Smile

Should Warburton get another season if we finish second  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton get another season if we finish second

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he's akin to the curate's egg, good in places.

In the last 13 months he has shown a stubbornness to change his attitude toward  tactics, style and philosophy. 

He has learned nothing about Scottish football in his time with us, it's his way or the highway.

Therefore, I choose the highway, M74 southbound.

The only way to be here next season for me is a finishing the last half season strongly and by that I mean 4-6 points from beggars and sheep and win the majority of others giving us a 10-12 gap towards 3rd and consolation of a cup win.  

Far fetched with these half arsed players but they are hid after all and he better start demanding high standards

14 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think the soundbites are more to make him look good for his next job, he knows he's gone in the summer.

Probably but they are fucking ridiculous.

The development club one was possibly one of the worst quotes I've ever heard from a Rangers manager. 

That might sound good down at Leyton Orient when you use the loan players to help stave off relegation to league 2 but up here at the biggest team in the country? 

Should be sacked alone for shocking comments like that. 

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

According to Jamie Fullarton Warburton was offered a managers job in the English championship within the last 3 weeks and turned it down.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt though as Jamie Fullarton talks absolute pish.

Who the fuck is jamie Fullerton 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Probably but they are fucking ridiculous.

The development club one was possibly one of the worst quotes I've ever heard from a Rangers manager. 

That might sound good down at Leyton Orient when you use the loan players to help stave off relegation to league 2 but up here at the biggest team in the country? 

Should be sacked alone for shocking comments like that. 

I 100% agree with the point you're making but he never said development club, Sutton did to paraphrase his comments on protecting Hyndman.

5 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Yes he should - he needs a financial backing that our board won't give. 

Nobody will catch them without investment.

It could be the board aren't offering him more money because they realise he's not the man to take us forward,

They can see the results table the same as us and it's not good enough.

Say what you like about broken promises but the shambles he made with this years signings, they'd be mugs to throw more money at him.

Voted Yes. But that could all change in the coming months. If we finish second by a decent points margin and he gets money to spend, then I'll give him a crack the the title. We need to have a good showing in Europe too. An early exit at the start of next season could spell the end for him too.

Rapid improvement is needed at this time

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

I 100% agree with the point you're making but he never said development club, Sutton did to paraphrase his comments on protecting Hyndman.

Am probably getting carried away but I'm 100% sure he said "protect the interests of Bournemouth". That is it in a nutshell. Protect the interests of fucking Bournemouth when you're the Rangers manager? Joke IMO. 

6 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Who the fuck is jamie Fullerton 

Ex player who played with a host of clubs including St Mirren (had to google). He was the manager of Notts County and got sacked after 2 months but thinks he's some sort of coaching guru who's in the know and regularly talks shite on sportsound.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Am probably getting carried away but I'm 100% sure he said "protect the interests of Bournemouth". That is it in a nutshell. Protect the interests of fucking Bournemouth when you're the Rangers manager? Joke IMO. 

As I said I agree completely. Thought you meant he actually called us a development club, a few people on here have said he did.

6 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Not sure at the minute. Has to win every game til the end of the season for me. Said that two weeks ago mind you.

But if whoever is the manager funds are needed to replace all the dross we have.

If we win every game till the end of the season then what we have won't be dross

We have had poor teams and poor managers in the past but in 50 odd years of watching the bears Wednesday was the first time I can recall a Rangers team actually throw in the towel,it wasn't just getting beat it was humiliating. One of the iconic sights in Scottish football is Jim Baxter playing keepie up at Wembley and I always wondered why none of the England team didn't kick him up in the air. Well Wednesday was our Baxter moment, for the last twenty minutes hearts players were taking the piss yet not one Rangers player gave a fuck(not even supposed diehard Halliday). This proves the management and players don't have a clue what our club is all about(and I include legend my arse Davie Weir). I don't support boycotts,tannadice showed they don't work anyway,so how do we show our dissatisfaction with what is going on. We can't walk out on the 72nd minute as most cunts do that already,maybe we choose the next home game after Ross county and enter the ground ten minutes after kickoff,I don't know the answer but we are going nowhere under this setup and if season ticket sales go the way I fear they will then we are fucked.  PS could BP9 please refrain from replying to this post as I feel bad enough after Wednesday without your Pish 

Nope and the fact he's now coming out and saying the points gap will only get bigger between now and the end of the season is shocking.

He might only be telling the truth but in public he should be saying things like "we'll fight to close the gap as much as we can etc". Coming out admitting you will lose games before they are played is horrifically bad management.

The scary thought is we still have to go away to Aberdeen and them lose those two games and we could be potentially 31 points behind with a quarter of the season to go.