New low even for the Daily Record

K.A.I

2 hours ago, sammy cox said:

Why oh why is anyone surprised by what this fucking rag prints. This rag along with others has been at it for years ffs. Don't buy it,dont click on any links to it and drive this piece of shit into the ground financially. Until this rag is no longer published they will continue to print pish on a daily/weekly basis plain and simple.

The vast majority don't buy that rag and are not surprised with the complete bullshit they print, we as a support have and continue to do our part. It's over to the board to defend the club as is their fucking duty.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Bertent said:

We may know, but its not we whos hearts and minds need managing. 

Its as if news management is a dark art to the club, rather than a necessary evil in these days of brand protection and deliberate attack from the clubs enemies. 

It's the most henious crimes they are trying to attach our name to aswell.

I agree the board should be coming out and slamming the press and the politicians/leading figures in Scottish football for dragging their heels.

We got hung out to dry for much less regarding the tax carry on.

This inquiry is limited to processes and procedures in place. Therefore it won't find what wasn't recorded at the time. 

Edit: That in itself will be interesting to see what comes from Celtic, but I suspect they will hide behind the veil of 'it wisnae us it was the boys club'. Make no mistake there is zero appetite to publicly recognise the appalling failures at their organisation. 

18 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Knowing for a fact that absolutely nothing will be done about this by our "transparent" board or Club 1872 is absolutely soul destroying.

This 100%

Our club / board have never been any good at defending us or our club against these insidious attacks and knocking them on the head at the slightest hint of a defamatory comment or headline. As such the onslaught continues and will continue ad nauseum until someone who really "loves" the club stands up and is prepared to be counted.

This was the hope that we (well some of us) had invested in Rangers First and subsequently Club 1872, based on

"This community will also ensure Rangers supporters’ reputation and interests are promoted, defended and upheld in the media and across all other communication channels"

We were partakers of the same hope that this supporters representative would speak and act on our behalf to ensure that the good name of the club was never again dragged through same mire as before. It seems to me that they are more interested in buying up shares that they themselves will benefit from together with deciding who gets to sit in the directors box at he next home game.

The inactions of the few have the biggest impact on the many.

It would gie ye the fuckin' boak!!! 

16 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You barely need to have a high iq to challenge it either. 

For a start the Rangers link seems to be purely on an isolated accusation that was reported to police. No charges came from that accusation, it was dismissed. Why aren't they then demanding to know what accusations are they claiming that sick cunt got involved with whilst at Rangers. 

They may well be demanding to know, the editors are happy to publish shite and will ignore any questions.

We may get a wee apology in page 25 up in the top corner.

The agenda is clear, they want our club tarnished and will stop at nothing to do so.

If there ends up being a full independent enquiry then the club they appear to be trying to protect will be the club with most skeletons in the cupboard.

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

This inquiry is limited to processes and procedures in place. Therefore it won't find what wasn't recorded at the time. 

By that reasoning the press shouldnt be printing slander and innuendo about our club,but they do what they like. Its dangerous

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They may well be demanding to know, the editors are happy to publish shite and will ignore any questions.

The agenda is clear, they want our club tarnished and will stop at nothing to do so.

If there ends up being a full independent enquiry then the club they appear to be trying to protect will be the club with most skeletons in the cupboard.

The skeletons arent even in the cupboard,yet they as a club have barely been scratched. And they still protect them

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

By that reasoning the press shouldnt be printing slander and innuendo about our club,but they do what they like. Its dangerous

This rag and others like it have and will continue to print any pish they can to sell a few copies of their so called papers.This will not change until the law forces severe fines/penalties on these so called news papers and media outlets for spouting slanderous pish. Then when they know they will get hit with severe business threatening fines,real fines,real financial penalties, not two line appologies then their editors etc will maybe stop to think about publishing the pish that they do.

Just now, plumbGER said:

All these corrupt cunts that are currently working for the daily record are working for the same newspaper that brought that scummy bastards to light in the first place. There agenda will be less clear if justice gets its way and their own work colleagues are in court as witnesses. 

8 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

This 100%

Our club / board have never been any good at defending us or our club against these insidious attacks and knocking them on the head at the slightest hint of a defamatory comment or headline. As such the onslaught continues and will continue ad nauseum until someone who really "loves" the club stands up and is prepared to be counted.

This was the hope that we (well some of us) had invested in Rangers First and subsequently Club 1872, based on

"This community will also ensure Rangers supporters’ reputation and interests are promoted, defended and upheld in the media and across all other communication channels"

We were partakers of the same hope that this supporters representative would speak and act on our behalf to ensure that the good name of the club was never again dragged through same mire as before. It seems to me that they are more interested in buying up shares that they themselves will benefit from together with deciding who gets to sit in the directors box at he next home game.

The inactions of the few have the biggest impact on the many.

It would gie ye the fuckin' boak!!! 

Yet those of us who oppose this have been continually derided as not having the club's best interests at heart. Glad I stayed out.

45 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

As the inquiry (no laughing at the back) progresses the lies will worsen.

Your choice whether to stay in the loop as they come thick and fast or otherwise.

