Billy Davies & Barry Ferguson at Ibrox later?

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Who said anything about managing?

I have always said that Barry should be involved in the club for many reasons, but not as a manger.

Then doing what? 

Running around shouting We Are The People, so the players know what it means. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's just over 4months mate and he'll 100% get us 2nd

To be honest Kenny should be able to get us second. 

Ive got a sneaky feeling whoever gets this stand in gig is going to be shoved on us with the full time position in the summer. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Then doing what? 

No. The guy is a leader and to many young players an inspiration of what you can achieve.

Working with the younger players, even involved with the first team training.

You honestly think that the best home grown player we have developed in the last 20 years doesn't have something to offer the club?

Captained the club to multiple awards and a European final

Captained his country

Won a move to the Premiership and never looked one bit out place, also won a league cup down south with Birmingham

Knows exactly what it takes to makes it and perform to the levels expected in the club and could help many players such as a Burt, Gilmour etc

But naw he can just run about starting a sign song because that's all he is good for FFS

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No. The guy is a leader and to many young players an inspiration of what you can achieve.

You honestly think that the best home grown player we have developed in the last 20 years doesn't have something to offer the club?

Captained his country

Won a move to the Premiership and never looked one bit out place, also won a league cup down south with Birmingham

Knows exactly what it takes to makes it and perform to the levels expected in the club and could help many players such as a Burt, Gilmour etc

But naw he can just run about starting a sign song because that's all he is good for FFS

What experience does he have as a coach that suggests he would be successful that?

Just now, The Dude said:

What experience does he have as a coach that suggests he would be successful that?

Spent some time in charge at Blackpool, then has progressed to take his badges and cutting his teeth with Clyde to learn his trade.

More than you get from many who walk into jobs straight after stopping playing.

Also, you cant guarantee success from anyone, so obviously there is a level of risk involved, same as there was with Le Guen as there would be with De Boer.

I may be looking through blue tinted specs but if I were a young player coming through and Ferguson was passing on knowledge, advice and guidance I would be lapping it up considering the career he had.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Captained his country

I've got my own opinion of Ferguson, and being a loudmouth is about the only thing he is good at to be honest. 

Guest Lloyd72
13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then doing what? 

Thought that was Hallidays job tbh

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I've got my own opinion of Ferguson, and being a loudmouth is about the only thing he is good at to be honest. 

Utter bawbag off the pitch also.

18 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Because it won't be for 4 months.

This interim talk is just to try and keep us optimistic. This will be a permanent appointment.

The board are many things but they aren't stupid, they know the next manager has to excite fans to shift season tickets.

Edit: The next permanent manager I mean