Andy Halliday - He is one of us!

Ger77

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bluebear11 said:

Falkirk at home when we went 2 nil down big Lee got booed for his few few touches then the real fans started applauding him to drown it out. We drew 2-2.

But he's said twice now that the fans booed him every time he touched the ball. I know the game you are referring to but he's being a dick as usual trying to make something out of very little by exaggerating it. 

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

The game at Hampden last season he played like a true Rangers fan, it looked like it meant something to him now that attitude seems to have disappeared and he acts like he's already made it. 

His game that day was all about energy, covering every blade of grass and getting in peoples faces. We're trying to play him as someone who sits there in front of the defence, doesn't move much and controls the game with his ability on the ball which he doesn't have. No surprises he's been poor this season in my view.

3 hours ago, Bluebear11 said:

Falkirk at home when we went 2 nil down big Lee got booed for his few few touches then the real fans started applauding him to drown it out. We drew 2-2.

I was there, and I was giving him pelters the whole game as he was fucking rank rotten, again.

I didn't boo him at 0-2, but to be honest I was calling out ever mistake and misplaced pass 10 seconds before it happened. He was never a defender and should never have been played there. But he took the money and did it anyway, doing no one any favours.

I see a BIG correlation with Halliday, his status and his playing "out of position". Being a Rangers supporter should make no difference when it comes to being picked to play. Best man for the job, every time.

2 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I was there, and I was giving him pelters the whole game as he was fucking rank rotten, again.

I didn't boo him at 0-2, but to be honest I was calling out ever mistake and misplaced pass 10 seconds before it happened. He was never a defender and should never have been played there. But he took the money and did it anyway, doing no one any favours.

I see a BIG correlation with Halliday, his status and his playing "out of position". Being a Rangers supporter should make no difference when it comes to being picked to play. Best man for the job, every time.

What's he meant to say? No, boss, sell me as I don't want to play there?

43 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What's he meant to say? No, boss, sell me as I don't want to play there?

He is meant to be honest with himself and his employer and clearly state that I am not good enough to play in that position.

By not showing that honesty around his own abilities he brought about his own demise in the eyes of many Rangers supporters. He could have requested he not be selected for that position as he didn't believe he could do it justice. It could have meant he ended up on the bench and eventually sold - or not given a new contract. He chose to go with the pretense of being a defender and ended up a frigging failure in the position.

He had a choice. He made his and it ended up badly.

His choice.

7 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

He is meant to be honest with himself and his employer and clearly state that I am not good enough to play in that position.

By not showing that honesty around his own abilities he brought about his own demise in the eyes of many Rangers supporters. He could have requested he not be selected for that position as he didn't believe he could do it justice. It could have meant he ended up on the bench and eventually sold - or not given a new contract. He chose to go with the pretense of being a defender and ended up a frigging failure in the position.

His choice.

Aye a Rangers fan saying I'm not playing would have made him look a lot better.  

1 hour ago, MaddistonKnight said:

His choice.

You have absolutely zero idea of what he thinks or what he has 'chosen'. :duh:

14 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

His choice.

Would probably be the first footballer in history to do it, but don't let that stop you from spouting absolute shite. 

His choice.

You see this is the same crazy ass thinking that folk spouted about Ally McCoist.  

it's a job, a well paid job that means they want to do it as long as possible and have zero thoughts about anything else other than them and their family. Just like the vast majority of people in work. 

His choice.

The difference between the 2 is I don't believe Lee ever said he was a defender and felt comfortable in that position, he just kept his mouth shut, took the money and played to the best of his ability I believe....

Halliday is different, he's done at least 2 interviews, recent interviews, where he states that he thinks DM is his best position in this team.....it suits his style of play and his attributes....

Unsure by saying "It's my best position in this team" that's him saying he's happy playing there OR he knows that Mckay is a better left sided midfielder/winger but if he's showing some understanding of the position in training (I assume he must be) and he's telling the manager he's happy in that position then Warburton is right to try him there, especially with Barton/Rossiter not being available.

Now it's not working clearly it should be changed but the blame is all at Halliday's door.

Either try your best for the team to do a job and don't say nothing (like Lee) OR speak up and say you don't feel comfortable there, don't do interviews saying you're happy and comfortable in that position then play as shit as he's been playing!

14 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Aye a Rangers fan saying I'm not playing would have made him look a lot better.  

Who said anything about him saying he wasn't playing? I clearly state he could have requested he wasn't to be picked for the defensive position which all evidence proved he was crap at.

By toiling on he did himself no favours. Who's fault is that?

15 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

His choice.

Fuck me! :lol:

Iv seen some shite posted on here but that is up there with the most riculous posts I've ever seen! 

1 minute ago, Lance1697 said:

The difference between the 2 is I don't believe Lee ever said he was a defender and felt comfortable in that position, he just kept his mouth shut, took the money and played to the best of his ability I believe....

Halliday is different, he's done at least 2 interviews, recent interviews, where he states that he thinks DM is his best position in this team.....it suits his style of play and his attributes....

Unsure by saying "It's my best position in this team" that's him saying he's happy playing there OR he knows that Mckay is a better left sided midfielder/winger but if he's showing some understanding of the position in training (I assume he must be) and he's telling the manager he's happy in that position then Warburton is right to try him there, especially with Barton/Rossiter not being available.

