The Auchenhowie Stand???

7 minutes ago, gmcf said:

There are various changing rooms , each with their own showers . 

Do you know how many?

Imagine all the development squads PLUS their opponents, are there enough to changing rooms with showers etc for them all?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Ace said:

Do you know how many?

Imagine all the development squads PLUS their opponents, are there enough to changing rooms with showers etc for them all?

It was quite a while ago but iirc there's a short tunnel that leads onto the main training pitch . To the right of that is the first team changing rooms . To the left of that , down a corridor are three or four other changing rooms , each with their own showers within the changing room . It was quite weird because the standard dropped the further you went . I don't think there was a specific age group per se at that time . There was also a smaller referees changing room . 

A wee bit of UPI . the only name put on a door at the complex was John Greig , who had his own office . That was because managers come and go , but JG was meant to be a lifelong ambassador . 

Edit . Pretty sure the opponents would have just used one of the other changing rooms and made sure we only played enough games we could have handled that . 

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Just checked the up to the minute website of RFFF. There is £483k in it. Well there was in February last year and no update since then.

Said on another thread, think Margaret Mitchell classic Civil War novel which became an award-winning movie.

15 minutes ago, gmcf said:

It was quite a while ago but iirc there's a short tunnel that leads onto the main training pitch . To the right of that is the first team changing rooms . To the left of that , down a corridor are three or four other changing rooms , each with their own showers within the changing room . It was quite weird because the standard dropped the further you went . I don't think there was a specific age group per se at that time . There was also a smaller referees changing room . 

A wee bit of UPI . the only name put on a door at the complex was John Greig , who had his own office . That was because managers come and go , but JG was meant to be a lifelong ambassador . 

Edit . Pretty sure the opponents would have just used one of the other changing rooms and made sure we only played enough games we could have handled that .

I think that's the issues the limitations of use because of the limitations of changing rooms & other facilities 

When there are regular threads about bloggers such as JJ making scurrilous allegations against us, why the fuck are we still talking about using a FIGHTING Fund to pay for a fucking stand? And what will it be called? The Craig Houston Memorial Stand? Get this idea to fuck and get some our haters in court, NOW.

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

I think that's the issues the limitations of use because of the limitations of changing rooms & other facilities 

It could well be . There'll be no chance anyone will use the first team dressing room , they even have their own nameplates on their lockers , but I would imagine the most they could handle on any given day would be two age groups at the one time . Tbh I'm not sure you would need any more than that as you could always reciprocate and play some of the age groups away to the team your hosting . 

Don't know for sure but whatever the reason, the proposed building is certainly much more than just a stand with a few hundred seats & I suspect the reasoning for its need is quite sound. 

IMO, using RFFF money to help improve our development squads would be exemplary.

I would also add that there will be no scheme or plan that will have the full backing of every fan, there will always be some form of objection to one proposal or another.

Rather than the money just sit there, gathering dust, I think it should be put to some use

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It needs spent on something worthwhile ... my biggest fear is one day that just get's handed to Club1872 for shares or something.

Now before anyone starts (from Club1872 or otherwise) that's not me saying it will happen or anything .. I'm just saying it's a fear of mine. 

I think that's a fear of quite a good few folk who might not want to go public with it...you ain't alone with your fears

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It needs spent on something worthwhile ... my biggest fear is one day that just get's handed to Club1872 for shares or something.

Now before anyone starts (from Club1872 or otherwise) that's not me saying it will happen or anything .. I'm just saying it's a fear of mine. 

From distant memory, I'm sure I read that's impossible due to certain financial laws (can't remember which one)

6 hours ago, gmcf said:

I don't know . 

I worked in it for a year while it was being constructed and other than the first team changing facilities which included showers , baths and even a sauna , there were 3 or 4 other changing facilities which standard diminished dependent as the age groups lowered . 

Not only is there a medical center but an indoor pool to help players rehabilitate from injuries . It really is a first class facility , though I must be going back nearly 20 years but I can't imagine anything drastic required other than something cosmetic . 

That sounds about right mate, I've only been in and about the youth side and that side alone has changing facilities home and away for around 4 age groups I think.

7 hours ago, Ace said:

Don't know for sure but whatever the reason, the proposed building is certainly much more than just a stand with a few hundred seats & I suspect the reasoning for its need is quite sound. 

IMO, using RFFF money to help improve our development squads would be exemplary.

I would also add that there will be no scheme or plan that will have the full backing of every fan, there will always be some form of objection to one proposal or another.

Rather than the money just sit there, gathering dust, I think it should be put to some use

Using money donated by fans to improve our infrastructure, why don't the board use their money, why are the fans paying for this

Imagine the previous regime offered up this idea, tge fan grouos would have kicked the doors of ibrox down to protest 

Said it at the time that this was not what the money was raised for. Again us fans did not donate for this and i for one would have like to see a us hire a barrister eand go after those who did the Rangers tax case blog and do not stop until we get the leak and then take HMRC to court expecially if we win the big tax case.

Failing that it's £500k the manager could be doing with to secure european football, this we do not need at the moment.  

29 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As usual money raised by us getting miss used by the club. 

If it had to be spent it should've been used on Ibrox so all of us can benefit from it. 

Might not suit everyone but some of it could be used to turn say the Copland front into safe standing.

At least something like that that the fans can see what there money went.

It would transform the atmosphere at ibrox over night.

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Btw Ace , I've no problem with the money being spent on a stand at Auchenhowie , though personally I'd like the idea of  a ' fans corner ' at a Rangers museum , should we ever get one . But either way , yes , it should be used on something tangible and everlasting . 

My main issue is we should wait just a bit longer to see the outcome of the BTC , because if this final verdict doesn't go our way , there will be the inevitable onslaught of stripping titles from the usual suspects , and I have little faith in our football authorities not standing up to them . It may still be needed for that . 

38 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Might not suit everyone but some of it could be used to turn say the Copland front into safe standing.

At least something like that that the fans can see what there money went.

It would transform the atmosphere at ibrox over night.

This was not why we built Ibrox, Ibrox was built before the Taylor report and any safe standing should be in both enclosures, but before that the whole stadium needs cleaned and both the plastic sides of the broomland and Copland replaced, while the toilets etc need up dating as well as more disabled toilets which the Copland does not have 

11 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Then the majority could be spent on something more important. Used to build a museum or convert Edmiston House into a club sports themed family bar/restaurant or something. Things that will. ensure a steady revenue stream. 

I'm sure I read there were plans for Edmiston House but nothing to do with Rangers. Might be wrong though!:lol:

13 hours ago, Ace said:

Use Club 1872 money for that. Use the Fighting Fund to FIGHT. That is the reason people donated. I notice it tends to be Club 1872 supporters who want to misuse the money. No wonder some don't trust this organisation.