*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Am I missing something here?

"Windass will return to full training but won't be available for this game"

Yet folk have him in their sides :lol: 

Did see it in the original post but read Murty's update last night which said he's in training as of yesterday....

Doubt he'll be risked but not seen anything saying he's not available, not yet anyway lol

Team's what i'd like to see on Sunday, barring the obvious long term injuries

6 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Why are folk changing the formation? Are we just going to scrap The 433 system that's been implemented in the youth? 

I bloody well hope so!

I think a 442 is more likely to work with the players we have, even if we've been training for the 433 formation for the last 1.5 years.

Might take a few weeks to click but i'd be very surprised if a new manager comes in and sticks to the failed W&W philosophy.

3 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

I bloody well hope so!

I think a 442 is more likely to work with the players we have, even if we've been training for the 433 formation for the last 1.5 years.

Might take a few weeks to click but i'd be very surprised if a new manager comes in and sticks to the failed W&W philosophy.

Obviously it's not working for the first team but for the kids playing that way they'll be doing it for 4,5,6 years before they reach the first team.  It's a tricky one. 

8 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Obviously it's not working for the first team but for the kids playing that way they'll be doing it for 4,5,6 years before they reach the first team.  It's a tricky one. 

Yeah i can't see an interim manager wiping out the training schedules for the under 20's and below, but i'd imagine the first team will be playing in a more traditional 442 eventually this season.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Yeah i can't see an interim manager wiping out the training schedules for the under 20's and below, but i'd imagine the first team will be playing in a more traditional 442 eventually this season.

Probably a big reason we're looking for permanent manager to take over now rather than an interim manager

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Probably a big reason we're looking for permanent manager to take over now rather than an interim manager

Appointing a permanent manager now would probably mean nabbing them from another club, meaning compo, whereas appointing a (currently out of work) interim manager to the end of the season allows us to take a broader look a what's available in the summer and invite applications etc, which of course would include the interim manager.

That's not to say we couldn't appoint one now, but i'm guessing the board are thinking along the lines of the above.

Fod 

Hodson        Wilson      Hill     Wallace

Tav       Hyndman        Toral

Waghorn      Miller         McKay 

An attacking team. I want lots of goals and good defending please.