Ignoring them, what players in the SPL would get into our team

Dlydon81

Fod looked far sharper this season with a decent reserve keeper ready to take his place. I wonder now whether he will get too comfy now Gilles has gone and his form will drop. He worries me with his pissing about with the ball at times and every backpass worries me. 

Miller and Hill are the only 2 I feel genuinely play to their best most weeks and give me confidence and they cannot hold the team together much longer. Yesterday you could see the Ross County players chasing every ball down whereas half our team looked decidedly half hearted at times.

I still feel we have some decent players who just for some reason haven't clicked together and it would be great to have a crystal ball to see if a fresh management/coaching  style was the missing link. Maybe it's not just the players we should be looking at.

Sadly you just don't know if the grass is greener on the other side until you try it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Cummings over Miller?

You on smack?

Miller is 37 and will only go downhill from here, Cummings is still young and has good potential

Guest Lloyd72
6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Patterson isn't great, neither is Mcginn

Yea don't think Paterson is a much better defender than Tav tbh only think he'd be an improvement because he doesn't pull out of tackles and always gives 100%. Think mcginn is still far better than Halliday and would be a decent squad player to have.

The depressing thing is that the majority of our team and squad would still walk into, hold down a regular place and be any other team in the SPL's (outwith Celtic's) best player.

Which makes our management and coaching staff's failings even more alarming. 

Cunts like O'Halloran, Halliday, Dodoo, Holt, Garner, McKay do absolutely nothing for me but if they were at the likes of Hearts, Dundee, Kilmarnock you name it they'd be their mainstays. 

6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Cummings over Miller?

You on smack?

If the evidence of this week is to be believed, 3 games in 8 days is a step too far for Kenny.

Making him a squad player if we were lucky enough to get a Euro run.

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, BluebearDory said:

Fod looked far sharper this season with a decent reserve keeper ready to take his place. I wonder now whether he will get too comfy now Gilles has gone and his form will drop. He worries me with his pissing about with the ball at times and every backpass worries me. 

Miller and Hill are the only 2 I feel genuinely play to their best most weeks and give me confidence and they cannot hold the team together much longer. Yesterday you could see the Ross County players chasing every ball down whereas half our team looked decidedly half hearted at times.

I still feel we have some decent players who just for some reason haven't clicked together and it would be great to have a crystal ball to see if a fresh management/coaching  style was the missing link. Maybe it's not just the players we should be looking at.

Sadly you just don't know if the grass is greener on the other side until you try it.

It was clear as day he's lost the dressing room everyone apart from King can see it

Just now, bluchoo said:

Outwith Mckay il bet you his transger fee is bigger than anyone in our squad

Nothing to do it with his ability, our fees as shite because our club is run like a backstreet brothel and buying clubs know we are skint.

He's playing in the second tier for the second year in a row ffs :duh: he's pure amazing though :lol:

47 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Nothing to do it with his ability, our fees as shite because our club is run like a backstreet brothel and buying clubs know we are skint.

He's playing in the second tier for the second year in a row ffs :duh: he's pure amazing though :lol:

Kenny Miller not play there for 2 years in a row?

Granted hes no Kenny Miller but his value is still more than anyone we have, and id take him before Garner, Dodoo or Waghorn. 

So because our finances are shit our players are undervalued? 

:snapoutofit: there just not good enough 

Deluded :facepalm:

We are a team that is full of average SPFL standard players. Miller and Hyndman with Mackay in flashes are pretty much the only ones keeping us up nearer the top end. Take them out and we could struggle to stay in the top six. The football this current side play is some of the worst in the league - the league is full of shite teams but at least some of them have a bit of fight in them. 

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I wouldn't.

Miller is our best player, he's the only one who scores goals and does so in big games. He's well past his best but I'd still have him over that over rated wee wank stain.

Cummings is just another Riorden, a hero to Hivs but will do fuck all else in his career. Fuck having that wee cock at Rangers. A 37 year old Miller over him any day of the week 

I like what Miller can being to the table but he is no where near our best player. He has played 22 times un the league and scored 6 goals. Not bad but its certainly not great.

None of the other strikers, other than Garner have been given a good run of games. Dodoo has started like one game and then been brought on in the last 10 minutes. 

Whether he is better than Cummings is another matter but how you can say he is our "best player" is a bit much. He is bound to score a few goals, he has played more than any one else and is also given more chances especially in the big games so naturally he is going to score every now and then.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Tansey ICT adds strength and physicality to midfield 

Moult - Motherwell adds Goals

Walker - Hearts adds width and class

Mckean- Aberdeen adds guile and goals from midfield 

Was going to add him to the list as well.  According to footie manager he is a rangers fan as well lol.   And although he's in the championship would have another look at that Craig Sibbald.

Another thing I was wondering about Warbs,,, he signed that young CB  we had on loan from Raith,, but has the young lad actually played for us yet?  I mean you bring him in on loan to have a look at him and try before you buy sort of thing,, so why had he not even had one game before being signed,, I cant remember him playing yet,, correct me if I'm wrong there tho

53 minutes ago, Camshy said:

I like what Miller can being to the table but he is no where near our best player. He has played 22 times un the league and scored 6 goals. Not bad but its certainly not great.

None of the other strikers, other than Garner have been given a good run of games. Dodoo has started like one game and then been brought on in the last 10 minutes. 

Whether he is better than Cummings is another matter but how you can say he is our "best player" is a bit much. He is bound to score a few goals, he has played more than any one else and is also given more chances especially in the big games so naturally he is going to score every now and then.

He is quite clearly our best player, I have no idea what you are watching if you think it's someone else in that team......

9 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I wouldn't.

Miller is our best player, he's the only one who scores goals and does so in big games. He's well past his best but I'd still have him over that over rated wee wank stain.

Cummings is just another Riorden, a hero to Hivs but will do fuck all else in his career. Fuck having that wee cock at Rangers. A 37 year old Miller over him any day of the week 

Cummings is only 20 years old.  He has the next ten years to make a career in football.  You're writing this young lad off why?  Because you don't like Hibs?  Is it because of his hair?  Give yourself a shake ffs.  

Miller is 17 years older than Cummings.  I can appreciate many like Miller because he's scored against Celtic a few times but the guy's a very poor football. Hard work has always made up for his lack of footballing ability but he's near enough 40 now and shouldn't be anywhere near a Rangers jersey.