SteveEarle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

That's Northen Ireland,,, go to the BBC Scotland page here  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland  click the link and it' takes you to the Scottish edit 

7 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Good interview for the most part Gordan but why didn't you launch an inquiry into this when you were in charge of Scottish football there have been rumours circulating about THEM for decades.

Probably wanting to keep his job.

I think he could have said a lot more but for some reason he's chose not too which begs the question, does he really not know that BJK or like others he's not wanting to fall out with anyone 

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Probably wanting to keep his job.

I think he could have said a lot more but for some reason he's chose not too which begs the question, does he really not know that BJK or like others he's not wanting to fall out with anyone 

But to come out now and want an investigation into the filth is stupid when he could have been the guy responsible for cleaning up Scottish football.

Unless someone made a complaint to the SFA when Gordon was there or the situation that is happening at the moment came about I think blaming him for not all of a sudden trying to start an inquiry is a little unfair. The SFA is also run by committee and the C E O has to work with that committee because they employ that person.

Just my opinion, and glad he has said today what he has. 

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Unless someone made a complaint to the SFA when Gordon was there or the situation that is happening at the moment came about I think blaming him for not all of a sudden trying to start an inquiry is a little unfair. The SFA is also run by committee and the C E O has to work with that committee because they employ that person.

If I recall, Smith was forced out via a campaign from celtic threatening a boycott over referees back in 2010. Reading between the lines of his statement he seems to be clearly having a strike back at them.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

If I recall, Smith was forced out via a campaign from celtic threatening a boycott over referees back in 2010. Reading between the lines of his statement he seems to be clearly having a strike back at them.

I cannot remember exactly but I thought he knew what he was saying today, and why he was saying it. 

6 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Oh yes indeed, those who laugh last and all that..

10 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It's good he said what he did but raising issues about cover ups back then may have brought the spotlight on this a lot sooner. Yes the mhedia and some in the football professions would have turned on him but to me it was a price worth paying after everything that's been coming out.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It's good he said what he did but raising issues about cover ups back then may have brought the spotlight on this a lot sooner. Yes the mhedia and some in the football professions would have turned on him but to me it was a price worth paying after everything that's been coming out.

I understand your point of view but I still think without a person making a complaint at the time he was CEO it would have been an impossible task.

It is like football mate, all about opinions and I think his interview yesterday was well timed and given with certain people in mind and hope he keeps up the pressure. (tu)

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I know if it wasn't topical at that time and he certainly would have been a target for the haters with accusations of having an agenda. This would have been a sad indictment on the sweepers due to the seriousness of the topic.

On Radio Scotland tonight, now calling for the scope of this "review" to consider those that could have done more to have prevented these beasts from working elsewhere. Can't find the interview but well worth a listen. Tea-time news broadcast, but he seems to be a lone voice in Scottish football...