King and co have played a blinder

Gaz52

10 minutes ago, TrueBluez1972 said:

No way has the board played a "blinder".

There are employment laws is this country. MW et al went to work Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri and held press conferences as if nothing had happened. We are told that MW et al contract was terminated on Monday (or sometime after that after the board had “discussions)”……

If "blinder" means getting rid of a manager that some on the board wanted to get rid of without paying compo then it is a short sighted blinder because the club has no leg to stand on – yes I am speculating – but I’m using common-sense based on the available evidence.

The bottom line is that we are a club that is running a persistent structural deficit and rely of soft loans from various parties.

We should have started to prepare for the future 4 years ago when we went down. We would have accepted that. Instead we bought Ian Black and Sandaza and the plebs lapped it up at the time….

We are four years behind schedule….

Getting in Alex McLeish of Jose fucking Mourinho isn’t going to change that we are going to have to pay MW, DW and F Mc over £1m compo in a few years once the tribunal decides. And when it does we’ll still be running with that persistent structural deficit.

:Fod:ye ragin mate.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Of course the board ok'd them but they're hardly going to turn round and say forget it Mark he's pish, pick someone else. 

These are Warburton/McParland signings, the board employed them to pick the team and sign players so it's ridiculous to blame who's coming in on the board. 

Why that's there job, they managed it last month. 

If they didn't want Barton Krancjar Hill Sendros and all the rest they simply had to say no your not getting him yes you can get him. 

Only played a blinder if they dont need to pay compensation. Lets face it a decent percentage of us had enough of MW.

Its not so much about lack of investment as it is about what he did with the money that was available. Why would anyone in their right mind give him anymore?

If true they were in talks with NF then they fucked it up all by themselves. Seems his agent was as poor a choice as some of his signings.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And that blows the budget argument out the water..

So we should get to the Champions league and forfeit?

So we should say that it's ok to be beat by the tarriers?

Over the course of a season I'd expect budgets to be influential but to say our bench was greater than our teams, ad a justification for a sacking, nah not for me.

And yes I'm saying we should finish 2nd, exactly what MW wad tasked with at the start of the season.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The board ok the spend. They don't make the decision on whether the player is a good fit for the team or not.

Did they know who was coming? 

They knew at least as much as we did about them and we thought a lot of them were a gamble. 

Fault on both sides for me, The board appointed an inexperienced manager and for me never backed him with anything like the amount of money to challenge (as they said they would) no point in trying to pretend they didn't back him as he was a dud, they appointed him.

The de Boer fantasy, and thats what it is - its only 2 years since he knocked back spurs ffs will no doubt fuel season ticket sales and when thats done the temporary manager in place will be probably be offered it full time.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

They knew at least as much as we did about them and we thought a lot of them were a gamble. 

Some of them were. Kranjcar and Barton 100%. But i'll say that you can't have known niko would do his knee and while it probaly wasnt a stretch to think Barton would be a dick there was a MASSIVE over-reaction to it,

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How do you know they haven't stuck to these employment laws?

The silence from the frauds that are Warburton, Weir and McParland is deafening albeit only 3-days ... the board are wankers, but they aren't stupid.

They will have an agreement for their notice and safe as houses ... it might be their agent representing them and having it minuted and signed off on and it's backfired but they've fucked it - not the board. 

No way would I have I instructed my agent that I was handing in my notice without having another job cast iron guaranteed. Would you? Maybe the agent was inept. But I doubt it.

I suspect that MW got wind of the Forrest job and got his agent to ask the board the question re compo etc. The board then took this as a verbal resignation and were after a cheap way to get rid of them anyway - from all 3 employees...they all went to work last week (after they had apparently resigned)....the world doesn't work like that.

15 minutes ago, TrueBluez1972 said:

No way has the board played a "blinder".

There are employment laws is this country. MW et al went to work Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri and held press conferences as if nothing had happened. We are told that MW et al contract was terminated on Monday (or sometime after that after the board had “discussions)”……

If "blinder" means getting rid of a manager that some on the board wanted to get rid of without paying compo then it is a short sighted blinder because the club has no leg to stand on – yes I am speculating – but I’m using common-sense based on the available evidence.

