18 million invested already

eosmhdo

DCK:

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail.

‘From the discussions I have to date I think there are other people who would come with me.

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

King’s public statement of intent piles further pressure on the board ahead of Wallace revealing the long-awaited results of his review.

The Castlemilk-raised entrepreneur believes a share issue should be part of the plan.

‘It (a share issue) is going to have to happen at the beginning of next season,’ he continued. ‘As things stand at the moment with the club, and from the terms of the money that has been borrowed from Laxey Partners, it’s clear there is financial distress.

‘You have to invest quite a bit in the current squad ahead of getting to the top division. That would be in the hope it could be a relatively seamless process.

‘I would think Ally needs a minimum of £5m for next season. No disrespect to the current squad, they have won League One by a mile and done very well. But that squad might not win the league next year. Hearts might be there and other strong clubs.

‘If we want it to be a seamless process to make sure we not only win next year but have a squad that can begin to compete, then I think Ally needs a minimum of £5m in wages and then a very big chunk the following year to compete with Celtic.’

4 year plan from March 2015.

30m of his own money.

Probably 20m of others money.

He also stated elsewhere front loading. Ie more up front in years 1 and 2 than 3 and 4.

Slightly adrift Dave. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Malkster said:

18 mil..............my arse!

We've put in more than that in ST money during the mendacious one's time at the helm. Where's the fucking rest gone?

Then, where the fuck is King's investment? Oh right, he meant our money.

A forensic financial audit needed. Where the fuck is SARS when you need them?!

16 hours ago, PRW. said:

Just dealing in facts mate. Fact is they have put in £14m, as it said in the accounts around September time. 

King is suggesting another £4m has come in since then.

Instead of shouting "ye talk shite!" away look at the accounts.

Youre not deaing in facts though.

The September accounts showed £10m in loans at year end with a further £2.9m since year end.  The difference in Kings calculation is the amount they all paid for the shares.

Squirrel accounting, its called.

3 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Youre not deaing in facts though.

The September accounts showed £10m in loans at year end with a further £2.9m since year end.  The difference in Kings calculation is the amount they all paid for the shares.

Squirrel accounting, its called.

I agree King is counting the share purchases which in fairness is a cost they've had to incur. 

The good thing is though that the £6m or so they bought in with and the £5m we paid Ashley back with are non recurring. The next £12m + should be more on the team 

16 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Look, did you not read above what I said about posting pesky facts, it'll never catch on in here you know. 

Some people just prefer to shout 'ye talk shite', generally have their mind already made up. 

Facts and logic are of no use to them, this and the DK statement thread is clear evidence of such. 

What can you do ....

Well for a start when you quote facts, best starting point is to make sure they are right.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's a fucking con man taking us for utter cunts.

He is definitely being economical with the truth. That is for sure. The same fracture in the support is apparent with King, as it was with Warburton. The manager was obviously easier to get rid of, King is here to stay though. This is a serious issue but there won't be anywhere near the same appetite to get rid of him as there was the manager. Most of the folk defending and supporting him will be those who are just happy to have a club to support. 

The only money invested in Ibrox is the money us fans put in .

Why have club 1872 not said anything ? 

They claim to represent us fans while only representing themselves. 

Give us a break down of any money spent that have not down to fans or sponsers ? 

And when are our shares that you drove down going back on the market should also be a question put to this cunt. 

Can anyone provide an accurate synopsis from the last published accounts detailing breakdown of loans / share purchases for directors and investors, also incorporating projections to date / end of season. Also do such figures incorporate all expenditure by these individuals, ie would take into account the MA loan payback.

Really interested to see a simplistic accurate breakdown for true comparison to DKs intial pledges from Mar 15 and secondly the 2nd statement if a @TheLawManor someone could help out.

Cheers.

The only downside I can see to Warburton leaving is that it's like we're back to square one. And it feels like we've been back to square one a dozen times since 2012, McCoist,  Mcdowell,  McCall and Warburton. 

It's crucial that the next manager gets a proper go at it with as little restrictions as possible because we can't afford to fail again.

A fresh start is a good thing but the taigs are pushing further and further ahead.

