Stewart Robertson - Interview

Guest Lloyd72

Southampton are in a different situation from us, there is no pressure to actually win anything. All they need for a successful season is to stay in the Premiership and keep the Sky millions coming in. 

I would rather have a look at the clubs who are winning trophies to see how they operate.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Southampton, spurs, city, chelsea and atletico madrid, all teams that can hire someone to take the paperwork and non first team duties away from their expensive but highly regarded first team coach who doesnt want outside interference in first team duties,

so why the fuck would rangers need one, why not have the work done by people already at the club and simply hire a coach or simply stay with a manager, we arent minted like these teams, they will likely have a mountain of people to work under the DoF that links all aspects of the club from scouting, to physio, youth academy and development and probably finance as well

we dont and will never have that type of club infrastructure because we couldnt afford it and in all honesty we dont fucking need it for scottish football

I think it's a very good idea for rangers at this moment in time. We need someone to take on the role and make things happen. You can't say we don't need it because it's Scottish football. Why won't we have that sort of infrastructure? The smaller teams in Scotland have better youth teams than rangers because they invested. That's the only way they make money these days because they sell. we will have that infrastructure but it takes time to get all that right. 

10 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Mate I'm trying my best no to pull my hair out at the absolute ignorance and attitude.

Its no wonder Scottish football is so far behind, and continuing to freefall. 

Same people would be raging if the tims were doing this, saying it's another sign of how far ahead they are.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

see my post above about why we cant and dont need it

why cant stewart robertson set up and arrange these things, warburton has set up a scouting system and a youth set up, granted the scouting was a bust but the youth set up has apparently been transformed dramatically, but now we want to hire someone else to simply hire others into these positions :lol:

Why would the DoF need to hire others into these positions if he stated that the youth coaches etc are doing a great job with the youths, he would only oversee everything and make sure it keeps working, two years ago we had no youth system, give them a chance you never know it might work, I get the feeling in here that if the board hired a top coach and DoF and gave them a 10 million budget folk on here would still find fault.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

“We haven’t at this stage spoken to anyone about the manager or Director of Football roles. We are just gathering the facts and we will take our time as they are two key roles."

Staggering.  Just staggering imo that they haven't even spoken to anyone yet.    I'll have to listen to his interview again and read the article in the Rangers website again in case I'm missing something here but right now - at first glance - not even having spoken to anyone yet is, imo, staggering.    I'm probably being unkind here its like a fire extinguisher sitting unused in the corner when there is a raging fire just feet away.  What is the point in having an MD and Directors who react sol slowly as this to finding an interim manager.  Watch this space .......if league points continue to be dropped it won't be Robertson or King who will be front and centre taking responsibility.......it'll be Murty if he's the one left holding the first team while the MD and Directors dither and huff and puff and look at the facts and so on.  Talk about a deflection from reality!

I'll re-read the stuff and  maybe it'll make more sense second time round.

Aye lets rush things and get it wrong rather than assess all the details and pick the best option available to us.

They really, really need to get it right this time.  Next season was to be the one when we put up a serious challenge for the title, so everything (managerial team, DOF if we are going down that route, and player signings) has to be in place over the next three months or so if there's to be any hope at all. 

11 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Its no Stewart Robertsons job to be an expert in player recruitment, scouting, youth systems etc ffs mate. 

We're wanting to hire someone who can give us the best possible chance at having a fantastic youth set up (not saying Warburton/Muholland didn't, but lets improve it even more), someone who can build us a wide, successful scouting network.

Guys like Ross Wilson and Paul Mitchell have been successful at a club with one of the best scouting and youth departments in the world. That is fact. Rangers want to bring them in because thats the route we want to go down. How is this a bad thing? Seriously man

Aye clubs with money to spend, we don't have money, most of the ideas they would likely have will probably cost a lot more than we can afford

I hate using them as an example but the tarriers had guaranteed 3 years without us and they didn't even attempt this type of thinking, most likely because its not needed

Scottish football isnt big enough to warrant this

I can certainly see why a club would want to have someone in place to oversee scouting, recruitment and other roles that keep the manager from working with players, its just that with very finite resources this just feels like a another significant wage that could be going towards attracting a better quality manager.