The bottom line is that we are a club that is running a persistent structural deficit and rely of soft loans from various parties.

We should have started to prepare for the future 4 years ago when we went down. We would have accepted that. Instead we bought Ian Black and Sandaza and the plebs lapped it up at the time….

We are four years behind schedule….

Getting in Alex McLeish of Jose fucking Mourinho isn’t going to change that we are going to have to pay MW, DW and F Mc over £1m compo in a few years once the tribunal decides. And when it does we’ll still be running with that persistent structural deficit.

Are you an employment lawyer? 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

They've somehow managed to take the heat off themselves by convincing fans that this season was all Warburton's fault. No-one is talking about the lack of investment anymore, just that Warburton bought shite players apparently. He bought what he could on an embarrassing budget for Rangers but that's irrelevant now that all the anti-MW stories are being conveniently leaked. 

Warburton deserves the flack but why do the board walk away from this unchallenged once again? Where is the cowardly Houston and C1872 to ask the hard questions, you know the where the fuck is the money we were promised? Not "are we safe to play in the Scottish cup sir we're pure scared" 

Too busy grassing on Rangers fans and doing everything in their power to lick King's arse even more. 

There was investment though.

Just now, TrueBluez1972 said:

No way would I have I instructed my agent that I was handing in my notice without having another job cast iron guaranteed. Would you? Maybe the agent was inept. But I doubt it.

I suspect that MW got wind of the Forrest job and got his agent to ask the board the question re compo etc. The board then took this as a verbal resignation and were after a cheap way to get rid of them anyway - from all 3 employees...they all went to work last week (after they had apparently resigned)....the world doesn't work like that.

Guys instruct their agents to go in and represent them 24-7 they put trust in them and give them cart blanch .. I said at the time the agent has probably fucked it. I still think this is the case. 

He's done it verbally and fucked it.

Too bad.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What players if fit or available would've made a difference?

Midfield primarily.

Rossiter. Crooks. Windass. Barton. 

Garner up front.

Waghorn to an extent.

Last season we got lucky with injuries.

I'm saying is loved to have seen how this season could have went if all signing had remained pickable.

Just a what if..

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Let's hope the board have played a blinder, rather than the alternative where we have to pay full compensation for a management team that was wiling to walk for nothing in the Summer.

They wanted their cake and eat it (?) 

I would have told them to do one as well. At least now we know where we are in plenty of time for next season. He should have resigned after the Hearts debacle

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

They wanted their cake and eat it (?) 

I would have told them to do one as well. At least now we know where we are in plenty of time for next season. He should have resigned after the Hearts debacle

Absolutely everything I can find out backs Kings story 100%. Some of it is tenuous as fuck but all the wee bits fit together to back it up.

They deserved to go (and to get fucked over in doing so)

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I'd say give the board until the next transfer window and if we're still third rate with no money spent and a manager appointed that doesn't raise our expectations then I'll be right behind you with the criticism and any protests for regime change.

Sorry mate, i say fuck the board, they're doing the bare minimum to keep fans in the loop and are fucking clueless, King needs to accept he fucked up by being so vocal against Ashley before even meeting him, if he had stfu and tried to engage in business quietly he may have ousted him without issue. 

5 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Fault on both sides for me, The board appointed an inexperienced manager and for me never backed him with anything like the amount of money to challenge (as they said they would) no point in trying to pretend they didn't back him as he was a dud, they appointed him.

The de Boer fantasy, and thats what it is - its only 2 years since he knocked back spurs ffs will no doubt fuel season ticket sales and when thats done the temporary manager in place will be probably be offered it full time.

As far as we are aware   -  and MW says this himself  -  the board backed him with every signing he asked for till this January when he wanted another winger and an 18 year old from West Ham and they said enough was enough

They also made it clear they wanted 2nd - however unpalatable that was - and backed him to achieve that. He was failing.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So we should get to the Champions league and forfeit?