We can't get another manager in to 'see how it pans out' the board have to show faith in their next appointment with significant investment. They can't do it cheaply or try to take short cuts.

While I am glad he's gone the board have used Warburton as a scapegoat but from now the buck stops with the board imo.  They will be to blame if we start slipping again.

They better have the finger out and have preparations for next season beginning now.

Imo they can bang on about the amount already invested but their first plan has failed and more money is needed and if they aren't willing to provide it then the fans better open up their eyes and get over this love in with DK. 

I can understand fans loving players or even managers but I don't get where this affection for any board members comes from.

I just hope they don't use the fact that 18m has allegedly been invested as an excuse. They go on about how much they've put in as if we should all feel bad for them for throwing that much money at the team but the fact is if they don't have the cash then that's where the buck stops, sometimes I feel like the board are saying "come on to fuck guys, we've put loads of money in already, you might just have to accept that Aberdeen and hearts are at our level and celtic are too far ahead"

It seems like the current board is crossing their fingers hoping that their plan works, what we need is a board that's is determined to get us back to where we belong and shows the passion to get us there.

Our board go on and on about the uphill struggle were facing like they're preparing us for failure while we're all crying out for someone who doesn't believe in failure who will do everything it takes to secure our future

20 hours ago, PRW. said:

The account showed 14m put in and they were released around September time. Go look at them.

Some people think signing on fees, agent fees and all other consumables to do with transfers and running the club are paid with thin air mate!!

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can anyone provide an accurate synopsis from the last published accounts detailing breakdown of loans / share purchases for directors and investors, also incorporating projections to date / end of season. Also do such figures incorporate all expenditure by these individuals, ie would take into account the MA loan payback.

Really interested to see a simplistic accurate breakdown for true comparison to DKs intial pledges from Mar 15 and secondly the 2nd statement if a @TheLawManor someone could help out.

Cheers.

As at 30th June 2016

New Oasis (Dave King) = £3.7m loans

Park and Bennett = £2.45m loans

Taylor, Letham and Hong Kong boys = £3.875 loans

Total loans = £10.025m

Since that date we know for definite that King has further loaned £800k taking his total to £4.5m.

A further £2.1m has also been loaned but it is not known by whom.

This means the total known loans as at October 2016 was £12.925m.  Im pretty sure there will have been/will be more by end of season.

Here is what King "pledged":

"My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail.

‘From the discussions I have to date I think there are other people who would come with me.

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure."

3 hours ago, TheLawMan said:

As at 30th June 2016

Total loans = £10.025m

Since that date we know for definite that King has further loaned £800k taking his total to £4.5m.

This means the total known loans as at October 2016 was £12.925m.  Im pretty sure there will have been/will be more by end of season.

"My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail.

Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure."

Maybe some people will read facts from that and stop backing the liar. Fucking sick of people eating the shite off his shoes. 

4 hours ago, TheLawMan said:

As at 30th June 2016

Total loans = £10.025m

Interesting you cite an interview from a year before the EGM being what King "pledged". 

7 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Ah, so do you think it was ok to lie to get into power then once in, change your views.  Got ye. :tu: 

Not at all. More that I'd have thought "pledges" would have made around the EGM as he launched his bid to take control of the club. Not a full year earlier.  

Couldn't give a fuck what lies King tells or has told in the past the sad fact of the matter is the club is deteriorating in front of our eyes and we are going fucking nowhere, the proof of the pudding is that shite in front of us on the park week in, week out, a fuckin shambles and has been for some time inbetween agm's and meaningless statements of empty words. And if you think going down the bring in an old face job to 'stabilise' things until the end of the season job is the answer then they are sadly deluded, we've been there done that and it ended up in tears eventually. The present custodians need to start showing the club and fans some respect and come up with some answers to the problems if they can't then basically it's time to get off the chanty!

image.gif

Been going on for years but this year ought to bring a conclusion to the Green and Whyte shambles as the cases will be concluded. Until all of that is finally sorted we are just not a good investment. The hand to mouth existance will continue until that point with soft loans.

I am not too concerned with these loans as the intention is to convert to shares once that becomes possible so it seems to me somewhat wrong to call them debt but that, of course, is how they must appear on the books.