Neil McCann

RangersMedia

Good player for rangers, great pundit with points I regularly agree with but unfortunately this would not ensure he would be an able manager: a manager is someone who gets the best out people, whilst Neil has a footballing brain, no doubt, we know nothing about his man management abilities. This might sound narrow minded but he's almost too nice to be a manager.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

Being able to make a judgement, good judgement tbf, of the game from the punditry box is apples and oranges compared to actually dealing with being a manager, never mind a manager the size of Rangers. 

Ridiculous that this is even being discussed tbh and that's coming from a guy that's got a lot of time for our Neil.

For the final time, I've never said he should be manager. 

9 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Christ - ok. I take it back, I like McCann, doesn't matter that he's a tim. I can see why I'm a terrier for think McCann is one ?

What fucking gibberish are you spouting?

Terrier? Ffs man.

So obvious what you are.

4 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Good player for rangers, great pundit with points I regularly agree with but unfortunately this would not ensure he would be an able manager: a manager is someone who gets the best out people, whilst Neil has a footballing brain, no doubt, we know nothing about his man management abilities. This might sound narrow minded but he's almost too nice to be a manager.

There isn't a too nice or a too bad. You need well ballanced. The posture changes to suit a situation or individual.

Neil appears a well rounded character and certainly knows the game. I don't know how he would be as a manager, but has all the basic attributes to give him a reasonable chance of success.

With MW we have an overpaid and pretty talentless bunch that play to a system that the manager is blinded by. This is not the road to success. Football is a very dynamic game. Every game is different as are the oppo players in them and strategy and tactics need to change to deliver the winning result. Sadly that is not the MW approach.

On 24/01/2017 at 0:15 AM, Ozblue said:

Neil McCann actually made two very valid points about Kenny staying central/ dropping deep and they both made sense in regards to our midfield and the way Warburton wants us to play.  His first point was (and I agree with him) that if we are going to put crosses into the box especially on a counter attack  then Kenny has to stay on the shoulder of the last defender,which he did for the Waghorn cross and not come so deep.

His second point was that if Kenny is coming so deep to collect the ball then our midfielders MUST be on the move in front of him to receive the pass; but that doesn't happen, which leaves us with no attack at all and we have to slow the play down meaning we then have ten opposition players defending.

I like the passing game Warburton uses, but I don't like us trying to walk the ball into the net hoping for a lucky ricochet off a defenders leg in a packed six yard box, so as McCann said about our central striker; are these the orders from Warburton or is it the player making the decision?.

Midfield has much to answer for. They either drop to deep or do not move into space when we play out from the back and offer very little going forward. Took the American lad 20 minutes to cut open that defence. How often do wee see that from the usual suspects?

They are static, univentive and lacking dig - you start to ask yourself what they are bringing. 

8 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

He was a great player for us and is one of the few who sticks up for us in the media. Cant really see a reason to dislike the guy but you bash on. 

Those are the reasons a tarrier would probably hate him, maybe thon hutton guy is a tarrier?

Who knows, there's been a few of them on here recently.

Great today again. Properly intelligent, insightful chat, instead of the usual intentionally controversial drivel, or over-analysis that looks intelligent but doesn't actually stand up that you get from most pundits. 

Really enjoy listening to him. Best pundit in the UK bar none. 

Billy Davies wasn't too bad as well (helped by not referring to himself in the 3rd person today). Refreshing wee analysis team.

He was class as a player and not only just for us and as a pundit

Should be a definate to take over davie provan on sky games he is annoying to my earsand nothing to do with his playing club. Its his monotone voice .

6 hours ago, Inigo said:

Great today again. Properly intelligent, insightful chat, instead of the usual intentionally controversial drivel, or over-analysis that looks intelligent but doesn't actually stand up that you get from most pundits. 

Really enjoy listening to him. Best pundit in the UK bar none. 

Billy Davies wasn't too bad as well (helped by not referring to himself in the 3rd person today). Refreshing wee analysis team.

Could listen to him all day.

Had a look at his playing clips and he was quality and not out of place in a team full of superstars.

On 25 January 2017 at 6:01 PM, billsim1984 said:

He was a great player for us and is one of the few who sticks up for us in the media. Cant really see a reason to dislike the guy but you bash on. 

you have to question why any bear would have a problem with that ^