That's just it though, it's not an inquiry it's a review of "procedures and processes"

That's not even a well disguised code for "nothing to see here"

4 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

That's just it though, it's not an inquiry it's a review of "procedures and processes"

To be fair to SFA a review possible is what's appropriate. The EFA are holding an inquiry because the allegations are new and require an investigation. The SFA have known for decades that scum fc harbours pedophiles hence no need to any enquiries just a review of what is known as the "open secret"

But your right it'll just stay where it is in history if they bastards get their way. 

15 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The skeletons arent even in the cupboard,yet they as a club have barely been scratched. And they still protect them

They will have skeletons in the cupboard as well as the perpetrator (as found guilty in a court of law) who maintain innocence.

The arrogance of Torbett, to come out and say that, hopefully brings forward some more victims to speak up.

Really does make me sick that their vile club can do no wrong in the eyes of the media.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They will have skeletons in the cupboard as well as the perpetrator (as found guilty in a court of law) who maintain innocence.

The arrogance of Torbett, to come out and say that, hopefully brings forward some more victims to speak up.

Really does make me sick that their vile club can do no wrong in the eyes of the media.

Its disgusting how deep this goes wihin that club. Also curious that Partick arent mentioned in todays Rebel, even though there is evidence of abuse there too. Is it worth alsp pointing out clubs that are clean and looked after their young players? I was a youth at a club for a short time in the late 90's and they were brilliant with the youths

It's actually a disgrace they way we are being 'associated' with some of the stuff that's being reported - through images, inuendo or loose language. 

If I was the board I'd be coming out with some strongly worded statements, and slap lawyers letters on the desks of both the papers and the individuals who write the articles.

Board are filled with shitebags though. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Its disgusting how deep this goes wihin that club. Also curious that Partick arent mentioned in todays Rebel, even though there is evidence of abuse there too. Is it worth alsp pointing out clubs that are clean and looked after their young players? I was a youth at a club for a short time in the late 90's and they were brilliant with the youths

Well without wanting to be seen as point scoring, we know where it stems from with them.

Partick aren't big news, they probably have small youth set up.

Not sure if years ago Rangers had a lot of affiliated clubs before the days of most folk driving etc and thats whats holding them back?

I really don't know.

It's a worry for myself mate, as for any parent whos kids play football, my son plays for a local team and the coaches who run it are fantastic with the boys and do a lot for their development both at football and in life skills.

That brings me onto another point, his wee team are at the stage of some of them going pro-youth (some with both Rangers and them amongst others like Morton,Killie and S.Mirren) and we had a meeting and the manager said that if need be he could pick the phone up and contact other clubs across Scotland as he knew people at most clubs.

After McCafferty left the bheggars i'm sure hibs knew exactly the character they were getting.

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 11:23 AM, K.A.I said:

A lead story about a youngster being abused by Gordon Neely and his Dad beating Neely up ... in the clubs changing room he had the kid pull down his pants after saying he was bad and the other coaches all laughed 

the club in question was Hibs yet the picture is the gates of Ibrox 

Pals of our board the Record is 

just remember that 

let that sink in 

Our board and fans board should be all over this, as they are when it's a director or paid hand who's attracting press attention. 

Shocking doesn't even come close.

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to create a "Don't Buy The Record" leaflet-type thing to distribute at games? Outlining the most blatant examples of their slander. I think a lot of our older, non-internet-savvy fans don't know the true face of this rag. I'm sure there are people who could do a better job than me, but if not I can create something and people could print copies of it if they want? Just a suggestion.  

Brilliant suggestion :541:

1 hour ago, Falcoholic said:

I'll give them a hand with that review on their procedures. 

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concern"

Thats their review fucked right there. 

5 hours ago, gogzy said:

The fucked up, the way they write it implicitly says ""Neely, who died two years ago aged 62, has been accused of raping and abusing boys while working as a scout for Rangers and Hibs in the 1980s and 90s."

Now unless he was actually accused of any of this while he was at Rangers, then they have written a falsehood and we should pull them up on it.

Club1872, earn the money given to you by thousands of faithful fans and make a fucking statement about this at the very least.  Use some of that "project" money to hire a lwayer and fight these cunts.

No ifs,buts or maybes and it's only what right minded people would like.
We want this shite stopped fuckin yesterday.
Maybe dig deep for a lawyers letter which might be all it takes. 

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The Express in its reporting of this today states.

A string of former players have come forward to reveal their ordeals at the hands of child abusers in the professional game,claiming abusers targeted them at Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Motherwell and Falkirk.

Now as I understand it the only abuse at Rangers was a guy making an inappropriate suggestion to a young boy, he was fired and reported to the police, yet for the sake of balance in this bigoted country they have to link Rangers in with the rest of the criminals.

The stories will take arms and legs unless we challenge this shite through the courts.
The way the record made out these cunts dressed in sheets to scare kids will end up being the KKK.
You have to wonder where this will end if the board keep ignoring this type of association shite.
As far as we are aware,Neely got a fuckin pasting from the kids Policeman Dad so that fucked him being charged instead of just being sacked by Souness and Smith who did the right and proper thing and this cunt was never near any kids again.