton cup final story and the continued snidey digs and attacks really cannot be ignored .

This would be a massive GIRUY to the board and Club 1872 , as well as the courageous journalistic newspaper .

This should happen .

Could Chris Houston maybe get this looked at  , as I know he has experience of this sort of thing . I would like to make a donation for leaflets and billboard trailer hire . 

13 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

Great suggestion .

The Sun are effectively banned from Liverpool over their claims about Hillsborough . 

I'd suggest that unsubstantiated claims regarding child sex abuse are as bad as claims made against Livepool fans .

The Jane Hamilton cup final story and the continued snidey digs and attacks really cannot be ignored .

This would be a massive GIRUY to the board and Club 1872 , as well as the courageous journalistic newspaper .

This should happen .

Could Chris Houston maybe get this looked at  , as I know he has experience of this sort of thing . I would like to make a donation for leaflets and billboard trailer hire . 

Donations you say......?

Hi I'm Craig.

3 hours ago, BF2 said:

It's difficult to explain what it is they actually do/have done. You look at their Twitter page, for example, and expect to see regular statements and communication with the fans, but they seem to just retweet whatever the offical club account posts.

This 100%.Must be THE most secretive fan group in the world.There must be voices within it crying out for more transparency surely?Can only think these are being either totally ignored or marginalised.Either way this does not instill confidence in their ability to genuinely be a voice for us fans.Their silence is indeed deafening.

On 06/12/2016 at 11:23 AM, K.A.I said:

A lead story about a youngster being abused by Gordon Neely and his Dad beating Neely up ... in the clubs changing room he had the kid pull down his pants after saying he was bad and the other coaches all laughed 

the club in question was Hibs yet the picture is the gates of Ibrox 

Pals of our board the Record is 

just remember that 

let that sink in 

Remember they are aw Rangers fans who will defend us to the Hilt.

Is this not something the RFFF should be used for instead of that fucking stand that nobody will use, be impacted by or gives a fuck about? We could get a good lawyer and sue these bastards and put the final nail in their coffin!!!!!

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Fuxache, a thread about the scum and their press partners turns into digs about our own. :power_of_anguish:

To be fair mate, if CH had come out with this statement on behalf of Club 1872 (who have been extremely quiet during all this .... along with the board), I am pretty sure that he would, along with Club 1872, have been well (or better anyway) received.

This way ..... although SOS's points are valid, and echo what all fans are saying ...... it seems a wee bit left handed.

The Booler has already seen this to be the case and I have to agree with him ...... Why come out and say what he said under his SOS hat, but neglect to do it under his duly (?) elected Club 1872 hat ..... it all points to him drawing the spotlight away from this officially recognised fans group ...... why is that ?

Just because he and Club 1872 are getting (and very, very light, I must say), some criticism ..... it's not an all out attack,  it unfortunately (or fortunately) goes with the territory.