Neil McCann

RangersMedia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Neil McCann actually made two very valid points about Kenny staying central/ dropping deep and they both made sense in regards to our midfield and the way Warburton wants us to play.  His first point was (and I agree with him) that if we are going to put crosses into the box especially on a counter attack  then Kenny has to stay on the shoulder of the last defender,which he did for the Waghorn cross and not come so deep.

His second point was that if Kenny is coming so deep to collect the ball then our midfielders MUST be on the move in front of him to receive the pass; but that doesn't happen, which leaves us with no attack at all and we have to slow the play down meaning we then have ten opposition players defending.

I like the passing game Warburton uses, but I don't like us trying to walk the ball into the net hoping for a lucky ricochet off a defenders leg in a packed six yard box, so as McCann said about our central striker; are these the orders from Warburton or is it the player making the decision?.

Dead on mate - I said to my lad on the way home that our midfielders rarely (if ever) get ahead of our attackers, unless it's because Miller's dropped really deep.

Almost as if we're trying to do the rotation & movement, but not fully committed to it.

If we do get it right, as you say, the time it takes us to execute it means that the opposition get everybody back & are impossible to break down!

9 hours ago, WGOH said:

But maybe he does know about coaching and does have good knowledge of the game? Why write him off? 

I'm simply pointing out that he's a pundit  McCann is not a proven coach or a manager.  He's a TV pundit.  Why the fuck would you want to put a pundit in charge of a club the size of Rangers

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has done all his badges and talks more sense than any present coach we have at the club. 

There's guys down my local park that have SFA badges should we out them in charge?  Here's an idea, why not put an actual manager in charge of Rangers?  Crazy concept I know but it seems to work for other teams.

6 hours ago, pcbear said:

If he took a job at any lower league club and made a spectacular success of it then done the same again with another club he might then come into consideration, atm he is a pundit who talks well  and can grasp whats going on in the match, pundits are 10 a penny good managers are not.

Exactly.  Absolute cringe seeing the wankfest that happens whenever a former player says something nice about the club.  Saying something nice on TV doesn't mean they would have a fucken clue how to run this club and be successful. 

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's guys down my local park that have SFA badges should we out them in charge?  Here's an idea, why not put an actual manager in charge of Rangers?  Crazy concept I know but it seems to work for other teams.

:hump:

58 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm simply pointing out that he's a pundit  McCann is not a proven coach or a manager.  He's a TV pundit.  Why the fuck would you want to put a pundit in charge of a club the size of Rangers

this guy done ok

souness.jpg

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm sure you can show where I said he should be manager ?

But listening to him talk and how he thinks you should playing the game he should definitely be coaching the lads at auchenhowie

Not a McCann fan. He played well for us, and knows what it is to be a rangers player, however he is a self confessed Celtic  fan who was a Neil Lennon critic until Lennon joined him in the studio post match a couple of seasons back and he was utterly spineless. Any true Rangers man would never have had their tongue so far up the wee ginger pr***'s arse.

5 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Not a McCann fan. He played well for us, and knows what it is to be a rangers player, however he is a self confessed Celtic  fan who was a Neil Lennon critic until Lennon joined him in the studio post match a couple of seasons back and he was utterly spineless. Any true Rangers man would never have had their tongue so far up the wee ginger pr***'s arse.

Fuck up.

27 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

:lol: Aye, nae bother.

Always remember as a boy going back to ibrox after we won the league at the piggery in 99 and seeing McCann. Everyone surrounding him giving him the adulation for his 2 goals and one guy saying, well done wee man, even though yer a tim..... McCann seemed bealing and snapped back, am no a fucking tim, right! 

58 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Deary me. 

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

Between this cunt and SirMW we have two tarriers that just post pish on this forum. 

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

Blithering pish.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Between this cunt and SirMW we have two tarriers that just post pish on this forum. 

Christ - ok. I take it back, I like McCann, doesn't matter that he's a tim. I can see why I'm a terrier for think McCann is one ?

15 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has done all his badges and talks more sense than any present coach we have at the club. 

Being able to make a judgement, good judgement tbf, of the game from the punditry box is apples and oranges compared to actually dealing with being a manager, never mind a manager the size of Rangers. 

Ridiculous that this is even being discussed tbh and that's coming from a guy that's got a lot of time for our Neil.

3 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Fuck up ya prick 

I like McCann. He was one of my favourite players as a kid. He is probably the only pundit I have time for. Every other cunt just talks pish and does my head in.

As for Tanner i think that's just his job. Needs to stay neutral and ask questions even if they do sound like he's having a dig at us.