So we should say that it's ok to be beat by the tarriers?

Over the course of a season I'd expect budgets to be influential but to say our bench was greater than our teams, ad a justification for a sacking, nah not for me.

And yes I'm saying we should finish 2nd, exactly what MW wad tasked with at the start of the season.

You're whining about budgets on other posts " how are we supposed to compete with the beasts" etc but Aberdeen are above us in league with an inferior budget and we've not beaten St Johnstone or Ross County during Warboleaks tenure..

And who justified a sacking over the bench at Pittodrie :lol:

As for finishing second, is it acceptable, no.

Would i have accepted it this season. Grudgingly.

Do i think being 27 points behind, scrapping for second with aberdeen and hearts, bottling every tough away game, plus 6 goal difference, same schholboy errors week in week out by the same players and then condescending pish by the guy who signed them is acceptable?

Quite frankly, i think it's fucking embarrassing!!!

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sorry mate, i say fuck the board, there doing the bare minimum to keep fans in the loop and are fucking clueless, King needs to acept he fucked up by bein so vocal against Ashley before even meeting him, if he had stfu and tried to engage in business quietly he may have ousted him without issue. 

I don't have much confidence in them but for me they've got one more shot at fixing us.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely everything I can find out backs Kings story 100%. Some of it is tenuous as fuck but all the wee bits fit together to back it up.

They deserved to go (and to get fucked over in doing so)

Even though I'm not a fan of King and the board I still found it depressing earlier this afternoon to read 2 posters who I respect blaming the board for it.

I mean wtf .. c'mon .. what you want them to do? some folk are incapable of giving some credit where it's due.

You can still be firmly in one camp but give a bit of credit away. It doesn't make you weak for your mental online arguing lmao. 

30 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Considerably closer than 27 points (although obviously not winning it).

Regardless of the ridiculous season that they are having, we probably wouldn't have won it this year anyway based on current squad etc but we should not be 27 points behind.

We have dropped points in 50% of games.

We have played St J twice, Ross County 3 times and have no wins from those 5. We've lost at Tynecastle twice. Dropped points again Hamilton at Ibrox, Kilmarnock away etc.

We have scored more than 2 goals in the league on one occasion this year. Mid Feb, 24 games in we have a goal difference of 6 and our top goalscorer in the league has 6 goals, the next highest, 3.

The budget argument doesn't stack up on that record.

Considerably closer than 27 points? And if we finish 40-50 points behind them this season?

What do you expect and require of the board and new manager for next season? 

What would be acceptable transfer budget and given that was delivered what acceptable points deficit for the season.???

What if the board don't deliver on your budget expectations?

What if the manager is several points to adrift of your expectations by Xmas?

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The board are Rangers fans so you would think they would take more of an interest in who was being signed, as did the rest of us.

46 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

They've somehow managed to take the heat off themselves by convincing fans that this season was all Warburton's fault. No-one is talking about the lack of investment anymore, just that Warburton bought shite players apparently. He bought what he could on an embarrassing budget for Rangers but that's irrelevant now that all the anti-MW stories are being conveniently leaked. 

Warburton deserves the flack but why do the board walk away from this unchallenged once again? Where is the cowardly Houston and C1872 to ask the hard questions, you know the where the fuck is the money we were promised? Not "are we safe to play in the Scottish cup sir we're pure scared" 

Too busy grassing on Rangers fans and doing everything in their power to lick King's arse even more. 

2 million plus on Garner and MOH along with wages for the other players he brought in such as Senderos and Kiernan who are duds, most of his other signings so far have been borderline duds. Warbs played with 3 midfielders but had some weird thing about signing as many as he could get his hands on, even the fans could see where the problems lay. I will admit not all his signings were duds, I rate Foderingham and while he will never get an England cap I think he is a good player, Josh Windass looks really good but just seems to get injured to easily.

While I believe the board have not invested as heavily as we needed, I do however believe Warbs was given enough to at least get us into a better position/state even a comfortable 2nd place. TBH I'm glad he wasn't given anymore money as he would only have pissed it up against the wall on midfielders.