Now it's not working clearly it should be changed but the blame is all at Halliday's door.

Either try your best for the team to do a job and don't say nothing (like Lee) OR speak up and say you don't feel comfortable there, don't do interviews saying you're happy and comfortable in that position then play as shit as he's been playing!

At least you get were I was coming from, unlike a few on here.

Lee was awful as a defender, terrible positional sense and continually dropped off to play people onside.

30 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You see this is the same crazy ass thinking that folk spouted about Ally McCoist.  

it's a job, a well paid job that means they want to do it as long as possible and have zero thoughts about anything else other than them and their family. Just like the vast majority of people in work. 

He was on a lucrative contract. He got paid regardless, so why put yourself up for ridicule?

How does playing shit help him? He won't get another contract if he isn't good enough anyway, so I fail to see your point. 2 years in defence, 2 years in the stiffs - he would get paid. I had no issue with him being at Rangers, he had a contract, but he was appalling as a defender and if he didn't know it, well, that's a farce.

1 minute ago, MaddistonKnight said:

At least you get were I was coming from, unlike a few on here.

Lee was awful as a defender, terrible positional sense and continually dropped off to play people onside.

Aye he struggled in defense, never was a defender and never had the awareness needed but personally i'll still always respect anybody in a Rangers kit who plays out of position for the good of the team and gives it their best. He could've asked to be dropped and sat on the bench, he'd have earned the same amount of money, so respect him for taking one for the team and trying, at that point i'm not sure who else could've played there!

What we can't have is people spouting shit to the manager/press/fans saying they can play somewhere they can't, far too many of this current team talk so much shit on social media/papers about how they can do this and that, then make a complete arse of themselves.....if Halliday (using him as an example but others are the same) is telling the press he thinks that position is good for him, he enjoys it etc etc then what is he saying to Warburton behind closed doors?! 

On 05/02/2017 at 2:18 PM, Ger77 said:

I love it when we have a kid that has grown up watching Rangers and then goes on to play with the club. Let's face it, we would all have died happy to have been given a similar opportunity.     I'm sure there will be many that the would suggest that such a player should be entitled to special treatment and be 'given a break' when their performances are poor and results likewise.  Andy Halliday has grown up watching the team he supports being driven to success by skill, pride, commitment, hard work and a never ending no surrender team spirit.   Should there be special treatment? Perhaps, but not for Andy Halliday and nor would he expect it. We are Rangers!                 Lift your head son, improve your performances quickly, get Rangers into the hearts of your teammates  and help get us back to where we belong.

Andy Hailday is one of us,  and you are right in saying that anyone of us would give our left nut to pull on our colours and play at Ibrox even if it was as a last second time wasting substitute.  Haliday gets a lot of leinancy because of his affinity with the club but this does not make up for the lack of effort...  He needs to do more and as a boy that grew up supporting the club he should know that he needs to do far more than he is. 

11 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Who said anything about him saying he wasn't playing? I clearly state he could have requested he wasn't to be picked for the defensive position which all evidence proved he was crap at.

By toiling on he did himself no favours. Who's fault is that?

The manager.

No player at any level would say boss 'I'm not playing in this position because I cant '.  Imagine how that would look... so Mark why wasn't Andy Halliday playing? aw he didn't fancy it today.

Ridiculous thing to say. Of course Andy Halliday is a Rangers fan but at the end of the day playing for Rangers is his job and he has bills to pay like the rest of us.

Just now, MaddistonKnight said:

He was on a lucrative contract. He got paid regardless, so why put yourself up for ridicule?

How does playing shit help him? He won't get another contract if he isn't good enough anyway, so I fail to see your point. 2 years in defence, 2 years in the stiffs - he would get paid. I had no issue with him being at Rangers, he had a contract, but he was appalling as a defender and if he didn't know it, well, that's a farce.

You are trying way to hard to try and convince people that Andy Halliday should have handed himself in the the gaffer for being poor at football in this chosen position. 

I would have imagined before he signed the boss would have outlined where he was to play.

"oh no boss a canni play there if i'm being honest so don't buy me, don't pay me more money than I could ever earn at this game and don't allow me to play for the team I love, I think I might be offered a job at Torquay City"

you can stop any time soon

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You are trying way to hard to try and convince people that Andy Halliday should have handed himself in the the gaffer for being poor at football in this chosen position. 

I would have imagined before he signed the boss would have outlined where he was to play.

"oh no boss a canni play there if i'm being honest so don't buy me, don't pay me more money than I could ever earn at this game and don't allow me to play for the team I love, I think I might be offered a job at Torquay City"

you can stop any time soon

Not at all - and the post you commented on was about McCulloch

Regards Halliday, I was under the impression he was a left midfielder, not a defensive midfielder. If he was brought in to play at DM, more fool Warburton. And if Halliday actually thinks he's a DM, he's deluded.

Either way, it's Rangers that are suffering. Are you not angry about that? Don't you think Halliday is stealing a wage? It's all very well being a smart arse, but the bottom line is what it is. And I think its a joke. But feel free to defend someone who is "one of us" when frankly he shouldn't be.

I have worked with too many wage thieves to give them the time of day.