Ibrox Stadium

The Godfather

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I feel our club should be showing at least the same ambition as Celtic and doing everything and anything we can to keep up with them financially. 

Unless you think Celtic are a bigger club than us with more fans than us?

Behave yourself, you're the one quoting them as a benchmark.

However, I do know from the experience of sitting in a less than full European semi final,that we have varying degrees of interest from the fans outside the hard core.

and if the GCC bring in the parking restrictions then we will see a drop in attendance, can't say how much.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

The novelty of a champions league night at ibrox never wears off 

I was speaking more of Europa league games, that's why I was using the Manchester analogy.

CL is unlikely next year.

1 hour ago, DP FC said:

and if the GCC bring in the parking restrictions then we will see a drop in attendance, can't say how much.

I don't buy in to this.  It's almost as if some would be using it as an excuse to not come.

There's trains, subways, and buses.  There's a park and ride not too far away.  Christ, it's only a 15/20 walk back to town.

To be honest Ibrox is the Main Stand nothing else, you show someone a photo of the back of the Govan they will just look at you. Show them a photo of the Main stand they will tell you it's the home of Rangers, I hate the fact it doesn't get more exposure during a game as it's just as impressive from the inside as the front. 

So on that note the other 3 stands can go whenever they like most of us never stood on the terraced slopes of Ibrox so we don't miss it, just the same applies to the young Bears who haven't yet sat in the current Ibrox, their Ibrox will be the one they live through. 

But for us all one thing remains the same that glorious Main Stand that will forever be the home of Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I don't buy in to this.  It's almost as if some would be using it as an excuse to not come.

There's trains, subways, and buses.  There's a park and ride not too far away.  Christ, it's only a 15/20 walk back to town.

Bit off topic in this thread but if everyone parked away from the stadium all your doing is moving the problem to another area and I would love to see our public transport deal with 40k folk all turning up at once. 

This is nothing more than a scam by GCC to make some extra money. 

9 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Bit off topic but anyone seen the videos of Spurs new stadium?

the concourse areas look tremendous. The hospitality areas as well. Don't like the generic design but if we could somehow match our interiors I would be all for that

I've seen it and tbh think it's slightly over the top for a football stadium looks more like a top floor bar and restaurant in Harvey Nics.

However I think hospitality is something that needs looked out. It's easy money to get people and sponsorships in.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Bit off topic in this thread but if everyone parked away from the stadium all your doing is moving the problem to another area and I would love to see our public transport deal with 40k folk all turning up at once. 

This is nothing more than a scam by GCC to make some extra money. 

They would all be dispersed though throughout.

I can understand though the reason residents will go for it.  I'm in Carntyne, and I get folk parking around my area on matchdays.  I'm glad they're enforcing it for them too.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

They would all be dispersed though throughout.

I can understand though the reason residents will go for it.  I'm in Carntyne, and I get folk parking around my area on matchdays.  I'm glad they're enforcing it for them too.

You can buy a permit, you do know that. 

Tell us where to park if we stop using the traditional areas? 

18/22 times a year it must be a bastard to put up with. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I am well aware you can buy a permit.  So, if you want to park there, purchase one.

If not, find an alternate area yourself or change your mode of transport.

Just now, Gaffer said:

I am well aware you can buy a permit.  So, if you want to park there, purchase one.

If not, find an alternate area yourself or change your mode of transport.

Right so it's got nothing to do with the residents or they would just say no parking unless you have a residents permit. 

But no the residents can go fuck themself according to GCC as long as they are getting their £10 a vehicle per game. 

You want to tell me and thousands others who travel on supporters buses from miles away just how we are meant to go about this? 

Please we are all ears. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Right so it's got nothing to do with the residents or they would just say no parking unless you have a residents permit. 

But no the residents can go fuck themself according to GCC as long as they are getting their £10 a vehicle per game. 

You want to tell me and thousands others who travel on supporters buses from miles away just how we are meant to go about this? 

Please we are all ears. 

Something needs to be done about supporters buses. The demand is huge and more and more are parking on PRW it's making it really bad at the end of games.

The club need to get a bit of land to put the buses in.

25 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Something needs to be done about supporters buses. The demand is huge and more and more are parking on PRW it's making it really bad at the end of games.

The club need to get a bit of land to put the buses in.

I agree mate, any redevelopment of the Ibrox area should include parking, but we both know GCC won't bother their arse. 

20 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

She is a beautiful stadium that needs some TLC.

She survived the blitz when other stadia can't survive wee gusts of wind without shite blowing off them.

Our frontage on the Main Stand is an integral part of footballing and architectural history.

You do know the blitz was in Clydebank.

5 hours ago, DP FC said:

Behave yourself, you're the one quoting them as a benchmark.

However, I do know from the experience of sitting in a less than full European semi final,that we have varying degrees of interest from the fans outside the hard core.

It will be the same as the Parking Restrictions around Hampden, will still be doable.

5 hours ago, Gaffer said:

You're eithe Mo Farrer or :kingbilly: . Takes me 45 minutes to get back to the central:duh:

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, kris1984 said:

Bit off topic but anyone seen the videos of Spurs new stadium?

the concourse areas look tremendous. The hospitality areas as well. Don't like the generic design but if we could somehow match our interiors I would be all for that

I'm not a fan of all of that for the football, it's a day out watching Rangers not a pampering experience.

All we really require just now is a good clean and repair job of the stadium...that in itself is going to be costly but it would be money well spent.

17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not a fan of all of that for the football, it's a day out watching Rangers not a pampering experience.

All we really require just now is a good clean and repair job of the stadium...that in itself is going to be costly but it would be money well spent.

Aye dobt have to go to the extreme like they have but having 1 type of food outlet, tellys that don't work etc. Isn't great. Could be modernised a bit and maybe we become more attractive as a location for concerts and make more coincide from it

4 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Aye dobt have to go to the extreme like they have but having 1 type of food outlet, tellys that don't work etc. Isn't great. Could be modernised a bit and maybe we become more attractive as a location for concerts and make more coincide from it

I think we need to get the basics done first before thinking that far ahead.

New seats, outside and inside touched up...we have been crying out for that for many years now.

I'm not sure when we will be in a position to even do that mind you, has King or any of the others ever been asked about this?

Govan rear has a few lights out on the roof and the usual toilets cud do with a upgrade just needs a bit of TLC .

We have 2 food  outlets now there's a new McGhee one which we have started using.

A carton of lentil soup and a roll for £3.00 plus pies ,rolls if you want other stuff.

They ran out of soup the first few games but seem okay now seem to realise the demand?

On 20/01/2017 at 2:04 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

18/22 times a year it must be a bastard to put up with. 

Non residents cannot buy a permit. Imagine the carnage on public transport at old firm games if the car parking ban goes through. Guess it is not just the snp government who fail to think things through before making plans.

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

Non residents cannot buy a permit. Imagine the carnage on public transport at old firm games if the car parking ban goes through. Guess it is not just the snp government who fail to think things through before making plans.

Going by what I've read mate it will cost £10 to park match day, mind you I've read it twice and it didn't make any sense both times. 

As you say an OF game will absolute carnage, as usual GCC not thinking things through properly.