Of course thats a knee jerk reaction If this means that the club is gearing up to be active in scouting and recruitment  and actually has a long term vision to re capitalise and take the club forward then obv its welcome.

24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Southampton, spurs, city, chelsea and atletico madrid, all teams that can hire someone to take the paperwork and non first team duties away from their expensive but highly regarded first team coach who doesnt want outside interference in first team duties,

so why the fuck would rangers need one, why not have the work done by people already at the club and simply hire a coach or simply stay with a manager, we arent minted like these teams, they will likely have a mountain of people to work under the DoF that links all aspects of the club from scouting, to physio, youth academy and development and probably finance as well

we dont and will never have that type of club infrastructure because we couldnt afford it and in all honesty we dont fucking need it for scottish football

Mountain - where's the mountain come from - no one's mentioning a mountain.

Who knows the current structure, perhaps a DoF would get rid of McParland - I'm not sure, but I'm not condemning it.

11 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Southampton are in a different situation from us, there is no pressure to actually win anything. All they need for a successful season is to stay in the Premiership and keep the Sky millions coming in. 

I would rather have a look at the clubs who are winning trophies to see how they operate.

That Juventus seem pretty successful.

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

“We haven’t at this stage spoken to anyone about the manager or Director of Football roles. We are just gathering the facts and we will take our time as they are two key roles."

Staggering.  Just staggering imo that they haven't even spoken to anyone yet.    I'll have to listen to his interview again and read the article in the Rangers website again in case I'm missing something here but right now - at first glance - not even having spoken to anyone yet is, imo, staggering.    I'm probably being unkind here its like a fire extinguisher sitting unused in the corner when there is a raging fire just feet away.  What is the point in having an MD and Directors who react sol slowly as this to finding an interim manager.  Watch this space .......if league points continue to be dropped it won't be Robertson or King who will be front and centre taking responsibility.......it'll be Murty if he's the one left holding the first team while the MD and Directors dither and huff and puff and look at the facts and so on.  Talk about a deflection from reality!

I'll re-read the stuff and  maybe it'll make more sense second time round.

At the end of the day the buck stops with King. If he had made the decision that he did not want Warburton in place he should have set the wheels in motion long before now.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye clubs with money to spend, we don't have money, most of the ideas they would likely have will probably cost a lot more than we can afford

I hate using them as an example but the tarriers had guaranteed 3 years without us and they didn't even attempt this type of thinking, most likely because its not needed

Scottish football isnt big enough to warrant this

Fuck them this is the type of move that can put us infront of them. 

Its all well and good shouting about how we want the Ajax model, the Lisbon model, the Southampton model etc but when the club does it cunts moan.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Its all well and good shouting about how we want the Ajax model, the Lisbon model, the Southampton model etc but when the club does it cunts moan.

Some people just want to hate the board whether they take the right steps or not.

12 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Why would the DoF need to hire others into these positions if he stated that the youth coaches etc are doing a great job with the youths, he would only oversee everything and make sure it keeps working, two years ago we had no youth system, give them a chance you never know it might work, I get the feeling in here that if the board hired a top coach and DoF and gave them a 10 million budget folk on here would still find fault.

So why have a director of football in the first place, we're saying a DoF would oversee the non first team stuff and allow the coach to focus on his duties, so why not just have guys like mullholland etc in charge of separate areas and let them focus on their duties, why do we need someone else for them to simply report their progress to,

And what if the DoF think the youth coach is shite but the first team coach doesnt, then what?

There are too many variables here that can go tits up for a gamble that isn't needed in Scottish football, its not being backwards, we could hire one of the most forward thinking managers in the game or hire a DoF that could be stuck in the dark ages

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In what way, they finished below a team without a dof

I get your point, i mean that in terms of coming from the championship easily, finishing 3rd in their 1st season back up and seem to (from the outside) not have interference from above.

Im not stating they are the role model we should look to more that it is something they are using and seems to be working for them.

Personally id rather just have a manager but a DoF isnt something id write off...

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

No it wont, you think having someone above a first team coach will catch them :lol: 

Scottish football is about cold hard cash, we won't catch them unless we spend money, and you dont need a dof to do that

Whos rodgers dof at the piggery again?