Billy Davies & Barry Ferguson at Ibrox later?

CoatbridgeBear

18 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Because it won't be for 4 months.

This interim talk is just to try and keep us optimistic. This will be a permanent appointment.

I do not think King is that stupid mate, and that is from someone who has zero faith in his ability to do what we need.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Spent some time in charge at Blackpool, then has progressed to take his badges and cutting his teeth with Clyde to learn his trade.

More than you get from many who walk into jobs straight after stopping playing.

Also, you cant guarantee success from anyone, so obviously there is a level of risk involved, same as there was with Le Guen as there would be with De Boer.

I may be looking through blue tinted specs but if I were a young player coming through and Ferguson was passing on knowledge, advice and guidance I would be lapping it up considering the career he had.

So who are the success stories of his time at Blackpool and Clyde? Which young players has he successfully mentored and moulded into a top class professional?

A quick look at his time at Blackpool shows they won 3 in 20 games. Clyde sit 6th in the lowest tier of professional football in Scotland. So other than being a good player 10 years ago, (Pele was great but couldn't coach worth a fuck) what has he done that would make him a success "working with young players" or what he has shown that makes you think he could help players such as Burt & Gilmour?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I've got my own opinion of Ferguson, and being a loudmouth is about the only thing he is good at to be honest. 

I am not saying he is a saint by any means but he would rattle a few cages.

Plus as stated, the guy has a lot to offer.

Couldn't care if he was the biggest prick in the world, if the players bought into it, played with some passion and desire then great.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Cool.

Tommy Sheridan's swinging partner, and the man who's got Clyde to 6th place in SPL League 2.

Great work from the board as usual. :craphead:

So your using a twitter Post to beat the Board with, I dont want Davies anywhere near us but surely they have to talk to all options available aT the moment to get to a proper desicion, hopefully not employing him.  

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So who are the success stories of his time at Blackpool and Clyde? Which young players has he successfully mentored and moulded into a top class professional?

A quick look at his time at Blackpool shows they won 3 in 20 games. Clyde sit 6th in the lowest tier of professional football in Scotland. So other than being a good player 10 years ago, (Pele was great but couldn't coach worth a fuck) what has he done that would make him a success "working with young players" or what he has shown that makes you think he could help players such as Burt & Gilmour?

So as a manger you need a success story, you cant develop your trade and learn your own philosophy etc?

At Blackpool he was in a dog fight and with Clyde he is working with a calibre of player he probably hasn't played with or managed before so its a learning curve.

Already said that it would never be a cast iron certainty to work.

Having worked in football, young players look up and idolise guys who have made it and they want to follow that pathway.

Ferguson came through at a time when we were spending millions on players, but still looked like a diamond in next to them.

Gilmour will look at examples such as Barry as to what he could achieve and Ferguson could be a great mentor to help young guys into our first team.

7 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

The board are many things but they aren't stupid, they know the next manager has to excite fans to shift season tickets.

Edit: The next permanent manager I mean

Might not be stupid but he is skint.

Eck will come in, steady the ship, secure 2nd and maybe even put in a decent performance against the tarriers and come the summer King will be trying to convince us all that he's the man to take us forward. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So as a manger you need a success story, you cant develop your trade and learn your own philosophy etc?

At Blackpool he was in a dog fight and with Clyde he is working with a calibre of player he probably hasn't played with or managed before so its a learning curve.

Already said that it would never be a cast iron certainty to work.

Having worked in football, young players look up and idolise guys who have made it and they want to follow that pathway.

Ferguson came through at a time when we were spending millions on players, but still looked like a diamond in next to them.

Gilmour will look at examples such as Barry as to what he could achieve and Ferguson could be a great mentor to help young guys into our first team.

To be at Rangers? Yes. No two ways about it. We aren't somewhere to cut your teeth.

A player largely described as a disruptive influence throughout his career who attracted headlines after going to the boozer in a club tracksuit after an OF red card would be a great mentor?

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Might not be stupid but he is skint.

Eck will come in, steady the ship, secure 2nd and maybe even put in a decent performance against the tarriers and come the summer King will be trying to convince us all that he's the man to take us forward. 

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I honestly can't see it. The board rely heavily on season tickets so appointing him knowing they could drop would be complete stupidity.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

seen the link to Rowett. Done a very good and consistent job at brum. Got sacked with them in 7th which is beyond me but there yae go

Apparently he got sacked for refusing to sign a new contract.

He's got a decent track record but his teams are supposedly bery defensive manager and he's still pretty inexperienced in terms of dealing with the demands we have as a club and support.

I'm not sure how I would feel if we appointed him but he's probably one of the better names that's been mentioned.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

To be at Rangers? Yes. No two ways about it. We aren't somewhere to cut your teeth.

A player largely described as a disruptive influence throughout his career who attracted headlines after going to the boozer in a club tracksuit after an OF red card would be a great mentor?

Why not? Every appointment is a risk, but you have to try and give the opportunity to somebody. I do not see Barry as a manager, but an assistant or leading a youth team.

Look at guys like Mourinho, never played the game but studied at Barcelona at youth level and given chance at Porto and we know the rest. He was given a chance a took it.

Likewise you look at the likes of Maradona, genius, but hopeless manager. There is no set formula.

Some would say these negative times in Ferguson career would make him an even better mentor due to learning from the experiences. Do as I say not as I do.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Why not? Every appointment is a risk, but you have to try and give the opportunity to somebody. I do not see Barry as a manager, but an assistant or leading a youth team.

Look at guys like Mourinho, never played the game but studied at Barcelona at youth level and given chance at Porto and we know the rest. He was given a chance a took it.

Likewise you look at the likes of Maradona, genius, but hopeless manager. There is no set formula.

Some would say these negative times in Ferguson career would make him an even better mentor due to learning from the experiences. Do as I say not as I do.

But they have other traits that would show they ave the necessary skillset to be a success. Does Ferguson? Nepotism, poor results and turgid football suggest not,

Just now, The Dude said:

But they have other traits that would show they ave the necessary skillset to be a success. Does Ferguson? Nepotism, poor results and turgid football suggest not,

In your opinion.

Have you spent a lot of time watching Blackpool and Clyde?

Cant say I have seen a single game, so cant comment.

Results in football are not always the key element, especially when working with younger players.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Not sure about Billy Davies, but Barry Ferguson is a 100% yes from me.

Guy is exactly what we need. Passion, Desire and a willingness for Rangers to be the best.

Legend in my eyes.

CD3634238.jpg

_1968439_fergusonscores300.jpg

_1968548_fergusonceleb300.jpg

Looks there's Maurice Ross celebrating in the background he's a good Rangers man appoint him too 

I give up 

we never learn our lessons 

unless that's a fishing trip or a whoosh 

6 minutes ago, Coplandrear25 said:

Aye-He was really useful during the Paul Le Guen era.

Disruptive wee shite.

Aye hugely disruptive, Le Guen was turgid, he left and Rangers were undefeated in the league recording 12 wind and 3 draws to the end of the season including two old firm wins.

But obviously if Barry hadn't said anything about the shite Le Guen would have won all 15 games!! :headwall: